• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Hockey Championships and European autos thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I had read on another site the the Dubai Police were selling them, but couldn't find link or mention on their website.
Greece had a similar situation when their tax authority brought in a rule stating that you had to show source of income if you had luxury cars / boats / etc.
all of these rich folks that didn't report vast majority of their income were just dumping their flashy assets at pennies on the dollar.

as of a couple of years ago, there was a single person in Greece who reported income of over 1 million Euros.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read on another site the the Dubai Police were selling them, but couldn't find link or mention on their website.
Greece had a similar situation when their tax authority brought in a rule stating that you had to show source of income if you had luxury cars / boats / etc.
all of these rich folks that didn't report vast majority of their income were just dumping their flashy assets at pennies on the dollar.

as of a couple of years ago, there was a single person in Greece who reported income of over 1 million Euros.

Yeah, from what I understand it's in person auction only (not online). And since not paying your debt is a major crime there, you'd want to be sure you had enough cash in hand to get them and get 'em on a trailer to get out. I'd love to know what kind of money they are bringing.

Also, one article had a Dodge Caliber in the photos of the "exotic" cars for sale.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, from what I understand it's in person auction only (not online). And since not paying your debt is a major crime there, you'd want to be sure you had enough cash in hand to get them and get 'em on a trailer to get out. I'd love to know what kind of money they are bringing.

Also, one article had a Dodge Caliber in the photos of the "exotic" cars for sale.
I had a client living in Dubai, and he would pay his rent a year in advance, just so there is absolutely no mix-ups.
they do not fuck around.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a client living in Dubai, and he would pay his rent a year in advance, just so there is absolutely no mix-ups.
they do not fuck around.

I got offered a contract forensics job there and that was one of the first things they said. I am not a drinker, but they warned me about that too.

The money was stupid, but I decided not to do it

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice local GTI Rabbit on BaT:

No Reserve: 1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI

Sure seems to have had a tough time in the 80s though lol

1984_volkswagen_rabbit_1592076416cdc40cf6f609abCARFAX-Canada-Vehicle-History-Reports-page-001.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I had as many if not more collisions in the 80's myself. This car is my soulmate.
My dad smashed every car we owned from the time I was born (mid-80s) until...well, I guess he never wrecked our 96 TDI Passat. Included two K-Cars, two Taurus'es (Taurii?), some other crappy Dodge/Plymouth car I can't remember right now and a Bonneville. He didn't total the Plymouth Voyager we had before then either but he did once back it into another car in our driveway lol.

He's only had one accident since when his truck hydroplaned on the highway. Which is to say, it sure seems like the roads are a lot safer these days then they were back then.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad smashed every car we owned from the time I was born (mid-80s) until...well, I guess he never wrecked our 96 TDI Passat. Included two K-Cars, two Taurus'es (Taurii?), some other crappy Dodge/Plymouth car I can't remember right now and a Bonneville. He didn't total the Plymouth Voyager we had before then either but he did once back it into another car in our driveway lol.

He's only had one accident since when his truck hydroplaned on the highway. Which is to say, it sure seems like the roads are a lot safer these days then they were back then.

All mine were on bicycles.
3hqG.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I've seen a few of those around, nice look. I was shocked at first, but it was originally designed and built by Vauxhall and Opel in Europe, so that probably explains the style.
I think most Buicks are rebadged Opels/Vauxhalls. Not sure how much longer that'll be the case though since neither's owned by GM anymore.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most Buicks are rebadged Opels/Vauxhalls. Not sure how much longer that'll be the case though since neither's owned by GM anymore.

Pontiac and Buick did steal heavily from Vaux, Opel and Holden. The Pontiac G8 is a Holden Commodore monster car.

A lot of Saturns were just cheap Vauxhalls.