• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Projections

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FanGraphs has the Dodgers still winning the division, us in 2nd, and the Dbacks under .500

It's still a bit soon to project since more moves are to be made, but here it is anyway:

Path to the playoffs: NL West

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever wrote this article forgot how important Greinke truly was to the Dodgers. As in, mentioned his value, then completely discounted it as if it meant nothing, like Anderson and Ryu would in essence cancel out the loss of a Cy Young winner.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that FanGraphs projects the Dodgers and Giants to both improve by 3 games, the Padres to improve by 2 games while the Diamondbacks are expected to finish at the same record at 2015. The biggest projected improvement is the 5 games for the Rockies!

Its almost as if the folks over at FanGraphs expect Anderson and Ryu to be better bounce back candidates than Samardzija and Cueto, that losing Greinke is almost as irrelevant as the Diamondbacks signing him and that the Rockies moves were the best for team improvement.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I've been thinking about this. To preface: when Buster came up, I expected great things (I wasn't alone). I advocated for the Sac (I was alone). I expected big things from Bum and Freak. I loved the Pence trade. I advocated for Panik.

So, that said, here is my bust out player for 2015:

Mac Williamson.

I think he's going to be a solid starter by midseason and the LF problem is solved.

I'd still sign Fowler to give us Oxy insurance.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commented on this article on the general board.

My thoughts are basically that it is a decent article...

Assuming it was written by a Dodger beat writer for the LA Times. Seeing as it was posted to ESPN just makes it a joke and not worthy of serious analysis.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I've been thinking about this. To preface: when Buster came up, I expected great things (I wasn't alone). I advocated for the Sac (I was alone). I expected big things from Bum and Freak. I loved the Pence trade. I advocated for Panik.

Mac Williamson.

I think he's going to be a solid starter by midseason and the LF problem is solved.

I dont think you were alone in any of those stands you took. You may have been the poster-child for Susac, but you were not alone.

I think Mac is a possibility for Mac. The problem is whether he gets the opportunities to play or not. We will certainly sign a player AT LEAST of the level of Byrd (maybe one of the studs) and he will have to contend with Blanco and Parker to PT. If he can get the PT, though, he will have earned it and will be a solid contender for the breakout player this year.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mac Williamson.

But let's not forget your July 2014 projection for the team as a whole. I seem to remember you looking to jettison Pence for the biggest bag of balls available at the time. And we all know about your reasons for wanting Susac to succeed. But mazel tov to that.

If Mac is the breakout player, it will be for the wrong strategic reasons. It will mean they did not acquire the quality OF that they should have. But I believe they will.

But if I'm wrong, I hope you are right.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But let's not forget your July 2014 projection for the team as a whole. I seem to remember you looking to jettison Pence for the biggest bag of balls available at the time. And we all know about your reasons for wanting Susac to succeed. But mazel tov to that.

If Mac is the breakout player, it will be for the wrong strategic reasons. It will mean they did not acquire the quality OF that they should have. But I believe they will.

Assuming they do not sign someone, and assuming Mac (or Parker, for that matter) does breakout, couldn't it be said that the org "knew" what they had and kept the path open for Mac (/Parker) to shine? Maybe the org compares Gordon to Mac (/Parker) and chooses Mac (/Parker). Maybe the org compares Cespedes to Mac (/Parker) and chooses Mac (/Parker). Maybe the org compares Upton to Mac (/Parker) and chooses Mac (/Parker).

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we all know about your reasons for wanting Susac to succeed. But mazel tov to that.

Is it because he went to Oregon State?

Anyhow, lists his MLB debut date as July 26, 2014. Can anybody tell me why that date is incorrect ?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate you.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyhow, lists his MLB debut date as July 26, 2014. Can anybody tell me why that date is incorrect ?

Yup. He came up in May for one game IIRC.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well it was not Yom Kippur. Without looking, ASB?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming they do not sign someone, and assuming Mac (or Parker, for that matter) does breakout, couldn't it be said that the org "knew" what they had and kept the path open for Mac (/Parker) to shine? Maybe the org compares Gordon to Mac (/Parker) and chooses Mac (/Parker). Maybe the org compares Cespedes to Mac (/Parker) and chooses Mac (/Parker). Maybe the org compares Upton to Mac (/Parker) and chooses Mac (/Parker).
Well, I see what you are saying. I didn't say it couldn't happen that way. But Mac is not Bryce Harper. He hasn't demonstrated that he can necessarily hit major league pitching.

IMHO, it would mean that the FO would have taken an unjustified and unnecessary risk to make ,Mac the choice. Simply put, they would have to be drawing to an inside straight when the pot odds aren't with them.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado continued game?

Yup - one of those bizarre rules. Since he played in a 'continued game' whose official date of play was 5/24 (the date the game was started), that's his official debut as a major leaguer, even tho the date he first played in an actual game was July 26.