• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Maui Invitational

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame Illinois sucks or this tournament could see 8 potential teams make the tournament.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame Illinois sucks or this tournament could see 8 potential teams make the tournament.

Illinois fans informed me last summer that Ayo and Mark Smith were going to be one of the best backcourts in the entire country.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chaminade out?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois fans informed me last summer that Ayo and Mark Smith were going to be one of the best backcourts in the entire country.

Didn't he transfer? Lmao.

I miss there being no Illinois fans on here. Some of the now deleted boards had some that were pretty hilarious.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he transfer? Lmao.

I miss there being no Illinois fans on here. Some of the now deleted boards had some that were pretty hilarious.

He did, and he had a disappointing freshman year. Smith, as a recruit, had a spring decision, so right before he picked Illinois he was starting to get offers from some major schools that had whiffed on their top targets. The Illinois fans didn't seem to understand the difference between the offer sheets between kids that made their decision in the summer/fall and those that make their decision in the spring. They thought these major offers (I believe one came from Michigan State) were a sign that Smith was being undervalued by the recruiting sites and that Smith was in reality a 5* type of guy. It was quite comical, tbh.

One thing I also noticed from the Illinois fans online, is that the Wake/Illinois ACC Big Ten challenge game from 2004 is their favorite game in the history of basketball. They would not shut up about it. Very weird, considering that game happened so long ago and it took place in late November.

Back to the point about late spring decisions, Shaun Kirk once got an offer from Kentucky right after he picked NC State a few springs ago. Kirk scored 46 points over three seasons for NC State.

last year was a miserable season for my favorite team, but my favorite moment of it was when Olivier Sarr stuffed the shit out of Mark Smith's weak drive to the basket during the closing moments of the Wake/Illinois game.