• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Offseason Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we make a deal at some point, possibly closer to the season as teams try to get their rosters in order. I also think they're relying on some internal help.

Healthy Palmieri and Mojo (tough to bank on him remaining healthy), promoting one or more of McLeod, Joey Anderson, Boqvist, Quenneville etc. Nico hopefully getting even better, same with Bratt.

I still desperately want to bring in more high end depth to compliment our talented guys and I think we will.

I think a real wildcard is Zacha. Really hope he figures out whatever he needs to mentally because if he can lock down that 2nd line it completely changes this lineup. When he's on he's noticeable, the 2nd half of last year he had significantly more strong games/shifts. Hopefully he can get that consistency and isn't healthy scratched for games at a time.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zacha next step, after clearing the hurdle in the mental game, is to become a scoring presence. He needs to feel like he can put the puck into the net... even if he's not scoring, if he's trying and becoming assertive in that way, opposing defenses have to respond to him.

I hope to see McLeod in, i want to see that speed at play.

but yea, we didn't do any upgrades, it concerns me more so with Hall than with the team itself.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
quiet offseason.....

has me nervous..... but maybe we'll see our youth come up? but definitely relying on the Zachas, Mojos, Pals, to pick it friggin up

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could wind up being a steal if he continues to improve.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake earned his spot and pay.

Hopefully others will too.

It's a lot to ask for from Nico, Bratt and soon to be 1st year guys to step it up from a scoring perspective....

Idk where the help is going to come from. Hence why I alluded to the others in my prior post about getting it done.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off my head, non defense:

Hall - Nico - Bratt
Mojo - Zacha - Pal
Coleman - Zajac - Noeson
Woods - Boyle - Anderson?

How are we crowded? lol

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
henrique resigned so we get the ducks 3rd rounder this year thats good.

i dig the blake and nose deals i think they are both great for what their roles are buuuuuuuut

i am definitely getting worried that shero isn't going to make a move and honestly without making a move this year will take a miracle to make the playoffs. so that leaves hall entering his walk year making the playoffs with us 1x out of 4 years and getting bounced in 5 games no less. not too attractive of a place imo

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
henrique resigned so we get the ducks 3rd rounder this year thats good.

i dig the blake and nose deals i think they are both great for what their roles are buuuuuuuut

i am definitely getting worried that shero isn't going to make a move and honestly without making a move this year will take a miracle to make the playoffs. so that leaves hall entering his walk year making the playoffs with us 1x out of 4 years and getting bounced in 5 games no less. not too attractive of a place imo
The lack of moves does frighten me. Moves to improve, something we need but perhaps this FA wasn't enough out there? Hearing next year's class is super (but as always, open for resigns).

We need to keep Hall.

i don't want to say in Shero we trust, he took a hit from me in the Grabner trade.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koolaid time. Obviously I would love an impact move but I also think we may have improved by staying put. Is it crazy to think our young guys take the next step? Nico had what 50ish points. Is it crazy to think he puts up 60+?

Is it possible McLeod/Quenneville/Anderson etc are better than Gibbons, Stafford and Hayes?

Let's see Mueller when he's not healthy scratched every other game. Let's see Butcher year 2.

Still plenty of off-season left. I'm sure once training camp starts up teams will be more willing to make moves. I'm sure Shero wanted to evaluate during prospect camp.

Couple other things to keep in mind, most rumored trade chips haven't been moved. Karlsson, Skinner, Faulk, now Trouba out of Winnipeg might want out. We also didn't trade for Vatanen until December. Just because we haven't made a move doesn't mean we've regressed or that our roster is set in stone.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off my head, non defense:

Hall - Nico - Bratt
Mojo - Zacha - Pal
Coleman - Zajac - Noeson
Woods - Boyle - Anderson?

How are we crowded? lol

The top line looks like a winner. If hockey only required one line, this team would be in good shape!

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koolaid time. Obviously I would love an impact move but I also think we may have improved by staying put. Is it crazy to think our young guys take the next step? Nico had what 50ish points. Is it crazy to think he puts up 60+?

Is it possible McLeod/Quenneville/Anderson etc are better than Gibbons, Stafford and Hayes?

Let's see Mueller when he's not healthy scratched every other game. Let's see Butcher year 2.

Still plenty of off-season left. I'm sure once training camp starts up teams will be more willing to make moves. I'm sure Shero wanted to evaluate during prospect camp.

Couple other things to keep in mind, most rumored trade chips haven't been moved. Karlsson, Skinner, Faulk, now Trouba out of Winnipeg might want out. We also didn't trade for Vatanen until December. Just because we haven't made a move doesn't mean we've regressed or that our roster is set in stone.

Good points.

But that Koolaid has too much water in it, LOL.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good feeling right now about our current opening lineup...

realistically...
Hall
Nico
Pal
Mojo
Zajac
Coleman
Noeson

aren't losing their spots... IMO.

That leaves...
Zacha
Woods
Bratt
Boyle
Open

Zacha, Bratt and Woods are expected to be their(with higher expectations).

Leaves Boyle and Open as two open spots...

How does Quennville, Anderson(probably), McLeod, Bastian and others make it?

after saying that, where's the legit 2nd scoring coming from?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up the AHL head coach makes me think we finally see these top prospects in the NHL.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santini extended for 3 years, total of $4.25. If he amounts to anything it's a pretty good deal. I'm surprised he was gicgi3 years, I was under the impression he did not fit with the game plan hence why he hasn't cracked the lineup yet.

It's make or break time for him. If he can't find his way onto our bottom pairing then he's not cut out for this league. 1 way contract.