• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-19 CHL thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't find one for this year, so here we go. Both the Royals and Giants are off to fine starts this season, Royals are unbeaten after six games and the Giants just have one loss going 6-1 to start the campaign. As far as the Tigers are concerned, they're off to a sputtering 3-5-1 record after nine games.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't find one for this year, so here we go. Both the Royals and Giants are off to fine starts this season, Royals are unbeaten after six games and the Giants just have one loss going 6-1 to start the campaign. As far as the Tigers are concerned, they're off to a sputtering 3-5-1 record after nine games.

The weird thing is how we are 6-0.

I was listening to the radio 2 weeks ago and they were doing a post game. The announcers were saying that the question coming into the season was:

" Who was going to replace all of the goals that were going to the pros?"

We are doing the perfect scoring by committee situation backed up by a goalie who SHOULD HAVE BEEN DRAFTED but we all know why he isn't, 6'0 and 180.

We are not a " sexy" team but we a damn good looking team

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
nice rush and all, but that second defender would get scolded in beer league.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the CHL Showcase game on Saturday afternoon (Tigers played the Hitmen in Calgary) and although the Tigers lost a close one (4-3), they've been on a pretty nice run of late. The whole Central Division is tighter than a snare drum this season (aside from Kootenay):

whl central division.jpg

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a story with a moral for ya.

There once was a goalie who would hear so much flack about his height.

One game. It gets to him so much that when a opponent kicks him. He goes off and hogtied tackles the guy to the ground

Moral of the story. Don't get Griffen Outhouse mad

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver Giants with a statement win over the #1 ranked in the CHL Prince Albert Raiders last night at the LEC.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver Giants with a statement win over the #1 ranked in the CHL Prince Albert Raiders last night at the LEC.

I had the first 5 minutes of that one on before I switched to the Gonzaga destroying of Santa Clara.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hurricanes are the Oilers of the WHL...Both are no good.

They have been evicted from the over 5000 seat Enmax Centre in late March and Early April because the City booked the Brier (National Curling Championships) and forgot that the Hurricanes play hockey in the building that they promised for Curling.

Now the city is playing at Nicholas Sheran an old 980 seat arena w/ standing room. Many season ticket holders are upset because they won't get to go to all the games due to lack of seating.

Last year when it was announced that the Enmax Centre would host the curling championships it was done without consulting the Hurricanes. Enmax Centre administration and the City of Lethbridge administration completely forgot about the WHL team.

Hurricanes to play at Nicholas Sheran Arena as curling championship takes over ENMAX Centre in March