• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that Stanton grandslam wouldn't have left any other park.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven’t changed your tune on Boone all year. Yankees have had a great season, but I am always glad that Girardi isn’t in the other dugout.

Also, I haven’t seen much of Gleyber Torres, but I’ve seen him make about 20 mental errors or mistakes in the field during that time. Am I just catching him at the wrong times? Dude always looks like he just woke up from a nap.

He's got a habit of making the difficult plays look easy, and butchering the easy plays. Very similar to a former Yankee 2B now in Seattle.

He's so damn streaky at the plate. He'll have a week where you can't get him out, then be completely feeble the next week.

And yeah, I am completely over Boone and his on the job training. What are we, the freaking Marlins?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0.gif

He was doing that without champagne to at least half of them I'm sure

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andujar shares some of the blame there, no? He could/should have blocked that throw.
Hicks deserves all of the blame, the guy on second wasn't even attempting to go to third.....Stupid throw.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks deserves all of the blame, the guy on second wasn't even attempting to go to third.....Stupid throw.....

At least Sanchez blocked better behind the plate, so you have that going for you. Hicks seemed pretty geared up (as he should be) to throw home, realized he couldn't and threw to 3rd. Not a bad throw actually imo, just a bad bounce and it was blocked. Andujar looked like he was trying to catch it and slap a tag down

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ball bounces, hits Andujar in the chest and bounces in front of him, no one says boo about that throw. Andujar deflects and it goes in the stands its "Fuck you Hicks". Interesting.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ball bounces, hits Andujar in the chest and bounces in front of him, no one says boo about that throw. Andujar deflects and it goes in the stands its "Fuck you Hicks". Interesting.
If someone actually said that, it an was idiotic throw to a base where no one was trying to advance to.....Made his non hustle on the triple the other night look good.....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Sanchez blocked better behind the plate, so you have that going for you. Hicks seemed pretty geared up (as he should be) to throw home, realized he couldn't and threw to 3rd. Not a bad throw actually imo, just a bad bounce and it was blocked. Andujar looked like he was trying to catch it and slap a tag down

I'll take back the non-blocking catcher who mashes at the plate in a heartbeat. Might as well have Romine catching-he'll block and frame too, and at least he'll run into one every now and again.

The issue is that Hicks completely airmailed the cut-off man, and threw to the wrong base to boot. You know, things a well-coached team works on, both in spring training and throughout the course of the year.

This shit is fundamental in high school ball goddamit.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone actually said that, it an was idiotic throw to a base where no one was trying to advance to.....Made his non hustle on the triple the other night look good.....

Well, I'd agree if it appeared that Andujar wasn't expecting it and that's why it went into the stands. But it looked like he was, it bounced and he simply couldn't get the handle on it.

Blame:

Hicks 15%
Andujar 85%

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd agree if it appeared that Andujar wasn't expecting it and that's why it went into the stands. But it looked like he was, it bounced and he simply couldn't get the handle on it.

Blame:

Hicks 15%
Andujar 85%

Boone 100%

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blame:

Hicks 15%
Andujar 85%
It all started with a stupid throw....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take back the non-blocking catcher who mashes at the plate in a heartbeat. Might as well have Romine catching-he'll block and frame too, and at least he'll run into one every now and again.

The issue is that Hicks completely airmailed the cut-off man, and threw to the wrong base to boot. You know, things a well-coached team works on, both in spring training and throughout the course of the year.

Yup and it's not like it wasn't a rocket throw, took a high hop off his shoulder and bounced way into the stands.....Shitty play at best.....I guess from CF he had a bad angle of seeing the runner on second not moving.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He got booed a few games ago didn't he (Sanchez). But yeah, his fielding is atrcious.. Last night the way he turned only his glove and didnt get his body in front on Tanaka's pitches it was amazing nothing got by him!

If Andujar at least blocked it would you still be calling it a bad throw? I'm not trying to be a dick, simply asking. I still dont think it was that bad of a throw, just didn't work out for the Yankees fortunately

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone 100%

Let's say, God forbid, the Yankees get bounced in the play-in game. (I'm giggling just thinking about it).

Does Boone get fired? No way, right?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey G pissed me off plenty with his in-game decision making, but I never questioned whether or not his teams were ready to play fundamentally sound baseball. Anonymous Yankees would sometimes complain about the "boot camp" mentality of spring training, but you didn't see this stupid shit happening in the regular season (and especially September) that I can recall.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say, God forbid, the Yankees get bounced in the play-in game. (I'm giggling just thinking about it).

Does Boone get fired? No way, right?

No, probably not. Handpicked by Cashman.

I would have fired him about 2 months ago.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got booed a few games ago didn't he (Sanchez). But yeah, his fielding is atrcious.. Last night the way he turned only his glove and didnt get his body in front on Tanaka's pitches it was amazing nothing got by him!

If Andujar at least blocked it would you still be calling it a bad throw? I'm not trying to be a dick, simply asking. I still dont think it was that bad of a throw, just didn't work out for the Yankees fortunately

It's not just last night-this crap has been going on all year long, and I've been bitching about it all year long. Too much free-lancing, not enough fundamental baseball.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just last night-this crap has been going on all year long, and I've been bitching about it all year long. Too much free-lancing, not enough fundamental baseball.

He certainly doesn't seem to have the fundamentals of catching down that's for sure

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a habit of making the difficult plays look easy, and butchering the easy plays. Very similar to a former Yankee 2B now in Seattle.

He's so damn streaky at the plate. He'll have a week where you can't get him out, then be completely feeble the next week.

And yeah, I am completely over Boone and his on the job training. What are we, the freaking Marlins?

Yeah, but Booney hit a home run off Wakefield once! Maybe picking a manager solely to troll your chief rival wasn’t the best move, after all. I didn’t understand it then and certainly don’t understand it now.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True true. It was a horrible throw. But I have to think most pro 3b’s can keep it out of the 3rd row.