• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 San Jose Sharks Season Thread

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This hot and cold team needs to get on a run here before the end of the year. We haven't won more than 2 straight since October and we have 9 games before the end of the year. If we can we at least 6-7 of these, we are probably gonna be in good shape to be decently places by the All-Star break.
I’d rather see them go on a run around March through June

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather see them go on a run around March through June
I don't want to be on the edge of my seat for that long hoping we get a wild card spot.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like the team is finally starting to gel. Karlsson is looking as advertised. 4th line has been sensational, and Thornton is making Sorensen a star in the 3rd line. Jones still sucks that shut out was more team oriented then him, a lot of pucks hit him more then him making savex

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Vegas has figured it out right now. 4 straight wins and we are 1 point behind them in the division. But, we are 6 points ahead of Anaheim so as least we have SOME breathing room. Just been a frustrating year.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just need to be hot and stay hot through the entire playoffs. Trading for Lundqvist wouldn’t hurt either

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jones has really tightened up his game, movement looks great not sloppy at all

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated this year. Talk about the right time to get on a hot streak. If only Calgary could just lose one while we keep winning. 2nd most points in the league. Really happy with how the team is playing currently. Let's hope they can keep it up!

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erik Karlsson won't play until after the All-Star Break due to an undisclosed injury.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks need to trade for a goalie this year like right now. I don’t think Jones has “lost it” but he’s just having a down year. I’d love to see Dwill go after Lundqvist. Maybe a package deal of Jones, LaBanc, and Braun for Lundy, Krieder and a 2nd rnder

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks need to trade for a goalie this year like right now. I don’t think Jones has “lost it” but he’s just having a down year. I’d love to see Dwill go after Lundqvist. Maybe a package deal of Jones, LaBanc, and Braun for Lundy, Krieder and a 2nd rnder

As much as Dell seems to be better than Jones, Jones has a better sv%(.895 vs. .891), better QS% (.395 vs. .286). I see lots of Sharks fans call for Jones to be gone but they never have a good answer to the big deciding questions.

Who can we get? What would we have to give up in addition to Jones to get a better goalie? If we can't get anyone, is Dell really the answer?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much as Dell seems to be better than Jones, Jones has a better sv%(.895 vs. .891), better QS% (.395 vs. .286). I see lots of Sharks fans call for Jones to be gone but they never have a good answer to the big deciding questions.

Who can we get? What would we have to give up in addition to Jones to get a better goalie? If we can't get anyone, is Dell really the answer?
Did you not read my post? Lundqvist! Better goalie who can steal games and his a proven playoff track record. He’s on a terrible defensive team and still putting up good numbers. Jones can be sold to them as the goalie for now and the future entering his prime. Sharks are in the same position the AV’s were they need a goalie and a 2/3rd line winger who can score a little

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you not read my post? Lundqvist! Better goalie who can steal games and his a proven playoff track record. He’s on a terrible defensive team and still putting up good numbers. Jones can be sold to them as the goalie for now and the future entering his prime. Sharks are in the same position the AV’s were they need a goalie and a 2/3rd line winger who can score a little

Well I did read it but I said most Sharks fans don't have an GOOD ENOUGH answer to the question. Is a guy who is probably 1-2 years away from retiring and who has a .013 higher SV% than what Jones has worth what we would have to give up? Also, why would New York give him up? Are they confident in Georgiev to take over the reigns?

Also,
Jones is 2nd in the league in wins, Lundy is tied for 16th.
Jones has a 2.98 GAA, Lundy has a 3.01.
Lundy has almost double the # of losses in OT as Jones does.

I'm not trying to be difficult but I just don't see any good reason or good enough replacement for Jones to give him up and I am DEFINITELY not sold on going for Lundqvist. I don't think the answer is giving up multiple pieces we don't need to give up just to replace our current goalie with a goalie who is much older, nearing retirement and statistically not as good as the goalie we have right now and in most categories, WORSE than what we have now.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I did read it but I said most Sharks fans don't have an GOOD ENOUGH answer to the question. Is a guy who is probably 1-2 years away from retiring and who has a .013 higher SV% than what Jones has worth what we would have to give up? Also, why would New York give him up? Are they confident in Georgiev to take over the reigns?

Also,

I'm not trying to be difficult but I just don't see any good reason or good enough replacement for Jones to give him up and I am DEFINITELY not sold on going for Lundqvist. I don't think the answer is giving up multiple pieces we don't need to give up just to replace our current goalie with a goalie who is much older, nearing retirement and statistically not as good as the goalie we have right now and in most categories, WORSE than what we have now.
Are you saying the rangers are a better team then the sharks? Because it’s kind of implied at this point. Henrik is a big game goaltender, and it’s about winning the Stanley Cup now not 2 years from now. Current situation is the goaltending isnt good enough Lundy is a big improvement over Jones and he won’t lose you games like Jones and Dell are doing for the sharks right now. Jones is only statistically better due to the team in front of him, sharks would likely have 3-5 more wins with Lundy inbetween the pipes.

Jones to date has had maybe 3-4 good to great games so far this season with the others being mediocre to below average at best.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Also,

Chris Krieder fills a huge need plus he fits the mold of big fast physical forward the sharks are built with, LaBanc and Braun aren’t that critical to the team now. Though I like Simmonds in philly as well

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying the rangers are a better team then the sharks? Because it’s kind of implied at this point. Henrik is a big game goaltender, and it’s about winning the Stanley Cup now not 2 years from now. Current situation is the goaltending isnt good enough Lundy is a big improvement over Jones and he won’t lose you games like Jones and Dell are doing for the sharks right now. Jones is only statistically better due to the team in front of him, sharks would likely have 3-5 more wins with Lundy inbetween the pipes.

Jones to date has had maybe 3-4 good to great games so far this season with the others being mediocre to below average at best.

Maybe the Rangers are a better team than the Sharks over the last 10 years but not this year. How is Lundy a big improvement over Jones? Statistically, it's a downgrade. Yeah, he's got playoff experience but if his regular season stats aren't as good as what we have now, why would we try to reach for that? I'm in the thought process that we only trade for a goalie if he's a significant improvement than Jones and Lundy is not that guy. There are no stats to back the statement that we'd have more wins with Lundy as our goalie. No stat shows that whatsoever because Jones beats him in practically every category.

Also, we have to look towards the future while trying to win now. Lundy is 36 years old. He's, at most, got 2 years left in him. Where does trading for him now leave us in 2-3 years? Gotta be smart if we are reaching for an aging goalie with a slight possibility at an improvement. Jones as 14 QS while Lundy has 17.

If you watched the ASG skills sharks need Lundy

I take the whole skills thing with a grain of salt because how often can any goalie do that in a game? This is a shootout drill at best. Doesn't really say anything about game time situations. Great accomplishment but it says nothing to what a goalie can do in a regular game.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 8.42.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 8.42.03 AM.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 1