• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 All Pro

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers made Willis the No. 11 overall draft pick in 2007, and he spent eight seasons with San Francisco before retiring after the 2014 season. He was named to seven Pro Bowls and is a five-time first-team All-Pro.

Willis didn't have a long career but boy was it quality years. If he was kept on the team so that he could list a 10 year career, would he have made the Final list?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers’ Kittle, Sherman, Buckner receive All-Pro nods; Armstead left out

So good seeing Buckner get recognized, he had to wait a year but i guess thats how it works? You get a "reputation" in one year, then wait for the next? But sometimes that recognition goes too far, it becomes 'name recognition' vice earning the nod.

This is likely why Armstead wasn't recognized, this is his first year playing at a high level.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle is the best TE in the game, period. He deserves it. Sherman had a pretty solid year, but I can't comment on other corners....I hear a lot about Gilmore and White. I like Buckner, but he hasn't been as good as he was last year, and I think they coulda found someone else.

...and I don't care that Willis only had a 7 or 8 year career - when he played, he was the best at his position for a good portion....good enough for the HOF IMO.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle is the best TE in the game, period. He deserves it. Sherman had a pretty solid year, but I can't comment on other corners....I hear a lot about Gilmore and White. I like Buckner, but he hasn't been as good as he was last year, and I think they coulda found someone else.

...and I don't care that Willis only had a 7 or 8 year career - when he played, he was the best at his position for a good portion....good enough for the HOF IMO.

Buckner might not have been as good in terms of sacks but part of that is the added talent. They could have given someone else but they were probably making up for leaving him off last year.