• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 76ers Regular Season Thread

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes how the Warriors traded D-Lo and admitted that fit didn't work. While here, us fans know that Horford doesn't fit. The Sixers know this as well. So instead of cutting their losses, the Sixers decided to trade for players that they already have. They're willing to ride this shitshow out hoping for a change that won't happen

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know the Lakers start McGee 7ft, AD 6'10, and Bron 6'9 and it's working for them. Spacing is never an issue with them. Reason why is because they have a point forward who shoots perimeter jumpers. So it really doesn't matter what the Sixers do at this point. I believe and always felt that the problem starts with Simmons, follow by Brett and the GM.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So brett still putting Richardson at the point. So brett still starting Horford. So, this team is just soooo hard to watch. LaVine is showing Simmons how to score as a PG and still dish out some assist .

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So brett still putting Richardson at the point. So brett still starting Horford. So, this team is just soooo hard to watch. LaVine is showing Simmons how to score as a PG and still dish out some assist .

I think the discussion changes after this Clippers game.

Horford coming off the bench.
While we question the decision to start Korkmaz, the Clips were making a decided effort to ensure he wasn't going to beat them and perhaps that kind of opened up everything else?
And Josh Richardson had a big impact on the game offensively and defensively guarding PG3 along with Thybulle.

Embiid and Simmons had monster games, which is what you want from your superstars.
Kawhi had a monster game, but not so much for PG3.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the discussion changes after this Clippers game.

Horford coming off the bench.
While we question the decision to start Korkmaz, the Clips were making a decided effort to ensure he wasn't going to beat them and perhaps that kind of opened up everything else?
And Josh Richardson had a big impact on the game offensively and defensively guarding PG3 along with Thybulle.

Embiid and Simmons had monster games, which is what you want from your superstars.
Kawhi had a monster game, but not so much for PG3.

Hopefully brett sticks with this lineup and rotation. The team just looked like they knew what they were doing.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly ugly game tonight, but they pulled through. I don't know what to make of this win:scratch:

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another road loss and another game with the offense out of sync. Simmons left early in the 1st and it wouldn't have made a difference if he played the whole game.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know the Lakers start McGee 7ft, AD 6'10, and Bron 6'9 and it's working for them. Spacing is never an issue with them. Reason why is because they have a point forward who shoots perimeter jumpers. So it really doesn't matter what the Sixers do at this point. I believe and always felt that the problem starts with Simmons, follow by Brett and the GM.
don't think i caught this before, it's somewhat moot now,but if the sixers ran just Ben, Embiid, and Harris, that'd have been the same difference, but Horford was a 4th thrown into the mix. Yes, at some point he needs to shoot if he wants to elevate his game, but Giannis shoots for shit, but doesn't have the same number of players clogging things for him. Ben was showing more consistency taking it to the hoop and foul line before he got hurt, positive signs of things to come I hope.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't think i caught this before, it's somewhat moot now,but if the sixers ran just Ben, Embiid, and Harris, that'd have been the same difference, but Horford was a 4th thrown into the mix. Yes, at some point he needs to shoot if he wants to elevate his game, but Giannis shoots for shit, but doesn't have the same number of players clogging things for him. Ben was showing more consistency taking it to the hoop and foul line before he got hurt, positive signs of things to come I hope.

I agree

Would Simmons having a consistent shot from the outside help the Sixers? of course

But Simmons lack of an outside shot is not as big of a problem as reporters and analysts like to make it seem so

I like Horford
At the time of the signing I liked the idea of Sixers signing Horford
But he doesn't fit on this team and he can't seem to adjust to fit on this team

His inability to work with Embiid is more of an issue than the supposed issue of Simmons working with Embiid
I get sick of hearing so-called experts say that Simmons and Embiid can't play together
They can

And this might be a minority opinion on here but I see the issue this year more Embiid than Simmons or even Horford
Quite frankly Embiid has been playing like a mental midget out there
I'm sick of hearing him talk the talk after he has a good game but basically silent after getting his ass handed to him
He was too inconsistent for his talent
You want to chirp on twitter?
You want to have fun?
Well then do it if it means you are going to be engaged in the game and play with dominance like you should
Do something man
Do something other than making excuses after subpar games which have been often this year

And for the love of God stop taking 3 point shots
He needs to play inside

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree

Would Simmons having a consistent shot from the outside help the Sixers? of course

But Simmons lack of an outside shot is not as big of a problem as reporters and analysts like to make it seem so

I like Horford
At the time of the signing I liked the idea of Sixers signing Horford
But he doesn't fit on this team and he can't seem to adjust to fit on this team

His inability to work with Embiid is more of an issue than the supposed issue of Simmons working with Embiid
I get sick of hearing so-called experts say that Simmons and Embiid can't play together
They can

And this might be a minority opinion on here but I see the issue this year more Embiid than Simmons or even Horford
Quite frankly Embiid has been playing like a mental midget out there
I'm sick of hearing him talk the talk after he has a good game but basically silent after getting his ass handed to him
He was too inconsistent for his talent
You want to chirp on twitter?
You want to have fun?
Well then do it if it means you are going to be engaged in the game and play with dominance like you should
Do something man
Do something other than making excuses after subpar games which have been often this year

And for the love of God stop taking 3 point shots
He needs to play inside
I'm fine with embiid taking the occasional 3, but agree he's been disappointing with the inconsistency. Figured he's been healthy going into the last few offseasons. He'd be coming into one of these seasons with better conditioning. He also hasn't seemed to progress any areas of his game.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your guys thoughts on the new lineup with Shake? Looks pretty good as it frees up Ben to post at the elbow.

I agree what most are saying here about Al not being a fit but remember, they lost the Raptors series based on minutes where Embiid wasn’t on the floor. Al is a legit back up there. I think Brett’s deep dive during shut down is paying dividends in him analyzing what guys play well off each other. Furk and Al seem to bring out the best in each other.

How about the progress of the bench? Last year Mike Scott was their best bench player and this season he may not even be good enough to get in the playoff rotation.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your guys thoughts on the new lineup with Shake? Looks pretty good as it frees up Ben to post at the elbow.

I agree what most are saying here about Al not being a fit but remember, they lost the Raptors series based on minutes where Embiid wasn’t on the floor. Al is a legit back up there. I think Brett’s deep dive during shut down is paying dividends in him analyzing what guys play well off each other. Furk and Al seem to bring out the best in each other.

How about the progress of the bench? Last year Mike Scott was their best bench player and this season he may not even be good enough to get in the playoff rotation.

Their defense in the 1st quarter was really good in that exhibition.
They have 10 games to figure things out.
They are well rested, which they needed.

Thybulle, Furk, Horford, Korkmaz off the bench.
Horford gives them a lot of flexibility in resting Embiid and Brett Brown can figure out the best matchups when the other team starts resting starters, which is when he like to put Embiid back in.

If they were a stock, I'd be buying.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense in the 1st quarter was really good in that exhibition.
They have 10 games to figure things out.
They are well rested, which they needed.

Thybulle, Furk, Horford, Korkmaz off the bench.
Horford gives them a lot of flexibility in resting Embiid and Brett Brown can figure out the best matchups when the other team starts resting starters, which is when he like to put Embiid back in.

If they were a stock, I'd be buying.

I think Birks and Robinson Jr give them bullets with playing match ups against them.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Birks and Robinson Jr give them bullets with playing match ups against them.

Yeah, Burks definitely can get hot quickly.
GR Jr...... meh.

They have enough depth where they just need one or two bench players to get hot at the right time.
Exactly like you said, they've got more bullets than they previously had.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Burks definitely can get hot quickly.
GR Jr...... meh.

They have enough depth where they just need one or two bench players to get hot at the right time.
Exactly like you said, they've got more bullets than they previously had.

For me, it’s all about the defense. They should hold opponents under 100 considering their length and playoff style basketball. If Sixers hold an opponent under 100 that’s a W 8 times out of 10. Really pumped that basketball is back and that there is no home court advantage. This team can do damage. What a time to be alive!

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

still think horford was a terrible signing. it's one thing to say they needed a backup, but at the same time, 20M+ ain't it when you consider they were the ones to go with Amir Johnson and KOQ when they previously were developing Holmes and Wood, but decided the projects weren't worth it. Hell, I would have taken Nerlens in a heartbeat for the deal he signed. That said, like the lineup move, as it wasn't a good fit in general. Needed more guards.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god is al horford trash, such a shit contract.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons was just going through the motions tonight. Glad they got a poor shooting night out of the system before Saturday.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons was just going through the motions tonight. Glad they got a poor shooting night out of the system before Saturday.
I know it's easier without Embiid in the lineup, but it was nice to see Tobias be aggressive and stick with it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's easier without Embiid in the lineup, but it was nice to see Tobias be aggressive and stick with it.

Yep. Overcame a 1-7 start and kept grinding. I really like him taking the bull by the horns during shut down and becoming a leader. Ben and Jo are the best players but neither guy knows how to organize and lead a group. Tobias can do that.