• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Bama’ roster

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this today. After this years dominant Bama squad....this is baffling.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones was a RS FR that year as well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that was a crazy roster too. Some of these college teams are nuts.........
2015 Ohio State roster is worth a look if we're talking ridiculous potential on a team.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a good place to drop this. Take a look at this roster, and it does not even list freshmen Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow Jr.

got better in 2001

Players: Bryant McKinnie, Jeremy Shockey, Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, Phillip Buchanon, Sean Taylor, Jonathan Vilma, D.J. Williams, Antrel Rolle, Vince Wilfork, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Chris Myers, Andre Johnson

No other team is even in the conversation. The backups on this squad are what make it truly unbelievable. Vince Wilfork, Antrel Rolle, Frank Gore, and Sean Taylor couldn’t even start! Even if you discount the three future Hall of Famers (Reed, Wilfork, and Johnson) and the one who easily would have been (Taylor), you’re looking at 22 trips to the Pro Bowl. As in, 22! It’s the greatest collection of future NFL talent ever collected in one place, and it’s not particularly close.

thing is players chose colleges not the other way around so lots end up on same team
Dont see how any player doesnt want to play for bama unless they think they wont start

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got better in 2001

Players: Bryant McKinnie, Jeremy Shockey, Ed Reed, Clinton Portis, Phillip Buchanon, Sean Taylor, Jonathan Vilma, D.J. Williams, Antrel Rolle, Vince Wilfork, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, Chris Myers, Andre Johnson

No other team is even in the conversation. The backups on this squad are what make it truly unbelievable. Vince Wilfork, Antrel Rolle, Frank Gore, and Sean Taylor couldn’t even start! Even if you discount the three future Hall of Famers (Reed, Wilfork, and Johnson) and the one who easily would have been (Taylor), you’re looking at 22 trips to the Pro Bowl. As in, 22! It’s the greatest collection of future NFL talent ever collected in one place, and it’s not particularly close.

thing is players chose colleges not the other way around so lots end up on same team
Dont see how any player doesnt want to play for bama unless they think they wont start
Yeah I was trying to determine if 2001 or 2000 was the better roster. Either way safe to say there has never been more talent on a college roster.

Do teams like Bama have a higher transfer rate than most programs? I can see that kid who was told he was a star all his life getting to Tuscaloosa and finding out that he is behind 3 five stars and may never play.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was trying to determine if 2001 or 2000 was the better roster. Either way safe to say there has never been more talent on a college roster.

Do teams like Bama have a higher transfer rate than most programs? I can see that kid who was told he was a star all his life getting to Tuscaloosa and finding out that he is behind 3 five stars and may never play.
SEC in general has the most transfers Bama has 6 in the portal right now but some may stay I think alot of players commit to other schools when they see Bama has depth at their position
justin fields left ga when he knew he wasnt starting cause of jake fromm ugh :suds:

bama let 1 go also

Kamara's short time at University of Alabama was "a rough experience".[11] He had knee surgery during the preseason, then redshirted as a true freshman when he was unable to break into a recruitment class that featured three other future NFL running backs in Derrick Henry, T. J. Yeldon, and Kenyan Drake. Due to "behavioral issues", Saban banned Kamara from practicing with the team and suspended him from their bowl game

In 2014, Kamara transferred from Alabama to Hutchinson Community College in Kansas for his redshirt freshman season. In nine games, Kamara ran for 1,211 yards (134.6 per game) with 18 touchdowns and led the Blue Dragons with 1,469 yards of total offense and 21 touchdowns.[13] His successful season with Blue Dragons propelled Kamara to one of the top JUCO prospects in the nation. He earned a 5-star rating from the Rivals.com and Scout.com recruiting networks. He was offered by both Tennessee and the Georgia Bulldogs before ultimately committing to the Volunteers.[14]