• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Mountain West Power Rankings Week 11

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're almost to the end of the season everyone

1. Boise State - Still #1 by default as the only remaining unbeaten in the league but it nearly wasn't that way as Boise State struggled defensively all night against Colorado State and was down 28-3 at one point but somehow managed to make a comeback from that, and even trailed 52-38 with 3 minutes left, brought it to overtime and won. No rest though, as Boise State plays their arch-nemesis Air Force next.

2. Wyoming - Wyoming continues to roll as they have mostly dominated since the loss to Boise State. Wyoming controlled the entire game against Air Force and even managed to survive late when Josh Allen got hurt, it looks like he will be able to return next week by the way, and he is needed because Wyoming plays Fresno State next a loss will eliminate their division title hopes.

3. Fresno State - Fresno State hasn't looked as dominate lately, they still took care of business beating Hawai'i on the road. Fresno State needs one win to clinch what would be a very surprising West division title...that's the good news...now the bad news is that their next two games are against the teams ahead of them in these rankings.

4. San Diego State - They got a bye week to rest up before the final stretch in which their job is to take care of business and hope Fresno State loses out. They play Nevada who has improved down the stretch.

5. Colorado State - Their offense is definitely playing well, that much showed in putting up an incredible 52 points on Boise State, the offense is why they moved up despite losing 3 in a row. Problem for Colorado State has been their defense and they haven't been able to close games...San Jose State will assist in ending the skid.

6. Utah State - Utah State had a bye week, and now they host Hawai'i to try and become bowl eligible.

7. Air Force- Air Force has suddenly seen their offense fall apart the past few weeks, a season that looked promising to start is suddenly clinging on by a thread as they now need to win out against Boise State and Utah State, good news is at least they've had Boise State's number lately.

8. Nevada - Nevada definitely is a rebound candidate for next year as they have ended the season strong, after weeks of close calls they took all their anger out in a 59-7 destruction of San Jose State. Nevada faces San Diego State on the road next.

9. UNLV - UNLV has some games to regret this year, the opener against Howard was definitely one and this week was another...I mean seriously if they could just handle business at home against BYU all they needed was a win over New Mexico to make a bowl....now they have to beat a surging Nevada in a rivalry game in addition to that, both games on the road by the way. By the way it still feels weird that UNLV was supposed to beat BYU, what an odd year.

10. New Mexico - New Mexico helped my "You suck" pickems by sucking against Texas A&M as they were pretty much run off the field from the start. Now they play UNLV next, not a good year for Bob Davie.

11. Hawai'i - Another disappointing team as Hawai'i lost 31-21 to Fresno State... which leads to an absolutely astounding stat, on every occasion since 1994 that Hawai'i scored exactly 21 points they have lost...if I'm Rolovich next time I see the potential for 21 I might just go for two.

12. San Jose State - This team is so absolutely horrible I mean they lost 59-7 to Nevada...that right there pretty much defines it.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Wyoming - Wyoming continues to roll as they have mostly dominated since the loss to Boise State. Wyoming controlled the entire game against Air Force and even managed to survive late when Josh Allen got hurt, it looks like he will be able to return next week by the way, and he is needed because Wyoming plays Fresno State next a loss will eliminate their division title hopes.

Source?

After his mother's FB post, the AC Sprain usually has a 6 week recovery time.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done this week.

Fresno State at Wyoming
+
Air Force at Boise State

Are the big games this weekend. Boise wins and/or Wyoming lose, and Boise is in the MWCG, otherwise, it'll come down to the final week to determine who represents the Mountain Division.

Fvck Colorado State.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source?

After his mother's FB post, the AC Sprain usually has a 6 week recovery time.

I just saw your news

messes up these rankings a little bit, oh well

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done this week.

Fresno State at Wyoming
+
Air Force at Boise State

Are the big games this weekend. Boise wins and/or Wyoming lose, and Boise is in the MWCG, otherwise, it'll come down to the final week to determine who represents the Mountain Division.

Fvck Colorado State.

Definitely wouldn't put it past us to lose the next two and give the division away, we seem like a changed team late this year but you never know

How you play defensively will be key, but the backup QB has to be able to do something to help you win, tough ask without Allen

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely wouldn't put it past us to lose the next two and give the division away, we seem like a changed team late this year but you never know

How you play defensively will be key, but the backup QB has to be able to do something to help you win, tough ask without Allen

Our young defense has definitely been the brightside this year. We all knew, or at least expected, that Allen would do well, but our extremely young defense has performed WAY above expectations.

Listen, winning the Mountain division in back-to-back years would be awesome, but what Bohl has done while at Wyoming is something we haven't really seen in my lifetime. We are winning, and playing good football. If you had lost to Colorado State, I would feel better about the division, but the Rams can't do anything right so here we are.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our young defense has definitely been the brightside this year. We all knew, or at least expected, that Allen would do well, but our extremely young defense has performed WAY above expectations.

Listen, winning the Mountain division in back-to-back years would be awesome, but what Bohl has done while at Wyoming is something we haven't really seen in my lifetime. We are winning, and playing good football. If you had lost to Colorado State, I would feel better about the division, but the Rams can't do anything right so here we are.

I considered Bohl about as much of a home run hire as possible for you guys at the time, and it's great to see it panning out well for you. The nice thing is since he's older you guys don't even have to worry about him being plucked away by a bigger school as they're mostly looking for the younger coaches.

Certainly you would have preferred us to lose compared to the alternative but as mentioned by Pitman in the other thread we can't seem to beat Air Force and Fresno State is solid, we're perfectly capable of losing both

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered Bohl about as much of a home run hire as possible for you guys at the time, and it's great to see it panning out well for you. The nice thing is since he's older you guys don't even have to worry about him being plucked away by a bigger school as they're mostly looking for the younger coaches.

Certainly you would have preferred us to lose compared to the alternative but as mentioned by Pitman in the other thread we can't seem to beat Air Force and Fresno State is solid, we're perfectly capable of losing both

I was shocked about Bohl actually leaving NDSU to come to WYO, however, I knew there was risks surrounding it though.

Ah, idk, watching CSU squander a lead like they did is always entertaining to me, however I couldn't dream making it to back-to-back title games, and that was our shot.

I know Boise's record against Air Force isn't great, but Air Force is pretty bad and I think BSU will win by doubt digits.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked about Bohl actually leaving NDSU to come to WYO, however, I knew there was risks surrounding it though.

Ah, idk, watching CSU squander a lead like they did is always entertaining to me, however I couldn't dream making it to back-to-back title games, and that was our shot.

I know Boise's record against Air Force isn't great, but Air Force is pretty bad and I think BSU will win by doubt digits.

I know Air Force isn't the best but it's still a lot to overcome, Harsin hasn't beaten them once