• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2017-18 NJ Devils PLAYOFFS!!!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zacha needs to show me more in this series. He was just as responsible for that first goal as Lovejoy. If he steps it up I think we create some mismatches.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Cory will be fine for next game. IMO he wasn't superb in last game, but was solid. He is quicker than Kinkaid, who is slow on getting up from the ice.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
wow man just wow i was worried the crowd wasn't going to be into it but man once the puck dropped that place was rocking! it felt like a cup final game or a playoff game against the rangers. i was worried the wheels were going to fall off with lovejoy going behind the net? instead of to the front? no one can score from behind the net dude wtf!?!?!?!?!?! how you can start lovejoy over mueller is beyond me. i know the team got the win but game 4 stafford needs to come out and grabner or gibbons need to be back in the lineup.

yeah the devils got blown out the first two games and it took them til the third period to get a lead but honestly its all because the power play and pk. team scored what 6 power play goals this series? even strength the teams have been equal with tampa carrying the possession play but the devils capitalizing on their chances.

also never really knew how dirty tampa was until last night. it looked like we were playing the flyers!

cory had a broduer playoff start there wow gutsy win. thing is though wtf are you hurt man? if you are then you gotta come out yesterday and you definitely cant start wednesday

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Cory will be fine for next game. IMO he wasn't superb in last game, but was solid. He is quicker than Kinkaid, who is slow on getting up from the ice.

Just saw on twitter it was cramping, he's fine. At least according to Amanda Stein

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main difference between the first 2 games and yesterday was we didn't have the lapses we did in those games. Overall we didn't get blown away and completely outmatched in the first 2 games. We just had gaffs that they capitalized on.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main difference between the first 2 games and yesterday was we didn't have the lapses we did in those games. Overall we didn't get blown away and completely outmatched in the first 2 games. We just had gaffs that they capitalized on.

yeah, we definitely had jitters in pd 1 of game 1, we were toe to toe with them in game 2, actually controlling play, until Lovejoy took that damn penalty and gave them life, which led to a 3 -5 minute outburst that put us down 3 goals. We dominated the 3rd and had plenty of chances to come all the way back.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to remember, we have home ice so we can line match... something we cant do in TB and I think they are really capitalizing on that.... We have to be able to overcome that in this series.... and stay out of the damn box... if they don't go on the PP, they don't score as much... as evident of all three games so far....

We almost had 2 shorties too.... so close....

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our PK has been really bad. Need to stand up even if we are boxed. Not sure if we need Grabner back into lineup for PK, but maybe sitting him for 3rd game did the job so he would be up for game 4.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our PK is aggressive and sometimes against a talented team like TB, they will exploit it with quality passing and set up. Does not excuse leaving players alone in front of net however.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like no changes in the lineups tonight. Not surprised by it but still, wouldn't want to settle with Stafford out there... if he's going to get minimal minutes anyways why not have a "potential" speed break in Grabner out there instead...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Grabner or Gibbons are better PK than Stafford

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday start time set for 3PM. Was hoping for 7:30 s I could go to Penn State Spring game as well, but I'll be skipping that to watch Devils.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday start time set for 3PM. Was hoping for 7:30 s I could go to Penn State Spring game as well, but I'll be skipping that to watch Devils.

giphy.gif

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, backs against the wall. Let's see if we can find any of that magic from March. Vatanen is a huge blow, hopefully he's ok but I'm thinking he has a concussion.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, do or die now. Hopefully we can at least extend it and not roll over/die in game 5. Vatanan was huge blow, but we had so many chances to score and couldn't bury one. Either way, win or lose Saturday, this team has made Devils hockey enjoyable to watch again and our window is just starting to open. NOw let's go get this game 5 and extend it at least 1 moe

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't follow the game as much as I would have liked(could you tell by my lack of in game kneejerking?).

Was at the bar watching and i was soooo excited to see Pal scores the opener.... pooper that TB tied it up... felt we had a chance on the overturned goal... then pooper on the 2nd by TB and we had chances all night but couldn't find the back of the net.

i missed the Vat play though, was it dirty?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't follow the game as much as I would have liked(could you tell by my lack of in game kneejerking?).

Was at the bar watching and i was soooo excited to see Pal scores the opener.... pooper that TB tied it up... felt we had a chance on the overturned goal... then pooper on the 2nd by TB and we had chances all night but couldn't find the back of the net.

i missed the Vat play though, was it dirty?

If Doughty got a game, he should not be playing Saturday

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK there's something seriously wrong here... TWICE we get hosed by the NHL?

I swear, we better be able to decapitate a few Lightning players without getting an eyebrow from the NHL...

fucking joke. If we're going down, take some of their players with us. FUCK this.