• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Regular Season Thread

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outfield next year should be Jones, Hays, and Manchini with Rickard 4th OF.

This off season they need to get legit starting pitching. Not picking up Miley option and saying they got pitching help.
how many good pitchers want to pitch in the al east ?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many good pitchers want to pitch in the al east ?
Any that want to get a huge payday from either the Yankees or Red Sox?

Also, looking at what's out there starting pitching wise, there's not a lot of good ones to choose from unless we sign a few 1 year guys to give the guys down in Bowie time to progress more to get them to 2019.

Last edited:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any that want to get a huge payday from either the Yankees or Red Sox?

Also, looking at what's out there starting pitching wise, there's not a lot of good ones to choose from unless we sign a few 1 year guys to give the guys down in Bowie time to progress more to get them to 2019.

if we had a manager we could piggyback some for a 5 th starter . I think castro should be a starter yes he is wearing down lately from over use . if we had a true ace to go with what we have and we be better then any starters in 30 years . bundy and gausman with Harvey lerking in the wings ,

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we had a manager we could piggyback some for a 5 th starter . I think castro should be a starter yes he is wearing down lately from over use . if we had a true ace to go with what we have and we be better then any starters in 30 years . bundy and gausman with Harvey lerking in the wings ,
Is Harvey going to have to be up on the main roster next year or does he still have some time left down in the minors?

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Buck still starting Joseph and Castilo every day? Sisco should be starting to be ready for next week.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck is still starting Castillo at catcher. Castillo will not be on this team next year. Why not play Sisco?

Buck loves his veterans.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buck is still starting Castillo at catcher. Castillo will not be on this team next year. Why not play Sisco?

Buck loves his veterans.
The season will be over after next weekend so I don't see the harm in getting a lot of these younger guys more playing time.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shame we didn't call up sisco and let him play !!!! so if Castillo takes the 7 million do we get rid of caleb ? I think sisco needs to play in the majors .

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shame we didn't call up sisco and let him play !!!! so if Castillo takes the 7 million do we get rid of caleb ? I think sisco needs to play in the majors .

Didn't the Orioles clinch a losing season and find themselves mathematically eliminated from the postseason on Saturday? They should play only the prospects for the remaining 6 games.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if Castillo stayed around. I'm sure he'll likely get more than than in the free agent market. If for some reason he does stay, I don't see the point of having Caleb around since we already have backups at positions he plays at.

Didn't the Orioles clinch a losing season and find themselves mathematically eliminated from the postseason on Saturday? They should play only the prospects for the remaining 6 games.
I agree. If anyone is banged up, just sit them and let someone else take their place. We're just going to be going through the motions for this final week anyways, why not let them play and see what you have going forward or can use as potential trade bait.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a sort of off topic, I saw yesterday that some guy from the Oakland A's took a knee during the anthem yesterday. If any of the Orioles do that or something else in that context, I just don't think I can bother watching them anymore. I'm just sick of politics leaking into the sports world. When I watch sports, I do it to get away from that garbage for a few hours.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a sort of off topic, I saw yesterday that some guy from the Oakland A's took a knee during the anthem yesterday. If any of the Orioles do that or something else in that context, I just don't think I can bother watching them anymore. I'm just sick of politics leaking into the sports world. When I watch sports, I do it to get away from that garbage for a few hours.
after trump dumbass mouth I wouldn't care . before it I would've agreed !
btw great to see jj have a good game in his last at home for the o's thank you jj ! chris if he is cheap bring him back . I would say if he gets a slight raise ok for one year .

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Castillo has a player option for next year. I would be shocked if he didn't decline it. He had a pretty good year for a catcher and there isn't to much else on the market. He'll get more elsewhere.

I say next year we play Sisco and Joseph at catcher.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after trump dumbass mouth I wouldn't care . before it I would've agreed !
Them doing something just to spite someone makes them no better than the first person to start with.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dam they say the o's farm will be ranked in the teens