• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Suicide League Preview

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem bowing out of this if you have people that want in. I will also take a team if you have an uneven amount of owners and you need one more. I think this best ball league is going to replace the Suicide league for me.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem bowing out of this if you have people that want in. I will also take a team if you have an uneven amount of owners and you need one more. I think this best ball league is going to replace the Suicide league for me.
Appreciate your position. Thanks.
It sounds like ehb may be less committed than you.
So we may need you if ehb is replaced with chef.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate your position. Thanks.
It sounds like ehb may be less committed than you.
So we may need you if ehb is replaced with chef.
No problem. Just let me know.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so when's the draft?

200.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys.

I am in for sure.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so when's the draft?
That's up to the slow pokes in D1. They're still not done with their rookie draft. And someone mentioned they wanted a week to prepare for suicide after D1.

Plus we may have ownership issues in "B".
Ehb sounds like he wants out

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's up to the slow pokes in D1. They're still not done with their rookie draft. And someone mentioned they wanted a week to prepare for suicide after D1.
Plus we may have ownership issues in "B".
Ehb sounds like he wants out

Think we have a replacement already if he does opt out. ....

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we need people I would nominate @jwolt92. He saves us in the baseball league last year by taking over a dead team on the premise that he gets a spot in baseball this year. In the few baseball leagues I am in with him he is like the rest of us that he always has the best the team he can out there.

Appreciate the vote of confidence. My dynasty league with guys from college fell apart after 5 years this year so I'm definitely on the look for something with some people that I am at least familiar with and my profession doesn't put me around a ton of people that play fantasy sports

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the vote of confidence. My dynasty league with guys from college fell apart after 5 years this year so I'm definitely on the look for something with some people that I am at least familiar with and my profession doesn't put me around a ton of people that play fantasy sports

Well judging by the three teams you have under your profile, you certainly bring diversity to the table. How is that you are a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, Florida State Seminoles and North Dakota State Bison? (not gonna lie, had to Google that one to double check the mascot, but I was correct) Now keep in mind this is coming from a guy that's a Florida State graduate but who's two favorite teams are Miami and Clemson. LOL.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well judging by the three teams you have under your profile, you certainly bring diversity to the table. How is that you are a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, Florida State Seminoles and North Dakota State Bison? (not gonna lie, had to Google that one to double check the mascot, but I was correct) Now keep in mind this is coming from a guy that's a Florida State graduate but who's two favorite teams are Miami and Clemson. LOL.
I am a Gators and Packers fan. My teams are spread way out so I never give people crap about it. With that said, I havent had much interaction with @jwolt92 but he, sorry im assuming, seems on the up and up and I am good

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with adding jwolt but what about our buddy, Chef?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, since Suicide 'A' is filled, I think that decision is up to the guys in 'B'. It's not really an overall MBBRL decision, although opinions are always welcome. ...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Benefits of ass end Canada. No options for St. Francis Xavier (St.FX X-men), St. Mary's Huskies (our SMU), Acadia Axemen. Heck, I don't even have a dog in the CFL fight! It's all about the players for me.
Every last player on the 1990 Bills (coincidence that they "own the rights" to Canadians. Cam Neely and the Bruins (who are just as close to me as Montreal). The Reds were more forced, as I grew up an Expos fan as a kid (Tim Raines, Gary Carter!), fell in love with Roberto Alomar, so the Jays had my attention, but can't really explain the Reds. Barry Larkin pulled me in. Rob Dibble brought excitement, and Raymond Babbit wore a Reds T-shirt in Rain Man. As I looked into their history, I found my team. Even though they have stunk ever since. Soft spot for Jays is still there though.

My highschool teams were the Spartans, so Michigan St. had my attention in NCAA...Cousins and Bell especially, but I don't seek them out every week anymore.

Wow, that's a lot... who cares, comes to mind.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol I grew up reasonably close to St. Louis so that's how that came to be. Had season tickets to FSU football growing up (14 hour drive on Friday and Sunday to catch games) and was recruited by NDSU to play baseball but never ended up going there and have enjoyed watching them kick the crap out of FCS teams ever since!

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with both Femurov and EHB thinking of backing out, we would have two openings.

the only negative thing I have seen from @jwolt92 is he mentioned dynasty earlier in the thread and might not realize what the suicide format is.
Suicide is a draft with no roster changes.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My story is boring compared to you guys.
Born in Chicago.
Raised in the suburbs.
Grew up amidst the focus on Butkus, Sweetness, Ernie, Mikita, Hull, Espisito, and Jordan.
The apple didn't fall far from that tree.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF - since 'A' is confirmed and we both have LM powers, if you want I can go ahead and do the randomized draft order and set up the schedule (correctly vs ESPN dumb crap). You can take care of determining a draft date and getting that set up. ... I'm offering since I'm retired and have the time to painfully do the schedule thing. I'll start a new thread for the draft and list the randomized draft order. .... sound like a plan ??

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF - since 'A' is confirmed and we both have LM powers, if you want I can go ahead and do the randomized draft order and set up the schedule (correctly vs ESPN dumb crap). You can take care of determining a draft date and getting that set up. ... I'm offering since I'm retired and have the time to painfully do the schedule thing. I'll start a new thread for the draft and list the randomized draft order. .... sound like a plan ??
by all means my friend. Please, go for it