• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Ongoing Thread

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it was a mutually agreed upon separation... different take than being fired per say.

Interesting, is Brodeur lining himself up to be GM???

lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new regime does have a lot to work with. Young goaltender, 2 stud centers, 2 solid defense prospects, 2 first round picks and tons of cap space. Credit to Shero, we have prospect depth and should be able to wheel and deal if need be.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once they knew Hall was out the door, they started looking at rebuilding with our younger guys rather than try and build a win now team... it will be nice to see what they develop over the next year or two... esp with the pics we have coming up.....

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new regime does have a lot to work with. Young goaltender, 2 stud centers, 2 solid defense prospects, 2 first round picks and tons of cap space. Credit to Shero, we have prospect depth and should be able to wheel and deal if need be.
With all due respect aside from Ty Smith i don't think most scouts think our prospect pool is that deep. Most of our top prospects are already with the big club

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect aside from Ty Smith i don't think most scouts think our prospect pool is that deep. Most of our top prospects are already with the big club

I think you somewhat have to include the NHL guys. Boqvist, Bratt are still super young.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deboer to the Knights... Gallant is out... maybe?

I'm going off that he brought a new franchise team to the finals in year 1... unheard of

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation, analytics guys were screaming not to get Subban, Shero did it anyway and owners are stuck paying $9 million per year on a liability.

I'm sure re-upping Hynes and having him play Rooney was also a sticking point.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation, analytics guys were screaming not to get Subban, Shero did it anyway and owners are stuck paying $9 million per year on a liability.

I'm sure re-upping Hynes and having him play Rooney was also a sticking point.

Who knows could be a part of it. But if the analytics dept. can go around the GM to ownership that is itself a major organizational flaw.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Subban was a good move IMO... why it hasn't worked out, I could fault the lack of coaching skills for that but of course the player has his share... You're not getting a super lockdown defender in Subban but an offensive weapon there with speed/athleticism to go around in circles of you.

Firing Shero could be from last year, disgustingly resigning/extending the coach at that moment during a terrible stretch to a horrific season. Not firing or replacing any of the defensive coaches.....

Maybe we should've kept Hall afterall but the return of his is not great but better than nothing.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't really a fan of the Subban move but Shero tried something possibly and it hasn't worked out. Some of the other moves were mediocre at best but nothing to turn the team around. He should have done more the season before and not let the Hall situation come to what it did. The guy should have fired Hynes before this season. There are rumors that Calgary offered more but they liked the Arizona deal.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Shero did some good things. With Subban, one of those high risk, reward trades, except we didn't lose that much asset wise.

A solid move by Shero was drafting Nico instead of Patrick. Who knows now what Patrick's future is with the Flyers, especially with that migraine disorder that he has. We dodged a bullet there.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't really a fan of the Subban move but Shero tried something possibly and it hasn't worked out. Some of the other moves were mediocre at best but nothing to turn the team around. He should have done more the season before and not let the Hall situation come to what it did. The guy should have fired Hynes before this season. There are rumors that Calgary offered more but they liked the Arizona deal.
do you happen to know the calgary offer?

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nico over Nolan was a great move for Shero. He will get the credit for it as the GM. Imagine it wasn't his decision alone. Have to give the scouts a mention also.