• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Needs

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether or not KJ and or Kendricks is a Hawk next year, I think we still need to draft LB depth. Calitro showed some flashes at times and Shaquem hasn't done a ton in his very limited time as LB so far.

DL depth as well, and I'd love to spend an early pick here ala Malik McDowell. Get a stud who has no interest in quads, motorcycles, or surfing in shark infested waters. Frank needs a pass rush buddy who can get there more often than Reed did.

Other than that, best athlete available. Special teams needs some talent upgrades.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of whether or not KJ and or Kendricks is a Hawk next year, I think we still need to draft LB depth. Calitro showed some flashes at times and Shaquem hasn't done a ton in his very limited time as LB so far.

DL depth as well, and I'd love to spend an early pick here ala Malik McDowell. Get a stud who has no interest in quads, motorcycles, or surfing in shark infested waters. Frank needs a pass rush buddy who can get there more often than Reed did.

Other than that, best athlete available. Special teams needs some talent upgrades.

I haven't been impressed with Shaqueem in the least... Actually was disappointed w/ his play this year... With the way he played, he shouldn't be on the roster next year...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been impressed with Shaqueem in the least... Actually was disappointed w/ his play this year... With the way he played, he shouldn't be on the roster next year...

I wouldn't go that far. Most of his playing time was in special teams and he showed up more than a few times there. Let's give a guy more than 1 season before we jump to the shouldn't be on the roster talk. He certainly does need to improve, so let Pete and Co. work with the kid for a while.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our special teams was pretty bad. We really need much better coverage especially considering the leg strength of our punter.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reed did great getting interior pressure considering he is supposed to be a run stuffer. Best we've had from a pure DT in some years

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a question for you all. if either Zach Allen or Brian Burns are their at 21 do you pick him or use that as trade bait still? It makes the pick more attractive but like say if the 31st team trades with the Hawks, the Hawks only get a 200 ( 800 for 21st 600 for 31st )value and they ( 31st team ) can not make that value very easily. it would take their original pick then a 3,4,and 5th round picks to = moving up 10 spots because of how low they are valued and the drop off of value on their picks. no team will give up that many picks for 10 spots. Either one of these two would be solid starters and possible probowl / future HoFers.

Ok i hate the offseason but this is one of the fun parts trying to figure out what your team is going to do. Remember Seattle can't be giving up different round picks to also offset value because well they don't have them really lol.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning on 710, they're reporting that Bobby Wagner says he will not use an agent to negotiate his next deal. He's going into the final year of his 2nd deal, with a base of $10.5M and overall cap number of $14.1M. He turns 29 at the end of June.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a question for you all. if either Zach Allen or Brian Burns are their at 21 do you pick him or use that as trade bait still? It makes the pick more attractive but like say if the 31st team trades with the Hawks, the Hawks only get a 200 ( 800 for 21st 600 for 31st )value and they ( 31st team ) can not make that value very easily. it would take their original pick then a 3,4,and 5th round picks to = moving up 10 spots because of how low they are valued and the drop off of value on their picks. no team will give up that many picks for 10 spots. Either one of these two would be solid starters and possible probowl / future HoFers.

Ok i hate the offseason but this is one of the fun parts trying to figure out what your team is going to do. Remember Seattle can't be giving up different round picks to also offset value because well they don't have them really lol.

I think burns definitely fits the mold, but he needs to gain 20 lbs.

allen is not a speed guy, maybe he fills the red bryant role this defense has been missing for so long.

However, I think we almost have to trade down due to lack of picks which is a shame because we have missed out on top end talent for so many years now and we will yet again.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far. Most of his playing time was in special teams and he showed up more than a few times there. Let's give a guy more than 1 season before we jump to the shouldn't be on the roster talk. He certainly does need to improve, so let Pete and Co. work with the kid for a while.

I understand that but let's address the elephant in the room... Not having a hand has affected his play at this level imo... I like the kid... I love his story and heart... I respect the helk out of him but this is a business... I'm one of his #1 fans and hope he can somehow be a decent player in this league.... Being a fan of his, is why I was very disappointed in his play...

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think burns definitely fits the mold, but he needs to gain 20 lbs.

allen is not a speed guy, maybe he fills the red bryant role this defense has been missing for so long.

However, I think we almost have to trade down due to lack of picks which is a shame because we have missed out on top end talent for so many years now and we will yet again.

trade down not out of first round
and for a second round pick
#1.dt
#2wr
#3 de
#4 ss
defence and more defence
winns championships

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but let's address the elephant in the room... Not having a hand has affected his play at this level imo... I like the kid... I love his story and heart... I respect the helk out of him but this is a business... I'm one of his #1 fans and hope he can somehow be a decent player in this league.... Being a fan of his, is why I was very disappointed in his play...

How? He didn't miss any interceptions. He didn't let guys slip out of grasp. Where he struggled was being out of position and losing contain. That's not something you do with your hands. It's being disciplined inside the defensive scheme, and is something a lot of young players deal with, and very fixable.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trade down not out of first round
and for a second round pick
#1.dt
#2wr
#3 de
#4 ss
defence and more defence
winns championships

patriots could be prime target
for just that
georgia wr riley ridley would fit
seahawk football

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pass on a WR in this draft, i think we just have to hope darboh comes back and moore recovers from his mental collapse after the chargers game.

I think we need to come out of round 1 with the best DL or OL on the board, then fill in S, CB, OLB with our other picks.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How? He didn't miss any interceptions. He didn't let guys slip out of grasp. Where he struggled was being out of position and losing contain. That's not something you do with your hands. It's being disciplined inside the defensive scheme, and is something a lot of young players deal with, and very fixable.

There have been a few instances where he wasn't able to wrap up due to not having hand.... for example, against the Panthers he missed 2 tackles because he didn't have a hand so he couldn't grab the jersey to bring the ball carrier down...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much of a problem at all with Shaquem's play as a 5th round rookie. We've been a bit more fortunate than most teams I think, but the reality is players drafted that late are usually not expected to ever be much more than role players and/or capable backups. In my view he had some very solid ST play, and I think for his rookie season that is nothing to sneeze at. He also got more snaps on D late in the year and it seemed to me like he improved over what we saw in week 1. If all he amounts to is a ST stud and decent backup who sticks on the team for 4 or 5 years, then I would consider that a win on a 5th round investment.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT run stuffer - Find someone... the fact we allowed (tied for) the 3rd most yards per carry is terrible and a MAJOR reason we lost the Dallas game (although KJ Wright was out most of season, but still).

Another DE - preferably someone with a run/pass rush combo. Now Green could turn out to be that player and when Seattle drafted him he was a KNOWN PROJECT so it's hard to judge his rookie performance.

OL stuff - as usual, although I thought we made great strides this year. We still need pass blockers because Brown is all we have (Britt is okay and coming off an injured season).

WR - Hey, Lockett turned out to be a great signing that I was 100% wrong on, Baldwin was playing injured, and for some reason Moore just disappeared after week 13 (did someone figure him out, injured, mental issues? Major change in offense? WTF)? But it seems even when Wilson did have time he sat in the pocket looking downfield for an ETERNITY and then had to scramble or make some WTF Wilson play. I don't know if it's an offseason scheme or what?
This 'position of need' is all kind of dependent on how we feel going forward with Baldwin and what Moore's issue was all about.

CB - Wouldn't mind seeing some later round draft or cheap FA depth. Pretty happy with our safety play but our corners need some veteran leadership or just go through growing pains. Griffin kind of had a disappointing sophomore season, but he's still young and was thrown into the #1 fairly quickly and a HOF FS and pass defense minded OLB, so....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throughout the season I was really frustrated by the run-defense of our interior defensive linemen. Although, in the final 5-6 weeks or so when Poona Ford was getting significant snaps inside, he was an absolute force.

Shamar Stephen was awful. Hated the signing in the first place and I'd prefer not to see him on the team next year. I'd like to see more of a depth addition here, either through the draft or bringing in a vet that can rotate with Poona Ford and Jarran Reed. Also worth noting that at the other edge spot, I believe we can expect more of an impact from Rasheem Green in 2019. When the Seahawks drafted him he was still very raw, so it's not surprising to see he didn't play much in 2018.

I'm surprised nobody is bringing up the fact that the secondary was awful this year. Bradley McDougald started the season off strong but kind of faded. He's roughly a league average starter, but that's really the only decent starter we have in the secondary.

I know many of the guys in the secondary are still young and learning, but to say that Tedric Thompson, Tre Flowers, Justin Coleman and Shaquill Griffin were anything better than awful would be quite a compliment.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised nobody is bringing up the fact that the secondary was awful this year. Bradley McDougald started the season off strong but kind of faded. He's roughly a league average starter, but that's really the only decent starter we have in the secondary.

I know many of the guys in the secondary are still young and learning, but to say that Tedric Thompson, Tre Flowers, Justin Coleman and Shaquill Griffin were anything better than awful would be quite a compliment.
Wow. It's an opinion that the secondary was awful, not fact. I was going to offer a couple counters to what you're saying, but this is so over the top with hyperbole that there isn't much point. (And you totally ignored Bradley McDougald)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have much of a problem at all with Shaquem's play as a 5th round rookie. We've been a bit more fortunate than most teams I think, but the reality is players drafted that late are usually not expected to ever be much more than role players and/or capable backups. In my view he had some very solid ST play, and I think for his rookie season that is nothing to sneeze at. He also got more snaps on D late in the year and it seemed to me like he improved over what we saw in week 1. If all he amounts to is a ST stud and decent backup who sticks on the team for 4 or 5 years, then I would consider that a win on a 5th round investment.

That would definitely be a win of that is the case... That is pretty much what my expectations was of him when we drafted... I just don't feel like he played that good this year... Even for a 5th round pick...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would definitely be a win of that is the case... That is pretty much what my expectations was of him when we drafted... I just don't feel like he played that good this year... Even for a 5th round pick...
But truth in lending, did he really play all that much? He was a regular on ST and I thought he did fine there. He had that emergency start week 1, struggled, and then didn't really get many defensive snaps until late Nov or so.