• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Regular Season Thread

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercifully, this season is finally over!

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so long buck . maybe we will get a lot of good coaches without being tied to the vets . if we going young I think buck britton would make a good hitting coach .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise there. I think he knew his days were numbered weeks ago. I just hope that Dumpster Dan can be shown the door as well.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise there. I think he knew his days were numbered weeks ago. I just hope that Dumpster Dan can be shown the door as well.

DUMPSTER DAN IS IN THE DUMPSTER . brady is coming up I bet to gm vp or what ever they call it .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUMPSTER DAN IS IN THE DUMPSTER . brady is coming up I bet to gm vp or what ever they call it .
Orioles "Expected" To Move On From Dan Duquette

7:10pm: The Orioles have announced that neither Duquette nor Showalter will be retained for the 2019 season. Director of player development Brian Graham will oversee baseball operations while the team conducts a search for an outside hire. He’s been with the team since 2007 and previously served as an interim GM for the Pirates as well.

“The club will hire an executive from outside of the organization to lead the Baseball Operations department,” the Orioles said in tonight’s press release. “Once in place, this individual will have the final determination on all baseball matters that he or she believes will make the Orioles successful on the field, entertaining to fans, and impactful in the community.”

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M THINKING A GUY FROM A'S OR STROS . could mean eating a huge contract ?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M THINKING A GUY FROM A'S OR STROS . could mean eating a huge contract ?
This is a "believe it when I see it move." I'd like for it to be someone that has been a part of a rebuild and knows how to improve the minor league systems. Also, someone fairly new as I think the whole organization needs a massive turnover.
I would be extremely shocked but very happy if the "huge contract" was somehow taken off the organizations books. That way, we could move Mancini to 1B and just have Trumbo be the permanent DH which would give someone else a shot in LF.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a "believe it when I see it me." I'd like for it to be someone that has been a part of a rebuild and knows how to improve the minorleague systems. Also, someone fairly new as I think the whole organization needs a massive turnover.
I would be extremely shocked but very happy if the "huge contract" was somehow taken off the organizations books. That way, we could move Mancini to 1B and just have Trumbo be the pevrTmanent DH which would give someone else a shot in LF.

I think a true rebuild has steward lf mullins in cf and hays in rf from the start with boom boom at fist villar at sd hort and mountcastle at 3rd if a good spring if not nunez maybe at 2nd or maybe mountcastle at seconnd . will be good to see fresh eyes and not be holding to no one . gotta remember I didn't give that contract but no need to tie the new guy with dead money . soi long to guys that they was trying out in aug and sept . becham good bye