• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 MN Twins

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to kick off a new thread for a new season.

Post number 5 K! :yahoo:

Happy opening day! :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Time to kick off a new thread for a new season.

Post number 5 K for me. :yahoo:

Happy opening day! :suds:

Grats on 5K

We will see how tough these guys are today. I remember well how bad that bat would sting you, if you caught a pitch in on the handle at 30 degrees. Of course that was with an aluminum bat. Probably not as bad with a wood bat?

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander is a tough hand to be dealt on opening day.

Hopefully M&M can have some good AB's against him.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You would have to mention Verlander. I'm gonna watch the game with my main baseball posse and, of course, one of them is a lunatic Tiger fan. I'd love to see the Twins pound the Tigers today and then watch my pal curl up in the fetal position under the bar. Har, har!

Btw - It's close to 80 degs., with a nice breeze and occasional clouds, a perfect day to sit in an outside sports pub watching the Twins! (Just thought you guys would like to know...tee, hee.)

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It looked like Worley was just a little shaky to start out then settled right in. 3 runs through 6 innings, not too bad for early in the season. He gives the team a chance, can't ask for much more than that. Now get those bats going and pick him up!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ugh.....Twins leave the bases loaded 2 innings in a row, scoring 1 run in each. I think I've seen this episode before.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They are who we thought they were.

I like the early posting, PC! A very good work ethic on your part.

Brrr....68 degrees right now so I had to wear a long-sleeved t-shirt to get to coffee with my morning posse. How 'bout up there?

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14 degrees and still some snow on the ground.

The good news is that once it all melts, my house will still be there. :wink:

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, we took our medicine and dealt with Verlander. Glad that's over.

I would think chances will have to be better up against Anibal Sanchez tomorrow.

Not sure what to expect out of Correia.. :scratch:

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yesterday was a better day for the Twins. Lets hope they continue that trend today.

Come on Gardy, get after it!

Yep, new day today!

Its good to see Mauer in the 2 hole.
I've been saying to put him there for 2 years, and now that he is there it just proves that I know everything and you guys don't! :laugh3: (Sorry fellas, I just couldn't resist)

I like the "Twins" philosophy on working at-bats, and working the count, but this team takes it to a whole nother level. In the opener with guys on base and their "big bats" coming to the plate they watched very hittable pitches go by then had to settle for swinging at some off speed breaking pitch later in the at-bat. It would just be nice to see Mauer, Morneau, and Willy smash that grooved fastball once in a while even when they are ahead in the count. They are good hitters, and when they get a B.P. style pitch they can do some damage. With the pitching as a question mark, we need to compensate somehow, and being a little more aggressive with our good hitters may be part of the answer. :2cents:
A wise man once said the bat is a weapon, use it that way!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, new day today!

Its good to see Mauer in the 2 hole.
I've been saying to put him there for 2 years, and now that he is there it just proves that I know everything and you guys don't! :laugh3: (Sorry fellas, I just couldn't resist)

I like the "Twins" philosophy on working at-bats, and working the count, but this team takes it to a whole nother level. In the opener with guys on base and their "big bats" coming to the plate they watched very hittable pitches go by then had to settle for swinging at some off speed breaking pitch later in the at-bat. It would just be nice to see Mauer, Morneau, and Willy smash that grooved fastball once in a while even when they are ahead in the count. They are good hitters, and when they get a B.P. style pitch they can do some damage. With the pitching as a question mark, we need to compensate somehow, and being a little more aggressive with our good hitters may be part of the answer. :2cents:
A wise man once said the bat is a weapon, use it that way!

You're right jr, but I'm thinking it's more like the only answer.. lol

Swing away boys!