• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2015 Giants Prediction Thread

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sitting here during Spring Break and thought "Why not make a predictions thread. It either goes well, people enjoy looking back at it and have fun or it fails horribly, people hate it and....I'm just going to pull a B.O.B and think positive :)

Predictions
Record:
82-80
Position in West: Third (10 GB of LAD)
Team MVP: Buster Posey
Biggest Surprise: Justin Maxwell (think he surpasses Aoki)
Most Disappointing: Casey McGehee
Biggest Rookie Impact: Matt Duffy
Biggest In-Season Trade: Santiago Casilla
How many games does Pagan play? 85

Bumgarner:
203 IP, 205 H's, 201 K's, 3.21 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 14 Wins
Cain: 178 IP, 150 H's, 132 K's, 3.72 ERA, 1.22 WHIP
Peavy: 174 IP, 180 H's, 146 K's, 3.94 ERA, 1.31 WHIP
Posey: .303 BA, .382 OBP, 20 HR's, 76 RBI's
Pence: .268 BA, .327 OBP, 15 HR's, 64 RBI's
Belt: .270 BA, .350 OBP, 26 HR's, 70 RBI's

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you see us as sellers at the deadline, thus KCYa getting dealt? 82 wins I doubt equates to a playoff berth...

So how, exactly, does that qualify as a BoB post?? :)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions
Record:
86-76
Position in West: Second (6 GB of LAD)
Team MVP: Brandon Belt
Biggest Surprise: Casey McGehee
Most Disappointing: Joe Panik (I actually have faith in him, but I also think our (my) expectations are a bit high)
Biggest Rookie Impact: Parker (maybe Carbonell or Mac -- I think we will have a need in the OF, and one of the power guys will need to step up)
Biggest In-Season Trade: Susac
How many games does Pagan play? 70 (if that many)

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you see us as sellers at the deadline, thus KCYa getting dealt? 82 wins I doubt equates to a playoff berth...

So how, exactly, does that qualify as a BoB post?? :)

Oh, I mean a B.O.B positive thought by ignoring chance this thread bombs haha.

No B.O.B. prediction here :)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd place. 77 and 85 as the complete lack of offense finally wears down an aging pitching staff. 18 games behind the Dodgers and 15 behind the Padres.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict that there is no prediction. Ride the wind and explore the window of greatness. Magical fucking exploration of the universe..I will continue to throw positive vibes into the milky way. Let a black hole swallow it up..and burp up another Championship. I am hoping for the first repeat WS Champion to come out of the NL since 1975. It's a tall order..but I believe ..and to believe is a magical amazing thing. I am going to ride this ride until the carnival rider stops the ride and tells me to get off and go home.

Go Giants !!

:suds::2cents::clap:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions
Record:
90-72
Position in West: Second (2 GB of LAD)
Biggest Surprise: Nori Aoki
Most Disappointing: Casey McGeehee
Biggest Rookie Impact: Duffy
Biggest In-Season Trade: Crick
How many games does Pagan play? 120

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow tzill almost BoB-like optimism!

85-77
2nd in west 9 back of LA
Team MVP: Belt and Bumgarner
Big surprise: Tim Lincecum
Big disappointment: Hudson
Big rookie: Maxwell
Big in season trade: Hector and Crick package
Pagan plays?: 115

Could go a lot of ways of course, this team could win 73 it could win 92 depending on health, in season deals, etc.

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Predictions
Record:
94-68
Position in West: 1st 6 games ahead of SD
Team MVP: Matt Cain
Biggest Surprise: Duffy takes starting 3B by June 1
Most Disappointing: McGehee,Aoki,Hudson,Peavy 4 way tie
Biggest Rookie Impact: Matt Duffy
Biggest In-Season Trade: Crick,Sanchez for SP
How many games does Pagan play? 125

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I decided to take a shot at some predictions for 2015.

In the AL West I think it might finally be the Angels year with Trout leading the way. The A's will make their run and challenge for the division.

AL West Winner Angels

In the AL Central the Tigers are still the class of the division but their grip on the division is quickly being swallowed up by KC and Cleveland. This is gonna be a dog fight all year. Tigers win but not by very much.

AL Central Winner Tigers

In the AL East I expect the Red Sox to rebound after a poor year. The Yanks will be in play because they can just keep buying players to stay in it. The Orioles will be hungry to make a statement after their egg in the playoffs. Another tough dog fight and someone is going to miss the playoffs in this division because of the beating up on one another.

AL East Winner Boston

AL Wild Cards KC/Cleveland /Orioles..man it is close.
two teams will get squeezed out. A's get in.

Ok in the NL it's the tale of three cities. SF..LA..and Wash

NL East Winner ..Washington's year to dominate the division and run away. Matt Williams learned a few things last year in the playoffs and will not repeat those mistakes again. Washington is the team to beat.

NL Central It's St. Louis and Pittsburgh..Atlanta is not the same as before and the Cubs will end up being the Cubs fading in that summer sun. A close race and the Pirates win the fight for this division.

NL Central Winner.. Pittsburgh

NL West gets interesting with SD throwing their ball into the ring. I still have to believe in my Giants to find a way and squeak out the Division in the final days of the season. L.A. will give the Giants all they can handle ..but it takes big ballz to win it all and the Dodgers fall short. BEAT L.A. !!!

NL West Winner..3 Time Champions YOUR SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS !

NL Wild Cards St. Louis and L.A.

Playoffs Boston has to get past the Angels or Tigers and Giants have to nut up once again to get by Wash or Dodgers. Man, Wash will be real tough this year.

AL Champions Boston

NL Champions Giants

My oh my what a dream WS that would be. I wish I wish upon a star.Pablo gets a AL Ring but the Giants take home the real thing.

WS Champions...YOUR 4 Time WS Champions ...SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

Ya gotta believe !

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Last edited:
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I decided to take a shot at some predictions for 2015.

In the AL West I think it might finally be the Angels year with Trout leading the way. The A's will make their run and challenge for the division.

AL West Winner Angels (WRONG)

In the AL Central the Tigers are still the class of the division but their grip on the division is quickly being swallowed up by KC and Cleveland. This is gonna be a dog fight all year. Tigers win but not by very much.

AL Central Winner Tigers (WRONG)

In the AL East I expect the Red Sox to rebound after a poor year. The Yanks will be in play because they can just keep buying players to stay in it. The Orioles will be hungry to make a statement after their egg in the playoffs. Another tough dog fight and someone is going to miss the playoffs in this division because of the beating up on one another.

AL East Winner Boston (WRONG)

AL Wild Cards KC/Cleveland /Orioles..man it is close.
two teams will get squeezed out. A's get in. (WRONG)

Ok in the NL it's the tale of three cities. SF..LA..and Wash

NL East Winner ..Washington's year to dominate the division and run away. Matt Williams learned a few things last year in the playoffs and will not repeat those mistakes again. Washington is the team to beat. (WRONG)

NL Central It's St. Louis and Pittsburgh..Atlanta is not the same as before and the Cubs will end up being the Cubs fading in that summer sun. A close race and the Pirates win the fight for this division.

NL Central Winner.. Pittsburgh (WRONG, but close)

NL West gets interesting with SD throwing their ball into the ring. (What does that even mean, I thought it was throwing ones HAT into the ring.) I still have to believe in my Giants to find a way and squeak out the Division in the final days of the season. (Good call on the tight race until the end) L.A. will give the Giants all they can handle ..but it takes big ballz to win it all and the Dodgers fall short. BEAT L.A. !!!

NL West Winner..3 Time Champions YOUR SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ! (Alas, WRONG)

NL Wild Cards St. Louis and L.A. (WRONG)

Playoffs Boston has to get past the Angels or Tigers and Giants have to nut up once again to get by Wash or Dodgers. Man, Wash will be real tough this year.

AL Champions Boston (Way WRONG)

NL Champions Giants (Sadly, WRONG)

My oh my what a dream WS that would be. I wish I wish upon a star.Pablo gets a AL Ring but the Giants take home the real thing.

WS Champions...YOUR 4 Time WS Champions ...SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS

Ya gotta believe !

Go Giants !! (CORRECT!!)

:suds::clap:

Sorta miss BoB's enthusiasms. When he is wrong, he is quite sure about it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some VERY nice predictions here. McGehee was pretty much picked across the board as the big face-plant and going along with that, Duffy being the big rookie. Most of us had the Giants sitting at low-mid 80 wins, so we got that as well.

We know this team too well...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta miss BoB's enthusiasms. When he is wrong, he is quite sure about it.
I cant stand 100% pessimism and I cant stand 100% optimism. You cant have any discussions with that. BoB is almost as bad as NN, IMHO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions
Record:
86-76
Position in West: Second (6 GB of LAD)
Biggest Surprise: Casey McGehee
Most Disappointing: Joe Panik (I actually have faith in him, but I also think our (my) expectations are a bit high)
Biggest Rookie Impact: Parker (maybe Carbonell or Mac -- I think we will have a need in the OF, and one of the power guys will need to step up)
Biggest In-Season Trade: Susac
How many games does Pagan play? 70 (if that many)
I was pretty close on the record.

I was almost perfect on our place and games back.

MVP and surprise I missed.

Disappointing was wrong, but could be defended given that there is an outside chance that Panik's career may effectively be over due to the back (my words, not based on anything I have seen or heard).

Rookie, I did not name Duffy or Heston or Tomlinson, but naming Parker, I will take a pat on the back for.

Overall, my predictions were quite... sorry :(