• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Final Major...LPGA

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Hinako Shibuno...from the Japanese tour...1st ever LPGA event, so obviously her 1st Major...closed the deal with a birdie on 18.

But...American Lizette Salas will stew over this a long time...an opportunity to post -18 (and solo lead at the time) she flat out choked on her birdie put on 18. Of course no one really cares about women's golf so nobody knows.

https://www.lpga.com/videos/lizette...und-of-the-2019-aig-womens-british-open...the missed putt is at the end of the video.

Did she choke or not?

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she was great, what a smile, bright, bright future.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Asians dominate the LPGA.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Hinako Shibuno...from the Japanese tour...1st ever LPGA event, so obviously her 1st Major...closed the deal with a birdie on 18.

But...American Lizette Salas will stew over this a long time...an opportunity to post -18 (and solo lead at the time) she flat out choked on her birdie put on 18. Of course no one really cares about women's golf so nobody knows.

https://www.lpga.com/videos/lizette...und-of-the-2019-aig-womens-british-open...the missed putt is at the end of the video.

Did she choke or not?

God, I hate this question in golf. (In general, not you asking it)
If golfers never miss a putt of that length in the 1st or 2nd round ...then it's a choke.

But they can & do missed putts like that in any round.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did she choke or not?

Hinako Shibuno was an absolute breath of fresh air.

Standing in the 18th fairway waiting to hit her approach shot, tied for the lead on Sunday at the British Open ..
..what is Hinako doing?? ...she was cracking up laughing with her caddy. When have you ever seen that?

She had the lead walking to the 18th tee on Saturday ...what does she do? Sign the glove of a kid on the way there.
..again, who does that? She has never played a pro round outside of Japan ...I would be throwing up, not signing gloves.

Her nick name is Japan is "Smiling Cinderella"

Boy the did they get that right ...what an absolute darling this girl is.

GettyImages-1165909437.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, I hate this question in golf. (In general, not you asking it)
If golfers never miss a putt of that length in the 1st or 2nd round ...then it's a choke.

But they can & do missed putts like that in any round.

Yeah it's kinda sensitive...especially in golf. If it were me, I would have thought I choked with my weekend hack game and deep down I think she knows she should've been in a playoff at worst.

Yes pros do miss puts of that length...I look at it like this...if the putt was in the 2nd round she probably makes that 8 or 9 times out of 10...make it the final round...maybe 7 out of 10...knowing it was for the lead...who knows, maybe 6 out of 10...the pressure seemed to get to her.

Fortunately she's playing the LPGAT....out of sight, out of mind.