• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Season - Post-Mortem

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, no one takes Kinsler off your hands, you're pretty much stuck with him, at least not in the sense you get anything sort of value for him, unless you eat almost his whole contract

Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree
If you really want to trade Kinsler you should talk to the Yankees. They don't want to pay 300 million for Cano. Kinsler is a HELL of a lot cheaper.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really want to trade Kinsler you should talk to the Yankees. They don't want to pay 300 million for Cano. Kinsler is a HELL of a lot cheaper.

A lot cheaper but a lot less productive to boot, does trading for Kinsler really help them much in the long run?

But for the Rangers is you get the Yanks to take on most of the contract and get back a decent prospect, you do it for sure

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot cheaper but a lot less productive to boot, does trading for Kinsler really help them much in the long run?

But for the Rangers is you get the Yanks to take on most of the contract and get back a decent prospect, you do it for sure
A good portion of the fanbase is hell bent on shipping Kins because they are worried about payroll. Personally, I am not one of them, but that is an option for the people begging for it. Kins would do well in that stadium though. It would be weird as hell seeing him in Pinstripes...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good portion of the fanbase is hell bent on shipping Kins because they are worried about payroll. Personally, I am not one of them, but that is an option for the people begging for it. Kins would do well in that stadium though. It would be weird as hell seeing him in Pinstripes...

I'm hell bent on sending kinsler packing because of Profar and what Kinsler is. IMO, Kinsler has to be moved, even taking a bullpen arm in return or an arm prospect. His time in Texas should be up.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hell bent on sending kinsler packing because of Profar and what Kinsler is. IMO, Kinsler has to be moved, even taking a bullpen arm in return or an arm prospect. His time in Texas should be up.
You really think Profar is going to match Kins' worst offensive numbers? I know he won't touch his best. His ceiling is probably 15 homers .800 ops and that might not be for a few more years.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think Profar is going to match Kins' worst offensive numbers? I know he won't touch his best. His ceiling is probably 15 homers .800 ops and that might not be for a few more years.

wait....did you just say Profar's ceiling is 15/800 and YOU KNOW he won't touch Kinsler's best year?
Wow....you just can't help yourself when I post.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait....did you just say Profar's ceiling is 15/800 and YOU KNOW he won't touch Kinsler's best year?
Wow....you just can't help yourself when I post.
You are wrong if you honestly think Profar can match or even top Kinsler's best offensive season. At best and I mean at the very best he might one day hit 20 homers in a season. And for a MIF that's a really damn good year. You are the one hell bent on having Kinsler moved. So you better be sure Profar can replace that production.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong if you honestly think Profar can match or even top Kinsler's best offensive season. At best and I mean at the very best he might one day hit 20 homers in a season. And for a MIF that's a really damn good year. You are the one hell bent on having Kinsler moved. So you better be sure Profar can replace that production.

must be your magic 8 ball at work cause you are talking out your ass again. Your lovefest for certain players is over the top.

Profar is still the same talent he was two years ago. Your assumption based on this year that you know what he'll become is comical.

I'm wrong thinking profar won't ever hit 319? You are outta your mind here. Maybe Profar won't hit 250 and 32 bombers but he'll have a much better major league career with health than your boy. Defensively there is no comparison.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
must be your magic 8 ball at work cause you are talking out your ass again. Your lovefest for certain players is over the top.

Profar is still the same talent he was two years ago. Your assumption based on this year that you know what he'll become is comical.

I'm wrong thinking profar won't ever hit 319? You are outta your mind here. Maybe Profar won't hit 250 and 32 bombers but he'll have a much better major league career with health than your boy. Defensively there is no comparison.
Batting average is largely irrelevant to overall production, so I have no clue why you choose that ONE state to hang your hat on here. He will never hit 30 home runs and steal 30 bases in the same season. I want to see Profar thrive as a Ranger. You don't have to ship Kinsler for that to happen. I would be thrilled if Profar had a triple slash of .280/.350/.450. I love the kid, but I am totally realistic about his skill set. You are expecting him to be Manny Machado out there, and there is nothing that exists that suggest he can do that right away.

His tools have never had him hitting more than 20 homers a year. That's never been discussed. In fact his tools are very good across the board. He will be

And this "your boy" shit. Kinsler has earned my respect as a player. No clue what you are talking about though. Kinsler has put up 29.1 fWAR in his first 1066 games played. I would love to see Profar surpass that total, but I don't see him putting up 30 wins the next 900+ games in his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batting average is largely irrelevant to overall production, so I have no clue why you choose that ONE state to hang your hat on here. He will never hit 30 home runs and steal 30 bases in the same season. I want to see Profar thrive as a Ranger. You don't have to ship Kinsler for that to happen. I would be thrilled if Profar had a triple slash of .280/.350/.450. I love the kid, but I am totally realistic about his skill set. You are expecting him to be Manny Machado out there, and there is nothing that exists that suggest he can do that right away.

His tools have never had him hitting more than 20 homers a year. That's never been discussed. In fact his tools are very good across the board. He will be

And this "your boy" shit. Kinsler has earned my respect as a player. No clue what you are talking about though. Kinsler has put up 29.1 fWAR in his first 1066 games played. I would love to see Profar surpass that total, but I don't see him putting up 30 wins the next 900+ games in his career.

you remain the only person saying what Profar won't be....now, it's Manny Machado. Those 32 HR days are gone and Lord knows it's not because Kinsler changed his approach. Profar is clearly the all around better player going forward. kinsler remains a 260 hitter with a two cent head and a suspect ML mif glove that appears will struggle himself to hit 20 plus HR's. NOT Logical to see him at 1B.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you remain the only person saying what Profar won't be....now, it's Manny Machado. Those 32 HR days are gone and Lord knows it's not because Kinsler changed his approach. Profar is clearly the all around better player going forward. kinsler remains a 260 hitter with a two cent head and a suspect ML mif glove that appears will struggle himself to hit 20 plus HR's. NOT Logical to see him at 1B.
Go read some scouts...I don't base this on my own observations. I've read several scouting reports about Profar. Some have him being Barry Larkin at best and others have him being a little better than Andrus offensively. You act like I just make this stuff up...

And you didn't say going forward. You said Profar will have a better career than Kinsler. That very clearly remains to be seen. I hope he does, that would be huge for Texas. I also hope if they move him that the guy they get back is better as well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go read some scouts...I don't base this on my own observations. I've read several scouting reports about Profar. Some have him being Barry Larkin at best and others have him being a little better than Andrus offensively. You act like I just make this stuff up...

And you didn't say going forward. You said Profar will have a better career than Kinsler. That very clearly remains to be seen. I hope he does, that would be huge for Texas. I also hope if they move him that the guy they get back is better as well.

Look.....I happen to think people don't always play to the lables others put on them. I'm glad you formed your opinion on other options but I still disagree. You also remain the only person saying what somebody will be or not be.....least I have a body of work from Mr. Kinsler to help form my opinion.

yes sir....I clearly said profar will be better than kinsler and it was you...again, taking issue and talking magic 8 ball or other opinions as if I'm sure wrong. get over yourself.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look.....I happen to think people don't always play to the lables others put on them. I'm glad you formed your opinion on other options but I still disagree. You also remain the only person saying what somebody will be or not be.....least I have a body of work from Mr. Kinsler to help form my opinion.

yes sir....I clearly said profar will be better than kinsler and it was you...again, taking issue and talking magic 8 ball or other opinions as if I'm sure wrong. get over yourself.
None of these are magic 8 ball predictions. They are based entirely off available data and scouting reports. Can he put up one or two outlier seasons? Sure, just like any player can, but to expect it is unwise. It's rational and logical to expect him to be in the 15 home run and .750 OPS range. That's a very good though if he does. It's just a lot to expect that right away. It might take him a couple of seasons to build to that, and it's okay if it does.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these are magic 8 ball predictions. They are based entirely off available data and scouting reports. Can he put up one or two outlier seasons? Sure, just like any player can, but to expect it is unwise. It's rational and logical to expect him to be in the 15 home run and .750 OPS range. That's a very good though if he does. It's just a lot to expect that right away. It might take him a couple of seasons to build to that, and it's okay if it does.

Sir....not one person said the kid would step right in and challenge for a spot on the All Star team, however I couldn't rule that out. I'm just talking about my opinion of what makes this team better. I don't think that includes Kinsler and should include Profar. Now....we can tap dance another 20 posts or table it and look for bragging rights in the coming seasons. It appears you have no other place to be but here determining who posts unwisely and who is rational.

I happen to think highly of smart baseball players and seldom get caught up in war like stats as the end all of opinions. Review what those experts said about Kinsler when he first came up. I'd say he has played beyond that in many areas. You just don't know. I remain extremely high on Profar and would rather take less for Kinsler than Profar in a trade. I think we have seen the best from Ian Kinsler and just tapped the surface on profar.

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

And yes, even Daniels has admitted that he was caught off guard by Schuerholz's offer for Teixeira which was loaded with prospects. JD was most certainly in the right place at the right time there. My point is that he wasn't some evil genius who brilliantly brokered the deal of a lifetime to build a contender but rather someone who was in the right place to capitalize on another GM's win-now screw the future over zealous offer.
He deserves praise for it, but some like to portray it as only a move he could have made.

Agree with this although this was Schuerholz's Swan Song as GM. He wanted to go out with a bang. And
from what I remember Tex delivered like a mother fooker. That deal would not normally be made by
Schuerholz if he stayed on as GM as he's smarter than that. Right time, right place and it made Daniels look like a genius. I'm not taking anything away from Daniels, it's just the way I saw what was happening at the time.

Daniels is a good GM but I'm just wondering if he has the ability to put together a team that can blast off at the right time. Case in point the last 3 years, the Giants, Cards and now the Dodgers. The last two Septembers have been pathetic for the Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers are going to pull the trigger on a big deal this winter, I believe either Kinsler or Profar are gone, it just depends on the package. I expect them to be big players, it's obvious 163 games left a bitter taste