• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Free Agents

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Broncos in a tight spot.

Fitz is in a tough spot because there isn't much competition now in FA... Who else is willing to pay Fitz starter money in the NFL? A lot of the teams that needed QB's addressed them..

Browns aren't going to pay him... I think Denver could get him for 14/15 mil... At this point, Fitz doesn't have a lot of leverage imo...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz is in a tough spot because there isn't much competition now in FA... Who else is willing to pay Fitz starter money in the NFL? A lot of the teams that needed QB's addressed them..

Browns aren't going to pay him... I think Denver could get him for 14/15 mil... At this point, Fitz doesn't have a lot of leverage imo...

Only takes one other team so I'm going.....Rams.:nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only takes one other team so I'm going.....Rams.:nod:
Didn't want to neg. rate your post because I felt this way when I read it :L so I had to go with the 'That takes the cake' positive rating Harold.

But either way you are right, we just could be in the market for Fitz, that or trade with the enemy (The Whiners) for you know who, or even worse put our fate in RG2.5 or Johnny Wacko if we don't stay pat with one of the two backup QB's we have or put the inexperienced 2nd year Beaver QB out there. We're just screwed at QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to neg. rate your post because I felt this way when I read it :L so I had to go with the 'That takes the cake' positive rating Harold.

But either way you are right, we just could be in the market for Fitz, that or trade with the enemy (The Whiners) for you know who, or even worse put our fate in RG2.5 or Johnny Wacko if we don't stay pat with one of the two backup QB's we have or put the inexperienced 2nd year Beaver QB out there. We're just screwed at QB.

Just pointing out that there still a team out there looking for a QB. The Jets I'm sure are still very much interested in resigning Fitz, so he's going get some crazy money IMO.

The offseason winners are teams being frugal.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out that there still a team out there looking for a QB. The Jets I'm sure are still very much interested in resigning Fitz, so he's going get some crazy money IMO.

The offseason winners are teams being frugal

Yep, always has been and always will be that way. LOL at the new Washington Redskins, the MIAMI DOLPHINS!!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We absolutely agree!

I had this to say over on the Rams boards earlier in the day yesterday...

So far, I'm good with what we've done, not over paying in the NFL is half the battle.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We absolutely agree!

I had this to say over on the Rams boards earlier in the day yesterday...

Very true, build through the draft and then add 1 or 2 FA's. Over spending sets a franchise back when the salary cap strikes back.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last I heard, he and the Jets were pretty far apart in negotiations.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Hawks might be interested in bringing back O'Brien Schofield. I can't imagine he'd cost too much to bring back and he would figure to be the #1 contender for Irvin's old spot.

Seahawks linked to free agents O'Brien Schofield, Bradley Sowell

Schofield would be perfect. He's versatile and was very effective in the limited time we used him back when he as a Seahawk.

Losing Bruce and Mebane, I hope we use that money to resign Okung or bring in an impact offensive/defensive linemen

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way have people been following the moves Oakland has been making?

Adding Bruce to pair up with Khalil Mack after grabbing Malcolm Smith last year (who had a very productive season with 122 tackles and 4 sacks).

Then adding Sean Smith who is a really good CB to go along with young talent David Amerson and DJ Hayden.

Plus they also bolstered their O-Line signing Kelechi Osmele. They already have Derek Carr and Amari Cooper as one of the best up and coming QB-WR tandem (could rival Wilson-Baldwin soon)

I think the Raiders have a shot at the AFC West next year given the Bronco's situation

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way have people been following the moves Oakland has been making?

Adding Bruce to pair up with Khalil Mack after grabbing Malcolm Smith last year (who had a very productive season with 122 tackles and 4 sacks).

Then adding Sean Smith who is a really good CB to go along with young talent David Amerson and DJ Hayden.

Plus they also bolstered their O-Line signing Kelechi Osmele. They already have Derek Carr and Amari Cooper as one of the best up and coming QB-WR tandem (could rival Wilson-Baldwin soon)

I think the Raiders have a shot at the AFC West next year given the Bronco's situation

Yeah they have a shot at winning the division IMO, but you never know how these FA work out for sure. Broncos have fallen back badly, I could see them ending up third or fourth in their division.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they have a shot at winning the division IMO, but you never know how these FA work out for sure. Broncos have fallen back badly, I could see them ending up third or fourth in their division.

I'm just happy to see Malcolm Smith doing well. I think Bruce will be a good fit. Sean Smith was a pipe dream of mine coming to Seattle. Would have been like having Sherman and Browner again except Smith can actually keep up with fast WRs.

Also secretly rooting for Dan Quinn to win in Atlanta too as long as it doesn't interfere with our playoff chances

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Caplan of ESPN is reporting that the Seahawks and OT Bradley Sowell have reached an agreement on a one-year contract worth $1.5 million.

Seattle has clearly been in the offensive tackle market since free agency opened last week. The question is whether this will have any impact whatsoever on their pursuit of Russell Okung, who reportedly has offers from three other teams.

Sowell is likely seen as a depth addition for them.

Sowell, 26, wound up signing on with the Buccaneers as an undrafted free agent out of Mississippi back in 2012. He lasted just a year in Tampa Bay before he was later signed off of their practice squad by the Colts.

Indianapolis placed him on waivers at the start of the 2013 season and he was later claimed by the Cardinals. Arizona elected to bring him back on a one-year deal last year.

In 2015, Sowell was active for all 16 games for the Cardinals, but played just 33 snaps.