• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 Philadelphia 76ers Season

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the first preseason game, but this Simmons kid can play.
Nobody got hurt, so I'd say we're off to a great start.....

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, glad to see that no one got hurt. I was really impressed with Okafor.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, glad to see that no one got hurt. I was really impressed with Okafor.

Looked like he had more intensity.
Chased down a stray rebound or two. (14 pts, 6 reb, 2 blk in 19 minutes).
Maybe vegan Jah is for real???

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid has been cleared to practice and play. I think we're going to say this statement many times during the season.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons is a baller.

He's gonna make everyone better.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben's shot is fck up! That part of his game has to get better, and it will I believe.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like playing the nets and getting Embiid back out there to feel better going into the start of the season.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only seen selected highlights, but nice to see Saric's shot isn't as flat as it was last year.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a pretty good game put in by Simmons tonight
9-11 shooting, 19 pts, 7 reb, 5 assists

Redick had a good shooting night as well - 19 pts 5-6 from 3 pt
good shooting night? i don't know about you but every time he throws one up i assume int's going in the net. great signing.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, shit. Hope he doesn't kick any chairs this year.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do know he got injured last year during the minutes restriction, right. Injuries can happen anytime during a game. Just play the fucker

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gameday!!!

I usually participate in the Sixers thread in the Eagles forum, but looks like the discussion has come to the appropriate place.

A tough roadie to open the season, as the Wizards are strong where we are weak. But in a weird twist, we beat the Wizards 2 of 3 last year, all played without Embiid.

Interested to see how Simmons plays his first real game as a PG, and if he can keep his turnovers at a reasonable rate like he did in the preseason. Only 2.5 per game which is impressive for a rookie. I'm looking to see if Simmons finishing touch improves at the rim. It seemed to be slowly getting progressively better throughout the preseason. The last game was definitely the best, but it looks as if he's avoiding contact. He's either a finesse finisher at the rim or afraid of going to the line. Neither is a good look for a 6'10 freight train. His counting stats don't account for how many good looks he creates for teammates. Even if he can't score well this season he's going to impact the game offensively in the halfcourt. In transition he's obviously lights out. The Wizards don't really have a natural fit to defend him. I think it'll probably be Oubre most of the game. I'd like to see him take Oubre to the block.

Embiid looked like he got winded in the 4th minute played in each of his stints in the two games. He also looked like he was a little slow on rotations as compared to last year, so I expect he gets about 5 4 minute and change shifts tonight. Somewhere between 20-22 minutes I'm guessing, maybe stretched a little in a close game. He should get the Wiz frontcourt in foul trouble. The do have some beef to throw at Embiid in Gortat and Mahinmi so it will be a good test. Maybe some former Sixer Jason Smith.

Really excited to watch Redick's first game. His constant movement and quick trigger functions as a late shot clock bailout in the halfcourt because Simmons sometimes gets stuck running sets and if we can't get Embiid the ball.

I have no idea what we will see from Fultz. I was never big on Fultz pre-draft (I thought Josh Jackson was the clear #1 prospect), but I was encouraged by his short Summer League outings.

Wall is going to murder whomever we put on him. Bayless and Redick are overmatched, Covington might work in stretches but we can't have him on Wall for 30+ minutes. Fultz will be in for a rude awakening when he defends him. We'll have to play TJ a little more than normal to stem some bleeding I suspect.

I'll go a little homer because while Wall is no match for anyone we can put on him, the Wizards without Morris don't have anyone that can contain Simmons, and Gortat isn't going to be able to guard Embiid without foul trouble. The Wiz bench is dreadful and ours is surprisingly deep. This is a game I can see us going small with Saric at the 5 when Embiid and Gortat are out without too much defensive/rebounding penalty to great effect.

Sixers by 4.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a tough loss but great game nonetheless. I love the starting lineup and the closing lineup. I do think the closing lineup will change throughout the season though. If Embiid had played 30+ mins tonight, the sixers win easily.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team looked good. Difference in my eyes was some bull shit calls that got the wizards in the bonus early twice, which also contributed to Amir Johnson fouling out. The last two calls on him were terrible. Still, team had a chance in that last minute with some great looks, but the wizards made some unfortunate deflections. Oubre and Porter with a lot of timely plays all night for the wiz.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite it being a loss, I am excited about this team. It was their first game together and they made it a game till the end against one of the favorites in the East not named the Cavs. Embiid looked a little tired, but that will change after a couple more games. Simmons looks like the real deal ... he's going to be a big star in this league as he develops. Fultz got his feet wet in limited minutes; he's green, but you can see the potential. He certainly has to fix that ugly free throw shooting form though ... who the hell is helping him with that? Covington went off from 3 Pt land ... he's a guy who is going to get a lot of open looks this year and if that's how he will respond, we may see him in the All Star Game. What the heck happened to Saric??? Never got into the groove last night and he needs to establish himself moving forward. Still pissed we lost Richaun Holmes ... he was going to be an important part of this team.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall/Beal were 16-45 (1-7 3pt).
WAS had 38 FTA to our 19.
Say what you will about the refs, but we had our chances late in the game.
Bayless couldn't find Simmons for what would have been an easy layup.
Covington couldn't find a wide open Bayless after a Simmons outlet pass.
Turnovers were killer and WAS had 5 more offensive rebounds than us.

Still, Redick had a chance to tie the game.
These are the kinds of games that they need to learn how to win.
All in all, very encouraging, but they need to come out with energy Friday night against a desperate Celtics team.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wall/Beal were 16-45 (1-7 3pt).
WAS had 38 FTA to our 19.
Say what you will about the refs, but we had our chances late in the game.
Bayless couldn't find Simmons for what would have been an easy layup.
Covington couldn't find a wide open Bayless after a Simmons outlet pass.
Turnovers were killer and WAS had 5 more offensive rebounds than us.

Still, Redick had a chance to tie the game.
These are the kinds of games that they need to learn how to win.
All in all, very encouraging, but they need to come out with energy Friday night against a desperate Celtics team.

Beating Boston would be wonderful. The energy in that arena is going to be off the charts.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating Boston would be wonderful. The energy in that arena is going to be off the charts.

I was thinking that all day. That place Friday night is gonna be bananas. Hopefully they can feed off of that and get the Celts to 0-3.