• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Hockey Championships and European autos thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very angry about this. This car is beautiful.

BMW’s 3 Series wagon is saying good-bye to Canada next year

This is also not coming here:
2019-audi-a6-avant.jpg

New A6. I have loved wagons forever, and now that I have been driving one for two years I hope to never own anything else. And Bimmer and Audi wagons are fucking gorgeous.

Starting next year, my only choice is this:
nklzfmtm2i8kymlw02gf.jpg

It's a Vauxhall, sold as a Buick. But still a GM product at the end of the day.

Or this:
1000x-1.jpg

Which starts at 80 grand. A guy near here has one. It's stunning.

That's a beauty - I'm keeping my eyes open for a Audi S4 Avant, only downside is it likes premium gas and that's pretty pricey out here in BC.

I suggest an A4 S-line. You get the S suspension and brakes, but without the monster thirsty engine. Still need Premium, but way better mileage. I got 33 MPG at 80mph and with AC cranking on my way to Cincy to fly out to Vegas. Should get it much cheaper than an S also.

BUT - Check the door tag. If the engine code is CAEB don't buy it unless the show you documentation that the piston ring issue was fixed. Trust me :)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019-audi-a6-avant.jpg

New A6. I have loved wagons forever, and now that I have been driving one for two years I hope to never own anything else. And Bimmer and Audi wagons are fucking gorgeous.
For sure not coming here? I heard Audi was going to flood the NA market with wagons.

/The XF Sportbrake is beautiful but, ya know, Jag.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019-audi-a6-avant.jpg

Starting next year, my only choice is this:
nklzfmtm2i8kymlw02gf.jpg

It's a Vauxhall, sold as a Buick. But still a GM product at the end of the day.

Or this:
1000x-1.jpg

Which starts at 80 grand. A guy near here has one. It's stunning.

I suggest an A4 S-line. You get the S suspension and brakes, but without the monster thirsty engine. Still need Premium, but way better mileage. I got 33 MPG at 80mph and with AC cranking on my way to Cincy to fly out to Vegas. Should get it much cheaper than an S also.

BUT - Check the door tag. If the engine code is CAEB don't buy it unless the show you documentation that the piston ring issue was fixed. Trust me :)
ive had two audi wagons. 04 and a 12. A6, 3.0, turbo. torque converters went on both. then i read up on all the attempts at class action suits over the faulty design they kept using (poor quality gaskets that crack). i read stories of new, off the lot, and having the converters go in 40k miles. i wont buy an audi again. they STILL use the same converter design i believe.

dumped my last audi for an infiniti in 2017 and never looked back. audi was by FAR the most fun i ever had driving. 4 door, wagon, go cart.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure not coming here? I heard Audi was going to flood the NA market with wagons.

/The XF Sportbrake is beautiful but, ya know, Jag.

Audi is bringing the RS6 to America (not sure about Canada) and all other wagons will be the A4 Allroad. No regular A model wagons. 100k Give or take for the RS.

The allroad drives like a truck. So noisy. Plus it has those awful plastic fender flares.

I am also worried about Jags. I know a guy who has the SUV and has had nothing but good things to say, but still... just worried it's gonna disintegrate.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot, we also get this:
porsche-model.png

Egad that thing is sexy.

ive had two audi wagons. 04 and a 12. A6, 3.0, turbo. torque converters went on both. then i read up on all the attempts at class action suits over the faulty design they kept using (poor quality gaskets that crack). i read stories of new, off the lot, and having the converters go in 40k miles. i wont buy an audi again. they STILL use the same converter design i believe.

dumped my last audi for an infiniti in 2017 and never looked back. audi was by FAR the most fun i ever had driving. 4 door, wagon, go cart.

Audi had it's struggles around the 08/09 line redesign, that's for sure. Not sure if they spread engineering too thin trying to get out 3 SUVs or if they just went too fast trying to make so many models ready for the US market. But that generation (09 - 11) were plagued with issues, and all seemed to be related to shotty internals. And it bled into some 12 models too.

Mine is a 12, but an early one. So I got "lucky" enough to get a leftover engine block from the 2011 issue with the piston rings. It had the new pistons, but the old rings which wore out and started using oil at an alarming rate. I fought forever and finally got Audi to cover 75% (and my local shop did it for that amount, so essentially engine rebuild for free!). I considered it a win because the class action "ended" with the 2011 models. 2012 and later were "fixed".

I am anxiously waiting to see how VW got on with building the Arteon and in two years when my youngest gets this one, I go back to VW after 8 years of Audis. No more wagons for me unless I can find a used Porsche GTS for a fair price that isn't beat to hell.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot, we also get this:
porsche-model.png

Egad that thing is sexy.

Audi had it's struggles around the 08/09 line redesign, that's for sure. Not sure if they spread engineering too thin trying to get out 3 SUVs or if they just went too fast trying to make so many models ready for the US market. But that generation (09 - 11) were plagued with issues, and all seemed to be related to shotty internals. And it bled into some 12 models too.

Mine is a 12, but an early one. So I got "lucky" enough to get a leftover engine block from the 2011 issue with the piston rings. It had the new pistons, but the old rings which wore out and started using oil at an alarming rate. I fought forever and finally got Audi to cover 75% (and my local shop did it for that amount, so essentially engine rebuild for free!). I considered it a win because the class action "ended" with the 2011 models. 2012 and later were "fixed".

I am anxiously waiting to see how VW got on with building the Arteon and in two years when my youngest gets this one, I go back to VW after 8 years of Audis. No more wagons for me unless I can find a used Porsche GTS for a fair price that isn't beat to hell.
rings went on BOTH of mine too. along with the crank case breather intake valve and other annoying things. still the most fun ive ever had driving...and a wagon at that. and quattro...yeah, best AWD option out there. blows my infiniti away, and thats pretty good.

audi makes a very expensive POS.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its funny, my 04...by the end i was getting 16 mpg. 225 HP (without turbo). my infiniti is 310 hp and gets 19.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pebble Beach Auctions are going on. And as usual it's an absolute smorgasbord of automotive pr0n. But RM is selling something that rises above everything else.

RM Sotheby's - 1939 Porsche Type 64 | Monterey 2019

That is Genesis of Porsche racing. Hand Built and driven by Dr Porsche himself. Simultaneously one of the ugliest and most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Also, this straight up oddball:
1955 Porsche Tempo Mikafa Sport Camper | S100 | Monterey 2019 | Mecum Auctions

Company made campers between 55 and 59 and 3 were built as "Sport" models which featured the Porsche flat six engine.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pebble Beach Auctions are going on. And as usual it's an absolute smorgasbord of automotive pr0n. But RM is selling something that rises above everything else.

RM Sotheby's - 1939 Porsche Type 64 | Monterey 2019

That is Genesis of Porsche racing. Hand Built and driven by Dr Porsche himself. Simultaneously one of the ugliest and most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Also, this straight up oddball:
1955 Porsche Tempo Mikafa Sport Camper | S100 | Monterey 2019 | Mecum Auctions

Company made campers between 55 and 59 and 3 were built as "Sport" models which featured the Porsche flat six engine.
Too bad they botched the auction.

Porsche 911's early ancestor could be most valuable Porsche ever sold - CNN

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driver walked away

Why they placed a curb on the outside of a turn that those cars go through at close to 200MPH, I will never understand. WTF did they think would happen?

That dude needs to play the lottery. I was watching live and thought for sure he was a goner.