• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Offseason Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovy to the Kings, 3 years, $6.25 per. Would not have wanted him for that contract. Hoping he completely flames out.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don’t mind the goalie pick at all there. Esp when the rangers took one who wasn’t ranked super high in the second round. All in all I thought it was a fine draft. Got the d help and another goalie two areas we need.

Really disappointed it looks like a trade will be needed to upgrade the current roster. Jt is only meeting with five teams? What a joke

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t mind the goalie pick at all there. Esp when the rangers took one who wasn’t ranked super high in the second round. All in all I thought it was a fine draft. Got the d help and another goalie two areas we need.

Really disappointed it looks like a trade will be needed to upgrade the current roster. Jt is only meeting with five teams? What a joke

I guess the silver lining to that would be that the 2019 free agent class is outrageous for defenseman. 6 or 7 guys that would instantly become top pairing guys.

With that said, if our off-season was JVR and trade for a guy like Justin Faulk I'd be happy with it. Those additions plus improvements from within would put us in a nice spot.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Kovy was going to the rangers? That is what all my ranger buddies and local news were telling me for weeks.
He wants a chance to win the cup especially after seeing Ovechkin win. I knew he would not sign in NY.

Next week should be good. July 1 falls on a Sunday which works well for me not having to work the same time.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Carlson stays in Washington. 8 million, 8 years. Its a lot but would be even more if he tested the market.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OEL stays in zona
JT probably staying on the island
carlson staying in dc

i even read that doughty is looking to stay in LA now. the salary cap is doing its just its keeping players on the same teams since all the contracts will be similar. really really really interested to see what shero does here because he can't go into this season with the same lineup. is JVR and dehan going to be enough? at some point you have to get hall some serious help

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Kovy was going to the rangers? That is what all my ranger buddies and local news were telling me for weeks.
He wants a chance to win the cup especially after seeing Ovechkin win. I knew he would not sign in NY.

Next week should be good. July 1 falls on a Sunday which works well for me not having to work the same time.

kovy without a doubt would've been a ranger this summer if they weren't going into a rebuilding phase. i'm kinda bummed though because it would've made the rivalry even more juicy. either way i'm really anxious to see if wood lays a big hit on kovy when he comes to prudential. you know the place will go bonkers if he does

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can't help but hope Devils are one of the teams. Besides JT, I don't know if this team should break the bank for any free agent this summer. I see trades if anything.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help but hope Devils are one of the teams. Besides JT, I don't know if this team should break the bank for any free agent this summer. I see trades if anything.

Trades seem to be the way to go. Maybe Van Riemsdyk will take a lesser contract to play close to home :noidea:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Duclair is a UFA after not receiving a QO from Chicago. He'll be 23 to start next season, might be worth a look. He was a highly regarded prospect not too long ago.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Forgot about that guy. He was a Ranger prospect and traded in part of that Yandle deal.
Yes there was some hype. Wonder what happened.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about that guy. He was a Ranger prospect and traded in part of that Yandle deal.
Yes there was some hype. Wonder what happened.

I'm thinking Arizona happened. Hopefully he's not damaged beyond repair as a result of his tenure there.