• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of this trade

Give up Diaz and a top 100 draft pick to bring back Santana's corpse.

I would have ran with 1 more year of Edwin and kept the mentioned above.

I guess this is where the self destruction begins in the name of "concentrating payroll"

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to get excited about Bauers the way he ended last season.

I guess he's only 22 and could adjust but he kind of has that Matt LaPorta vibe to him

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like them to move Kluber though, depending on the return. I don't know why they need to get rid of Alonso either. I'm not sure what proactive move they could make, but if they're actually going to try and be aggressive, great.
i think they are trying to move Kluber but just havent got anything near what they should get.

The ideal deal is what the White Sox got for Sale----a major league ready elite young player in Moncada, a second elite prospect that was near major league ready in Koepech, and 2 more solid/decent prospects.

They HAVE to get more than the RAys got for Archer--- which was a solid young starter in Glasnow and a pretty highly rated outfielder in Meadows.

If they could find the sweet-spot in between those deals i think they would move Kluber.

My ideas are this:

Kluber to the reds for Winkler and either Senzel or Greene and then a couple lesser pieces.

Kluber to the Dodgers for Verdugo, Chris Taylor, that catching prospect they talk about thats highly rated- Will Smith , and another smaller piece.

The Yanks are now out of it after getting Paxton and signing Happ.

Maybe Kluber to the Astros for Kyle Tucker and some other pieces.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bauers is also about 1.5 years younger than LaPorta was when he came up.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 Tiger outfield....

LF - Stewart
CF - J. Jones
RF - Castellanos

I predict a lot of flyballs and singles turn into doubles and triples.

Jacoby is going to have to cover a lot of ground.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think they are trying to move Kluber but just havent got anything near what they should get.

The ideal deal is what the White Sox got for Sale----a major league ready elite young player in Moncada, a second elite prospect that was near major league ready in Koepech, and 2 more solid/decent prospects.

They HAVE to get more than the RAys got for Archer--- which was a solid young starter in Glasnow and a pretty highly rated outfielder in Meadows.

If they could find the sweet-spot in between those deals i think they would move Kluber.

My ideas are this:

Kluber to the reds for Winkler and either Senzel or Greene and then a couple lesser pieces.

Kluber to the Dodgers for Verdugo, Chris Taylor, that catching prospect they talk about thats highly rated- Will Smith , and another smaller piece.

The Yanks are now out of it after getting Paxton and signing Happ.

Maybe Kluber to the Astros for Kyle Tucker and some other pieces.
I was hoping the Dodgers would be dumb enough to give us Bellinger. The longer this goes on without a trade partner, the less we wind up with.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that the White Sox are ready to make a move for the Division ... I hear they are in the Machado and Harper talks. Personally, I think it's too early to make this step, and with all their young players, do Machado or Harper fit the role as a leader?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Harper as worth the investment. Perhaps Machado on a "lesser" deal

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Harper as worth the investment. Perhaps Machado on a "lesser" deal

I agree ... I take Machado easily before Harper. But at the rate they are going to get and with a young team, leadership becomes an important factor. I expect to see more leadership out of Miguel this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that the White Sox are ready to make a move for the Division ... I hear they are in the Machado and Harper talks. Personally, I think it's too early to make this step, and with all their young players, do Machado or Harper fit the role as a leader?
esp. with Koepech out all next season. They are still a year or two away.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for machado’s bro in law coincidence?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for machado’s bro in law coincidence?
too funny....

I didnt think there was any way the Tribe could move Alonso without tying him to Kluber or Bauer....

so glad he is gone. Opens up 1B and DH for Bauers and Santana.

Good for the White Sox if they get Machado...he will help them a lot if it happens.

I still am in shock the amount of salary the Tribe has been able to cut this offseason with no kind of major losses....

between Gomes, the money coming in the Santana/Encarnacion deal, and Alonso- there payroll outlay for 2019 is down about 27-28M dollars.

I hope that gives them the flexibility to actually do something. If all it is is cost savings they can get fucked in the ear.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Royals fucking suck, but my heart and soul is always with baseball as a sports fan, so I can't ever quite turn away any given year.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber is probably a little less valuable than Sale.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I looked at Sale's three seasons leading up to his trade (2014-2016), and Kluber's last three (2016-18).

Stats
CS - 89 GS ~ 609.1 IP ~ 3.03 ERA ~ 1.03 WHIP ~ 10.6 K/9 ~ 5.67 K/BB ~ 129 ERA+
CK - 94 GS ~ 633.2 IP ~ 2.77 ERA ~ 0.97 WHIP ~ 10.1 K/9 ~ 5.62 K/BB ~ 162 ERA+

Contract Status
CS - $38.0MM / 3yr
CK - $41.5MM / 3yr

CK - 33

Tough to say. Kluber's older and slightly more expensive (although $3.5MM is peanuts), but he's also been significantly bettter than Sale had been leading up to his trade.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I feel about that.

I looked at Sale's three seasons leading up to his trade (2014-2016), and Kluber's last three (2016-18).

Stats
CS - 89 GS ~ 609.1 IP ~ 3.03 ERA ~ 1.03 WHIP ~ 10.6 K/9 ~ 5.67 K/BB ~ 129 ERA+
CK - 94 GS ~ 633.2 IP ~ 2.77 ERA ~ 0.97 WHIP ~ 10.1 K/9 ~ 5.62 K/BB ~ 162 ERA+

Contract Status
CS - $38.0MM / 3yr
CK - $41.5MM / 3yr

CK - 33

Tough to say. Kluber's older and slightly more expensive (although $3.5MM is peanuts), but he's also been significantly bettter than Sale had been leading up to his trade.
@SlinkyRedfoot @Shanemansj13 @Across The Field @Erie Warrior any other Cleveland fans want to weigh in cool

if you did a survey of a 1,000 Cleveland fans that rooted for all 3 Cleveland teams, the Indians, Cavaliers, and Browns

and out of Lindor, Baker Mayfield or LeBron, the fans could pick one guy to be on their teams, who would it be, and what % would it be?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SlinkyRedfoot @Shanemansj13 @Across The Field @Erie Warrior any other Cleveland fans want to weigh in cool

if you did a survey of a 1,000 Cleveland fans that rooted for all 3 Cleveland teams, the Indians, Cavaliers, and Browns

and out of Lindor, Baker Mayfield or LeBron, the fans could pick one guy to be on their teams, who would it be, and what % would it be?

Tough to say. Cleveland is a football town, so first instinct is to go with Mayfield, but he's still a relatively unproven commodity. Lebron is a hometown guy, and actually brought Cleveland a championship, so I think he's in the discussion. Lindor would only get a small fraction of the votes the other two would get.

I do think if you asked the same fans if they would erase the Cavs' championship in return for a Mayfield-led Browns championship, the vote would go overwhelmingly to the Browns.

If I had to pick, I'd probably go with Mayfield, despite being a bigger baseball/Indians fan. Seems to me that an elite quarterback can have a larger impact on a football team than an elite SS could have on a baseball team. Also influencing my opinion are the business aspects of the two sports. We know that at some point, the Indians are going to lose Lindor to free agency; the same can't be said about Mayfield. I wouldn't consider Lebron because basketball is gay.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to say. Cleveland is a football town, so first instinct is to go with Mayfield, but he's still a relatively unproven commodity. Lebron is a hometown guy, and actually brought Cleveland a championship, so I think he's in the discussion. Lindor would only get a small fraction of the votes the other two would get.

I do think if you asked the same fans if they would erase the Cavs' championship in return for a Mayfield-led Browns championship, the vote would go overwhelmingly to the Browns.

If I had to pick, I'd probably go with Mayfield, despite being a bigger baseball/Indians fan. Seems to me that an elite quarterback can have a larger impact on a football team than an elite SS could have on a baseball team. Also influencing my opinion are the business aspects of the two sports. We know that at some point, the Indians are going to lose Lindor to free agency; the same can't be said about Mayfield. I wouldn't consider Lebron because basketball is gay.
I would say that at least 90% of Clevelanders, if they could pick, would choose Mayfield.

I mean- Bernie got to multiple AFC championship games, never won any of them, and he is a legend in Cleveland.

Between how Cleveland is a football city, I think the vast vast majority would pick Baker mayfield.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox are a year early from doing anything though and Kopech setbacks assures them of that.