• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-19 Game Recaps

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because he wanted to be back, but the Jazz didn't want him. So he wants to prove the Jazz wrong.

It's easy to be "right" when you were on a team with for future Hall of Famer's. No one game is going to prove anyone right or wrong and so that's why I don't like pounding of the chest.

Are we going to go make a big deal every time that someone else on the fringe of our roster makes a big shot? Are we going to go parading around stats when somebody replaces him over time better? Are we gonna laugh in his face when he becomes a role player forever? Are we going to make a big deal when he hangs up his sneakers? I mean, you hit one shot. You didn't prove anyone wrong.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to be "right" when you were on a team with for future Hall of Famer's. No one game is going to prove anyone right or wrong and so that's why I don't like pounding of the chest.

Are we going to go make a big deal every time that someone else on the fringe of our roster makes a big shot? Are we going to go parading around stats when somebody replaces him over time better? Are we gonna laugh in his face when he becomes a role player forever? Are we going to make a big deal when he hangs up his sneakers? I mean, you hit one shot. You didn't prove anyone wrong.

Good point, he is on a loaded team.

Good point, I checked the box score again after your post. He had an average game.

This was not like Moe Taylor going against the Clippers, when he scored 30.

BTW, two of my all-time favorite revenge games (and they both happen to be Jazz games):

* Boozer went 13-17 for 34 points, 14 rebound, 4 assists, 4 steals against the Clippers after All-Star injury replacements were announced, and Chris Kaman made it over Boozer in replacing Brandon Roy. BTW, positions don't matter when replacing players. History has shown that the Commissioner will pick whoever he thinks is the best replacement, regardless of position.

But Boozer said he knew who took his All-Star spot. He literally dribbled at Kaman almost every position, and scored. One of the best shooting games of his career too. That was a signature performance.

Utah Jazz at Los Angeles Clippers Box Score, February 9, 2010 | Basketball-Reference.com

After the win, Boozer said he sent his message with that Jazz road win.

* Al Jefferson scoring 33 points in 14-18 shooting after his grandmother died.

Grieving Al Jefferson leads Jazz past Pistons 105-90

(Ok, is this really a "revenge" game? Don't answer that, just go with it.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Malone's 56 point game came after a snap of some sort. He like being named to the all star team but not playing. I'm not sure if he was snubbed that year. I think it was against Milwaukee.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Malone's 56 point game came after a snap of some sort. He like being named to the all star team but not playing. I'm not sure if he was snubbed that year. I think it was against Milwaukee.

61 against Milwaukee, after hearing AC Green was going to start in the All-Star game.

(1990) Karl Malone Scores 61 Points on 26 Shots After Hearing AC Green Was Going To Start In The All-Star Game

Here's a cool article.

NBA History: Karl Malone's best game vs each team

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a player has is in the right to want revenge against a former team, for two reasons:

* If the owner is too cheap to re-sign the player to a reasonable contract.
* If the player wanted to re-sign, but the team didn't want him back.

As you pointed out, context also matters. Revenge is possible when that player has a good game. But if he joins a loaded team and has limited participation, then it's not really about revenge as it is being on a better team.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you think of Doncic? I haven't seen him in a real game yet.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tue, Nov 13

Joe Ingles scored a team-high 19 points in Monday's 96-88 win over the Grizzlies.

Advice: He added six rebounds, five assists, one steal and three triples, his second impressive line in a row after matching his career-high of 27 points on Friday with seven assists, five rebounds, one steal, one block and five triples in 35 minutes. He suffered a cut above his left eye tonight and was able to keep playing after the training staff bandaged him up, but Kevin McHale had one of the quotes of the night when he said Ingles' wrap looked like a "civil war bandage." Joe Ingles is the man.

(Rotoworld.com)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll post some comments here.

Gobert is leading the NBA in FG% and eFG% at .701.

I just wish he was doing better at FTs. He's having one of his worst foul shooting seasons.

The Jazz are 19th in ORTG, 19th in DRTG and 24th in attendance.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the turnover differential from 7 to 16 is making the Jazz lose.

Both teams are shooting 50%, but the Pacers have 23 more FGAs.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd quarter sucked yesterday. I had considered making this post in the Worst Team In Sports thread, because of how disappointing it was.

The reversal of the 4th quarter doesn't completely make up for it.

I wanted a 4 quarter good game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 3rd quarter sucked yesterday. I had considered making this post in the Worst Team In Sports thread, because of how disappointing it was.

The reversal of the 4th quarter doesn't completely make up for it.

I wanted a 4 quarter good game.

Quoting you to just note that this is the Jazz versus the Nets game. In the future if I look at this post, I don’t want to have to look at the schedule. I don’t have a robotic memory on who we played on November 28, 2018.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quoting you to just note that this is the Jazz versus the Nets game. In the future if I look at this post, I don’t want to have to look at the schedule. I don’t have a robotic memory on who we played on November 28, 2018.

That's ok. I don't have that feature either.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the game on December 04, 2018, against the Spurs, that seems like the most bench assists by the Jazz, that I've seen in a long time.