• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Hockey Championships and European autos thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
st17but3nhf51.jpg

Mansory tuned Audi RS6 Avant.

Good Gravy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
msr9qibqnon51.jpg

2021 VW Passat Wagon R Line, available in every VW dealership in Europe now.

Here in America, we will never see it. But I can get at least 18 different variations of the Ford Explorer. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I like it (and I doubt we see it in Canada either).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I like it (and I doubt we see it in Canada either).
Volkswagen makes a North American spec Passat which is bigger and softer than the Euro Spec. So even if you do get a wagon, you won't get that specific one. And the likelihood that they will spec a wagon on that platform is really low because those are made here in SC. Doesn't make sense for them to re-tool for a few thousand cars at most. Even if every single one will be sold immediately.

The NA VW Passat is a Honda Accord/Toyota Camry competitor.
The Euro VW is a BMW 3 series competitor.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
msr9qibqnon51.jpg

2021 VW Passat Wagon R Line, available in every VW dealership in Europe now.

Here in America, we will never see it. But I can get at least 18 different variations of the Ford Explorer. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.
Unfortunate that sport wagons have never caught on here. Had several of them as rentals in Europe and they're excellent cars.

I get why all of the car companies are going hard on SUVs and trucks though. That's what Americans and our goldfish brains ("$2 gas?!? Better get that new RAM I've been wanting") are buying. And the margins are fucking enormous, especially on the pickup trucks.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best car I've ever driven is was a BMW Alpina B6 (originally made for the Japan market, but imported to Canada in 2014). The best wagon overall was a Volvo V70 all-wheel drive, that car loved the snow and ice.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best car I've ever driven is was a BMW Alpina B6 (originally made for the Japan market, but imported to Canada in 2014). The best wagon overall was a Volvo V70 all-wheel drive, that car loved the snow and ice.
Unfortunate that sport wagons have never caught on here. Had several of them as rentals in Europe and they're excellent cars.

I get why all of the car companies are going hard on SUVs and trucks though. That's what Americans and our goldfish brains ("$2 gas?!? Better get that new RAM I've been wanting") are buying. And the margins are fucking enormous, especially on the pickup trucks.

My A4 S-Line Avant is a stellar car. It's AWD, but not with the AllRoad suspension. It's got the lower Audi S suspension. When I had the news tires put on it, the guy who owned the shop that mounted them took it out on the test drive and he said it was the most comfortable car he's ever driven.

When my wife had the oil changed in her car recently, he asked her if I was ready to sell it yet.

I will be devastated when I have to let it go. I will never find a wagon to replace it and will probably have to bite the bullet and get an SUV.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My A4 S-Line Avant is a stellar car. It's AWD, but not with the AllRoad suspension. It's got the lower Audi S suspension. When I had the news tires put on it, the guy who owned the shop that mounted them took it out on the test drive and he said it was the most comfortable car he's ever driven.

When my wife had the oil changed in her car recently, he asked her if I was ready to sell it yet.

I will be devastated when I have to let it go. I will never find a wagon to replace it and will probably have to bite the bullet and get an SUV.
Buddy of mine who lives in Stockholm just picked up one of the new Volvo V60 hybrids and that is a damned fine looking car. I know you can get them here, but you pretty much have to buy a luxury variant, so it's a pretty penny.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still driving a 1995 Volvo 850 turbo that I bought off a young kid over 8 years ago for 3 grand. It just keeps going and going, I love that car.