• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Preseason Polls

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question is the QB. Anyone ranking them even near the top 10 is assuming Patterson will be eligible to play.

Without Patterson, who knows what our offense looks like? We could easily have the same inept offense again and even being in the top 25 could be a stretch with our schedule.
Opening up at Notre Dame with or without Patterson will be a tall task because it will be the first time that offense will be seeing a live defense and Patterson does not the right fit for the type of offense that Harbaugh has been running in Ann Arbor. At NW (not an easy place to play, at least for MSU), at MSU, and at OSU to close out the season is rough. Overall tougher draw in the cross division games of Northwestern, Wisconsin (three years in a row, WTF), and Nebraska. Michigan could be a better team with a similar record next year.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? When was the last year that this wasn't the case for OSU? We're constantly replacing beasts on both sides of the ball, and we constantly just churn out more beasts.
You mean like Prince last year? I agree, that was beastly.

Like the linebackers this year? For most of the year, it was a clown show.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening up at Notre Dame with or without Patterson will be a tall task because it will be the first time that offense will be seeing a live defense and Patterson does not the right fit for the type of offense that Harbaugh has been running in Ann Arbor. At NW (not an easy place to play, at least for MSU), at MSU, and at OSU to close out the season is rough. Overall tougher draw in the cross division games of Northwestern, Wisconsin (three years in a row, WTF), and Nebraska. Michigan could be a better team with a similar record next year.

No doubt UM has a much tougher schedule, but they also return the majority of the team. Winovich coming back is huge for the defense. The offense doesn’t need to be top 25 — if we can get into the top 50-60 on offense and we’d be exponentially better.

It will all come down to the QB play though. If they get mediocre QB play, they will continue to underachieve.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So how do those coaches and sports writers choose who's ranked where?
you seriously don't understand the difference between an article written by 1 guy and his opinion of where he would vote things vs actually taking a poll and asking numerous people.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like Prince last year? I agree, that was beastly.

Like the linebackers this year? For most of the year, it was a clown show.
I'm actually ecstatic about our LBs for next year. Borland is the real deal, Harrison looks like the next stud OLB, and Baron Browning is just coming into his own. The vets said during bowl practice, he was wrecking shit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually ecstatic about our LBs for next year. Borland is the real deal, Harrison looks like the next stud OLB, and Baron Browning is just coming into his own. The vets said during bowl practice, he was wrecking shit.

Does Tate Martell get the QB spot this season? Whos the front runner?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Tate Martell get the QB spot this season? Whos the front runner?
I think he'll definitely play, but it's Haskins team IMO. He's the real deal and will be our best passer in a long time.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just guess.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. Michigan
7. Miami
8. USC
9. Penn State
10. Notre Dame

Yep, that should satisfy all of the media's favorites.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just guess.

1. Alabama
2. Georgia
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. Michigan
7. Miami
8. USC
9. Penn State
10. Notre Dame

Yep, that should satisfy all of the media's favorites.

And let me follow up this post with how things will really turn out with the media darlings top 10.

1. Alabama - Could lose 2 games and still make the playoffs. Credit this to the "eye test"
2. Georgia - Will lose 2 games and their great 2017 season will be a great memory
3. Clemson - Will lose a game, still make the playoffs and media will talk about how great Dabo is
4. Oklahoma - Chokelahoma, probably a loss to Texas Tech, make the playoffs and get blown out
5. Ohio State - Will lose 2 games, make an argument for the CFP, but finish the season 5th.
6. Michigan - 8-4
7. Miami - Will be the hot team all year until finally being out of CFP contention in November
8. USC - OVERRATED yet again. Will do nothing of importance in 2018.
9. Penn State - Their momentum from 2017 will wear off by mid 2018.
10. Notre Dame - They'll stay in the top 10 all year, but never actually a threat to make the CFP.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let me follow up this post with how things will really turn out with the media darlings top 10.

1. Alabama - Could lose 2 games and still make the playoffs. Credit this to the "eye test"
2. Georgia - Will lose 2 games and their great 2017 season will be a great memory
3. Clemson - Will lose a game, still make the playoffs and media will talk about how great Dabo is
4. Oklahoma - Chokelahoma, probably a loss to Texas Tech, make the playoffs and get blown out
5. Ohio State - Will lose 2 games, make an argument for the CFP, but finish the season 5th.
6. Michigan - 8-4
7. Miami - Will be the hot team all year until finally being out of CFP contention in November
8. USC - OVERRATED yet again. Will do nothing of importance in 2018.
9. Penn State - Their momentum from 2017 will wear off by mid 2018.
10. Notre Dame - They'll stay in the top 10 all year, but never actually a threat to make the CFP.

Let me guess. Oregon will have a new uniform or two or three.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess. Oregon will have a new uniform or two or three.
Yeah. How many times are the Trojans going to switch it up and where their glass looking helmets with the chrome facemasks?

Every team has an alternate now. Your joke is lame.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. How many times are the Trojans going to switch it up and where their glass looking helmets with the chrome facemasks?

Every team has an alternate now. Your joke is lame.

Could you tell it was USC even with the chrome facemask? I bet you could.
Lame is being known for costume changes.