• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Suicide League Preview

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is what led me to come up with what I proposed. If we let Monkey grab a TE at the end of the draft I'm OK with that............until it comes up again next year and fer some reason we don't do the same thing fer that guy. T said he lost Crabby in OTA's one year (of course I can't remember that) and had to eat it. I think we have all lost guise before the season started (I think I had a K retire or get cut) but if we do it this year (which I am not against) then we should set something up fer the future.
I mean, sure that's the feel good thing to do, but, would it apply only to guys who were injured during the draft itself? Or would players who go down in between the draft and the "second" draft count too? What happens when you replace a player during this window, then the replacement gets hurt right away (don't laugh, you know it could happen)? We're still dealing with a "where to draw the line" situation, when there's already a line in place. A big, bold, thick line. And to go even further, hypothetically, what prevents an owner replacing an injured player, let's say a WR this year, with a guy like Dez who just happens to sign in a great spot after the draft, or anyone else who vastly improved their stock between the end of the draft, and when the window is open? Is it fair to anyone who didn't have an injured player that they don't get a crack at said player? If there are multiple owners in this situation, how do we fairly decide who gets first pick? It just opens up a can of worms that honestly doesn't need to be opened up.

And just to clarify, this has nothing to do with Monkey, I love me some monkey, I'd feel the same if it was Foot, T, Joe, Bar, or myself, or anyone else. I know it sucks, but that's the deal we're in.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the discussion means nothing at this point - Monkey has basically said he'll just live with it rather than create needless drama. ....