• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 San Jose Sharks Season Thread

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Real quite this series Terry Rode, still think Jones wasn’t the problem?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Martin Jones was less sucky then normal, showed flashes of “Playoff Jones” sharks don’t need him to be great they need him to be average with moments of greatness

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta love it Hertl says we are coming home for Game 7 and scores the double OT winner he is now Mark Messier Status! Also gotta give credit where it’s due, sharks don’t win this game without “playoff jones” 58 saves stud performance

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Felicia...I mean Patrick Marleau. Marleau Sharks playoff mojo in full steam for Toronto tonight.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a few years since I have been over here on a Sharks thread. Been hanging on the international soccer boards.

Game 6 was a classic Sharks playoff game. On the road, on your last lifeline, and get outshot by 30. Anyone remember a long OT with Dallas some years ago? Sharks limping around doing nothing except Nabby making save after save (including that point blank Tkachuk (?)) until the inevitable loss. Game 6 same game, but this time got the win...on a shot that Fleury should have saved. I have 15-1 futures bet on them this year in Reno. Made the bet before Karlsson trade lol. Only time I have done a futures bet on them.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas fans:

now you know the pain us Sharks fans have felt all these years. You'll get used to it after a number of years and it won't feel so bad.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vegas fans:

now you know the pain us Sharks fans have felt all these years. You'll get used to it after a number of years and it won't feel so bad.
Most entitled fans I’ve ever seen, boo fucking hoo missed calls on both sides call on Coots in game 2 and probably changed the series early on and the one against Goodrow in OT was atrocious. That series balanced out the way it should have

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Been a few years since I have been over here on a Sharks thread. Been hanging on the international soccer boards.

Game 6 was a classic Sharks playoff game. On the road, on your last lifeline, and get outshot by 30. Anyone remember a long OT with Dallas some years ago? Sharks limping around doing nothing except Nabby making save after save (including that point blank Tkachuk (?)) until the inevitable loss. Game 6 same game, but this time got the win...on a shot that Fleury should have saved. I have 15-1 futures bet on them this year in Reno. Made the bet before Karlsson trade lol. Only time I have done a futures bet on them.
Brad Richards backhand that Nabby robbed him on yeah that was sick. This was similar to the flames Game when Flaherty has 500000 saves and I think sugar Ray Whitney scored a stinker on Trevor Kidd

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Richards backhand that Nabby robbed him on yeah that was sick. This was similar to the flames Game when Flaherty has 500000 saves and I think sugar Ray Whitney scored a stinker on Trevor Kidd

Oh Brad Richards, correct. That save by Nabby was unreal. You remember that game though. I stayed up late for nothing then. I think there was a long OT with Edmonton too the Sharks lost.

It was Ray Whitney and it was a stinker. Kidd never got down and tried to kick it. Weird. And Flaherty had around 500000 saves. That was a classic 7th game for the Sharks.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most entitled fans I’ve ever seen, boo fucking hoo missed calls on both sides call on Coots in game 2 and probably changed the series early on and the one against Goodrow in OT was atrocious. That series balanced out the way it should have

True. Game 2 Sharks got robbed and there was no whining at all.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blaming a 41 year old when you have Tavares, Matthews and Marner is a little misplaced

I am not blaming Marleau....just having a bit a fun with him. Tavares though....hmmm...Islanders better without him. Maybe it is Barry Trotz. By the way, is Mike Babcock overrated? He has been given oodles of talent over the years and pretty much stumbled in the playoffs except for that one season. Also, if the Sharks lost last night, would that have been the end of DeBoer?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not blaming Marleau....just having a bit a fun with him. Tavares though....hmmm...Islanders better without him. Maybe it is Barry Trotz. By the way, is Mike Babcock overrated? He has been given oodles of talent over the years and pretty much stumbled in the playoffs except for that one season. Also, if the Sharks lost last night, would that have been the end of DeBoer?
I dont think Babcock is overrated i think he has problems with his bottom 6 forwards and his bottom 3 D men, im kind of torn on putting some blame on Anderson, when hes getting hung out to dry but he also has the habit of giving up a leaky goal from time to time. ITs been a problem in Toronto for decades were its like the fans or in control of trades and building the team, they never trade for what they need just for what they want.

I think there's probably also some issues in the top 6 where all their forwards are kind of the same, no real diversity in skill set. They don't have any heavy fast skilled players who can play both sides of the puck. Kadri kind of sort of but hes more like a poor mans Lucic and this point stupid penalties and doesnt provide enough offense or defense to offset that. If that had a Mier or a Hertl in the top 6 theyd be scary. Look at Boston's line up very similar to the sharks.

I think Tavares might of been part of the problem in New York, Trotz no doubt is a world class coach, look what he did with those pred's teams all those years with minimal high end talent. His system works well with the Islander line up. There has to be something to it when you look at the Isle's without JT and the Leafs with JT with arguably more talent.

I dont think it wouldve been the end of Deboer he cant play in net, I think Jones likely wouldve been a buy out candidate or (not sure if its next year) exposed to the expansion draft for seattle. Youve really got to look at Deboers overall body of work especially with players like Hertl, Mier, and the Dmen that have come up. The young players developing under Deboer has nothing short of stellar.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones does it again. Stellar performance by our defense and our goalie. Another game 7 win and we're onto our 2nd Western Conference Finals in the last 4 years!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jones does it again. Stellar performance by our defense and our goalie. Another game 7 win and we're onto our 2nd Western Conference Finals in the last 4 years!
He was actually solid the whole series this time last 2 minutes of game 7 against the Avs was his best work though early on in that period he had a lot of pucks go through him and he was fighting soMe shots he pulled it together when it mattered.

Like I said early as long as he’s just average with a few great moments I’ve got no complaints. Hopefully he keeps it up

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game last night. Classic Sharks playoff game in the 3rd. Play not to lose and almost did. Game 6 and Game 7 vs Vegas and last night and got away with it again. I agree Jones was good last night and for the bulk of the series. Should have won this series easier if Pavs there the whole series, and there was more out Kane and Meier. Hertl, Couture, Burns carried the offense.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evander Kane sucks! Did they really sign him to a long term deal? Karlsson not worth the money either.