• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs - Round 1 - Hawks vs Preds

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the Blues beating Minny, the Hawks are locked in to play Nashville.

I believe that home ice can still be decided if (1) the Hawks beat the Avs and (2) Nashville loses to Dallas in regulation. We'd both end up with 104 points, but the Hawks would win the head-to-head record beating the Preds 3-1 in the season series.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the poor showing in Colorado guaranteed Nashville home ice.

Toews rested, Keith rested, Teuvo seemed to be double shifting with the top line with Hossa and Saad and fourth line, guess at least Q wanted Teuvo to keep his play time with the fourth line.

Guess they actually ran out of bodies to give Hossa a night off.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some predictions from the so-called "experts."

CBS' Adam Gretz - Hawks in 7 games.
CBS' Chris Peters - Hawks in 6 games.
Bleacher Report - Hawks.
ESPN - Hawks in 6 games.
TSN - Hawks in 6 games.
NHL's Adam Kimelman - Hawks.
NHL's Mike Morreale - Hawks.
NHL's Shawn Roarke - Hawks.
NHL's Kathrn Tappen - Hawks.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a few sites claiming Kaner is cleared to play game 1, he has been shooting hard including slapshots for two weeks now. Really need his poise on the power play, its been terrible. Nobody has really stepped up.

Vermette could be the wild card in this series, possibly finally finding his game and getting some points. He will still get paid handsomely, but didnt finish the year well when he was not the best player on the team.

Dont know where Richards and Timonen are right now, Hawks called up Cumiskey and Raanta late yesterday. I really liked Kyles game and some scoring from the back end would really be nice.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not official yet. Hopefully we'll know more today.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun times said Kane skated well with Versteeg and Richards. Also noted that with Kane back that Vermette and Desjardins were both outside looking in. Neither skated on the top 4 lines Monday, Timonen was with Rosie on the third pair. Seems like they are looking for a spark when they decide to dress Vermette or Desjardins, or possibly the biggest spark with Kaner.

I still think Vermette has more over Richards, definitely more over Versteeg, just hopefully Q doesnt wait too long to sit Versteeg like he did last year. Really surprised Vermette didnt get more PK chances, he seems like one of those players that uses the PK for motivation.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, they had this little geeky beat writer for the predators on CSN this morning, said Nashville is happy with the way they are playing. What did they lose 11 out of the last 15 games? Current 6 game losing streak for a team that doesnt have that playoff experience?

I sure hope the hawks dont look past them.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
150415-buzz-nsh-header.jpg

Kinda scary how the PK dropped from first in the league to 8th among the playoff teams. Definitely need to get both sides of short handed working again.

Nashville taking big steps worried about the hawks fans in attendance.

Whoever gets in that arena, make us proud!!!!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terrible start to this one... Rozsival has been a liability for the past month. Lookin better in 2nd. Can't believe they sat Crawford this early.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied UP!! That's a great 2nd period! Preds are taking dumb penalties. Love it!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Scott! Kaner with a couple assists, Toews with a goal, Keith with game winner! Gotta love playoff hockey!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm exhausted. Is the series over yet?!?!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
terrible start to this one... Rozsival has been a liability for the past month. Lookin better in 2nd. Can't believe they sat Crawford this early.

Rosie and Timo were terrible for the most part. But honestly, that misstep by Rosie, to me it looked like Keith had the angle and was cutting across which meant Rosie would have been responsible for the middle. Think it was more a lack of communication.
Later in the game I saw the same basic play and Keith kept going and easily took the puck away. Thats more of what I saw anyway to bail Rosie out.

What a game though, I am not sure defense really stepped up in the second or the 4 power plays just kept the predators in their zone more that Darling only got to see 4 shots, but that third period is one of the best goaltending periods we might ever see.

I was waiting for the hawks to shoot at the open net when Rinne was leaving early constantly, but I think they are saving that for a later game so he does not fix his mistakes early in the series.

Hot goaltender or back to Corey is the debate today. Hot hands usually stick in the playoffs, but would Crow come off the bench and play that well if needed is the question for me. Crow has responded to being pulled before, but when those boards aree Detroitesque, a goalie needs to stay home. Two softies one no chance redirect vs 42 straight high pressure saves.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot goaltender or back to Corey is the debate today. Hot hands usually stick in the playoffs, but would Crow come off the bench and play that well if needed is the question for me. Crow has responded to being pulled before, but when those boards aree Detroitesque, a goalie needs to stay home. Two softies one no chance redirect vs 42 straight high pressure saves.

I think you have to go back to Crow. A second bad game and perhaps Darling gets a start.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to go back to Crow. A second bad game and perhaps Darling gets a start.

I think thats what Q ends up doing too. Worst case you still stole home ice. Nobody has faced a Weber blast yet, I think Crow has that edge on that match up.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed Crow will start Gm 2. That's the right move. I'm still new to the game so don't see some of the off puck moves and plays that would explain some of the defensive lapses.
The more I've played the past month the more I'm picking up when watching Hawks games. I'm addicted to this game now. Playoff hockey is amazing to watch. I did a learn to skate and played a little pond when I was a kid, but College football scholarships and baseball took over. Wish I stuck with hockey too. Still loving this.
Darlings 3+ periods were insane.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why there was even any controversy, three stars for the first game was Keith, Wilson and Toews. What were they watching?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping to catch an explanation of Keith's "tackle" in overtime.

But no news outlets, or even the NHL Network said anything about the "no call" which should have at least given the Preds a PP, if not a penalty shot? I wonder if the refs' interpretation was that the puck-carrier lost control of the puck before Keith appeared to tackle him to the ice?