• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Preseason Polls

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously way too early, but I'd have Clemson as my preseason number 1. They made the playoffs in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. They're returning a ton of starters next season too.

ATM, my preseason top 5 would probably be:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Wisconsin

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is replacing their record-setting QB, All American Center and All B1G left tackle on offense and 2 first round talents on defense.

I wish I could be as optimistic as some of these pollsters.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is replacing their record-setting QB, All American Center and All B1G left tackle on offense and 2 first round talents on defense.

And all replaced by 5 & 4* recruits.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The two most important positions on the field!!!

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of young talent behind those guys that have been eagerly waiting their chance. I'm most worried about the center position and defensive line depth. Dremont deciding to come back was huge. We have been so solid at center for years now with Boren, Elflein, the Price that it feels weird not having someone to slide right in and know they will be good.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? When was the last year that this wasn't the case for OSU? We're constantly replacing beasts on both sides of the ball, and we constantly just churn out more beasts.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, looks like everyone but Michigan has one of these to post. :noidea:
Taunting michigan fans with a recent win over Ohio State is like taunting a homeless person with a high end T-bone steak. Just cold-blooded, man.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan #5????

No chance Michigan should be 5. If Patterson is eligible — I can see them top 10. If he isn’t eligible, they can be anywhere from 15 to unranked.

The main reason they will be ranked — their defense. They return everyone, but Mo Hurst, which is a big loss, but Solomon will take over his role at DT.

Offense will be filled with questions though. That will determine what type of success UM has next year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance Michigan should be 5. If Patterson is eligible — I can see them top 10. If he isn’t eligible, they can be anywhere from 15 to unranked.

The main reason they will be ranked — their defense. They return everyone, but Mo Hurst, which is a big loss, but Solomon will take over his role at DT.

Offense will be filled with questions though. That will determine what type of success UM has next year.
I agree with the 15 to unranked. There is just way too many questions at this point to give them a top 5 ranking. They are also way too high on Michigan State. Horrible offense paired with a mediocre at best defense is not a great recipe.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Patterson is eligible and they get Tarik Black back, there's no reason they shouldn't be a top 5 team with their talent level. Don't forget - Patterson was the 4th rated player overall in 2016, 3 spots behind Gary. If they quit wasting time with Chris Evans and realize Higdon is their bellcow, there's no reason they shouldn't be right around the top 5 all year with Patterson. If he's eligible and you guys still manage to go 9-3 or 8-4, Harbaugh needs to go. That's just pathetic.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? So how do those coaches and sports writers choose who's ranked where?
Those polls are a collection of voters as opposed to one single voter is his point.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the 15 to unranked. There is just way too many questions at this point to give them a top 5 ranking. They are also way too high on Michigan State. Horrible offense paired with a mediocre at best defense is not a great recipe.

The biggest question is the QB. Anyone ranking them even near the top 10 is assuming Patterson will be eligible to play.

Without Patterson, who knows what our offense looks like? We could easily have the same inept offense again and even being in the top 25 could be a stretch with our schedule.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question is the QB. Anyone ranking them even near the top 10 is assuming Patterson will be eligible to play.

Without Patterson, who knows what our offense looks like? We could easily have the same inept offense again and even being in the top 25 could be a stretch with our schedule.
Could it possibly be that Michigan's QB's coach is part of the problem?