• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Draft Questions

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think if Haskins or Murray drops to pick 11 that the Bengals should pull the trigger (if Murray decides to declare for the NFL draft instead of play MLB)?

If they are not available at 11, do the Bengals pull the trigger in round 2 if Grier, Lock or Jones is available with our second pick as a guy to groom behind Dalton?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not against the idea of a 'smallish' qb, but I think Murray is pushing it. I wonder if he'll even be 5' 8" when they measure him at the combine. If he's taller than 5' 10" I'm in..... And I don't like the idea that he might choose baseball.

I think if Haskins somehow dropped to us (which is basically impossible given that he's the best qb prospect in the draft), then you have to take him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a hypothetical for you (and I mean super hypothetical).

What if Philly decided that they wanted to stick with Nick Foles and cash in on Carson Wentz. Would you trade this year's first and next year's first for Wentz?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What if Philly decided that they wanted to stick with Nick Foles and cash in on Carson Wentz. Would you trade this year's first and next year's first for Wentz?

Next years QB class will be better. 1st this year and a 2nd next year is the most I would go.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st this year and conditional next year depending on play. Another 1st if we make the playoffs and he is active for the playoffs (not on IR).

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins isn't dropping that far, but if he does, then yes.

No on Murray. I'd be ok with taking a project in round 2 or 3 or so. We're not a QB away, so if we have to struggle with Dalton for a couple more years, so be it.

That said, when we suck next year, grab a QB in round 1.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Haskins is not dropping to 11, that is just my scarlet covered blinders speaking. However, I would not be opposed to one of those other 3 guys dropping to round 2 and us taking a flyer on that QB to be Dalton's backup for a couple years and learn the system.

I am starting to think LB is still our biggest need, outside of Kirkpatrick getting released.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would have to do more research. I can count the minutes I watch college FB on no hands.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I think it'd take much more to acquire Wentz on the trade market but I'd give up two 1st rounders for him in a heartbeat

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'd take much more to acquire Wentz on the trade market but I'd give up two 1st rounders for him in a heartbeat

You think? I figure he's a guy that hasn't been durable and he's coming close to his second contract which means you need to pay him. I'd probably roll the dice on a top 10 qb in the draft rather than give up multiple picks to take him.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You think? I figure he's a guy that hasn't been durable and he's coming close to his second contract which means you need to pay him. I'd probably roll the dice on a top 10 qb in the draft rather than give up multiple picks to take him.

His health is definitely a question mark but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that these aren't longterm issues.

He's 26 years old. He had a triple digit passer rating each of the past two seasons. Appears to be a great leader/character guy.

Foles playing so well as his backup probably hurts Wentz reputation a bit but I think any team in need of a franchise QB would be willing to give up a ton of picks for him. A team like the Broncos or Jags would go higher than just the two picks imo