• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Suicide League Preview

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with both Femurov and EHB thinking of backing out, we would have two openings.

the only negative thing I have seen from @jwolt92 is he mentioned dynasty earlier in the thread and might not realize what the suicide format is.
Suicide is a draft with no roster changes.

I have no problem with that since it's still a league with people I actually converse with (at least on here)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with that since it's still a league with people I actually converse with (at least on here)
If you are looking for a dynasty league, you should check out Creepcreep's down below. I think he is still looking for 1 more guy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are looking for a dynasty league, you should check out Creepcreep's down below. I think he is still looking for 1 more guy.
i cant do another dynasty big commitment, i know ur not talking to me

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for jwolt92 it is always a great way to grab the attention of the MBBRL if and when a door opens

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I'm usually not the idea guy but with Hunter Henry's season ending injury a couple of the guise on the draft thread came up with the idea of letting Monkey drop Henry and grab another TE. Fuzzy came up with letting him grab a guy at the end of the draft which I agree with and have no problem. To me the issue would be where do we draw the line? I propose this new and ingenious way to fix this: What if we held another draft a couple days before the preseason starts? Would have to finish before the games regardless. Would have to be for players that are out fer the year. Suspensions, cuts, retirements would not count and would be deemed tough shit. I know we haven't messed much with this league but this is a rule I could live with to make sure everybody starts at least the preseason with a full roster. If they get cut, suspended or retire, well, in most cases you can see a lot of that coming anyway. Would prolly have to be across both leagues but I'll ask yoose guise first.

@averagejoe @leftypower @TREFF @Bandit @tlance @TKOSpikes @Yellow Fuzzies @The Foot @SmokingMonkey @Ram Tough @Barilko

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I'm usually not the idea guy but with Hunter Henry's season ending injury a couple of the guise on the draft thread came up with the idea of letting Monkey drop Henry and grab another TE. Fuzzy came up with letting him grab a guy at the end of the draft which I agree with and have no problem. To me the issue would be where do we draw the line? I propose this new and ingenious way to fix this: What if we held another draft a couple days before the preseason starts? Would have to finish before the games regardless. Would have to be for players that are out fer the year. Suspensions, cuts, retirements would not count and would be deemed tough shit. I know we haven't messed much with this league but this is a rule I could live with to make sure everybody starts at least the preseason with a full roster. If they get cut, suspended or retire, well, in most cases you can see a lot of that coming anyway. Would prolly have to be across both leagues but I'll ask yoose guise first.

@averagejoe @leftypower @TREFF @Bandit @tlance @TKOSpikes @Yellow Fuzzies @The Foot @SmokingMonkey @Ram Tough @Barilko
It’s suicide u drafted them u own them
Imho

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Imho

Unfortunately, I pretty much agree with SP. that's the point of the suicide leagues. Whether it happened yesterday, or the day after the draft wraps up..is what it is. Sucks, but...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imho

I hate when we sacrifice fun for antiquated rules... Pretty sure the most of us care more about the early draft than the suicide aspect... But that is just my opinion... I am all for Monkey being able to substitute his pick...

The question is how can we amend the rules to allow it for the future... we don't want to set precedent for something else that we don't want...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fully agree that i should just pivot the rest of my draft to account for the injury, no specialized rules/picks awarded - especially since this is the exact thing this format exposes your team to, losing a player.

Like others have said - at least I can replace that guy later in this draft, if someone goes down in july, you're just screwed.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when we sacrifice fun for antiquated rules... Pretty sure the most of us care more about the early draft than the suicide aspect... But that is just my opinion... I am all for Monkey being able to substitute his pick...

The question is how can we amend the rules to allow it for the future... we don't want to set precedent for something else that we don't want...
I'm not sure what fun is being sacrificed? Nor what rules are antiquated. But what I hate is having discussions about needing rule changes every time a perceived inconvenience happens. Rules are rules, every now and then a shitty situation comes up, but as mentioned, where do we draw the line? If Henry got hurt the day after the draft is over, do we allow that change? Its part of the makeup of the league, and the rare exceptions do suck, but its zero different then a guy getting hurt two weeks from now, or preseason, or week 1.

Just don't understand why something being done just for kicks has to get so damned complicated

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules are rules, every now and then a shitty situation comes up, but as mentioned, where do we draw the line? If Henry got hurt the day after the draft is over, do we allow that change?

And that is what led me to come up with what I proposed. If we let Monkey grab a TE at the end of the draft I'm OK with that............until it comes up again next year and fer some reason we don't do the same thing fer that guy. T said he lost Crabby in OTA's one year (of course I can't remember that) and had to eat it. I think we have all lost guise before the season started (I think I had a K retire or get cut) but if we do it this year (which I am not against) then we should set something up fer the future.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I can see both sides of this discussion. I think the difference is it happened during the draft vs afterwards. that may have occurred in the past, I really don't know - and I don't know the exact rules that established Suicide - other than Foot made his normal CBS brags, and the rest of us called him on it. Wish I had the old CBS stuff but don't.
But I'm in favor of allowing a pick at the end of the draft - there is certainly no 'reward' in that (unless you strike it very, very lucky). After the 'draft' all rosters lock as they always have. ...seems simple enough.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not care one way or the other in this case, but I think that if it is allowed for Monkey to pick another TE at the end of the draft, a rule needs to be set that injuries have to happen during the draft for there to be any change.

In other words once the draft is done your team is set and you are SOL on any issue that comes up.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is what led me to come up with what I proposed. If we let Monkey grab a TE at the end of the draft I'm OK with that............until it comes up again next year and fer some reason we don't do the same thing fer that guy. T said he lost Crabby in OTA's one year (of course I can't remember that) and had to eat it. I think we have all lost guise before the season started (I think I had a K retire or get cut) but if we do it this year (which I am not against) then we should set something up fer the future.

I don't think he should be restricted to a TE - - he has several more draft picks he can make to get another. .... but quite frankly I don't really care one way or the other.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he should be restricted to a TE - - he has several more draft picks he can make to get another. .... but quite frankly I don't really care one way or the other.
Personally I think it should have to be a TE to replace Henry.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it should be his call if he drafts another tight end
Eh, on that I have to disagree...............but I can see yer side as far as drafting another TE now will give you a better TE than waiting until the end but the fact that we are even talking about this at all is a miracle IMO. Funny thing is the one guy who is cool with the way things are is Monkey.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see 2 sides as well

but gang its suicide

i know im taking pride in always playing to the best of my ability

however if i lose so what it means squat even though i tried my best i just blame it on the fact its suicide and as you know suicide is painless as my M.A.S.H. boys have told me

so it hurts but only for so long

i played with out a kicker all year as we all have it happens

its no biggie

now if Henry got hurt while we drafted MBBRL i would then be more apt to compensate

and even now good ol Smoke already has stated no worries boys...

Its Suicide.....