• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Deutsche Bank Championship Thread

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early but I figured I would start this thread...

Who wins it this year?

I have been to the course once as I marshaled the 6th hole (and once again will be this year) and it's been a blast and the course is in great shape! It's a Biatch of a walk from the 9th (volunteers tent) to the 6th hole however.... But its a good work-out!

Which player drops out if any? Will Ian Poulter ask me to kick out a fan again?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Woods is complaining that he has had a bad back since the PGA and that was why he played so shitty. I'll take Kuchar.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I will be rooting for Kuchar myself! Dustin Johnson should be someone to watch as well.

Sleeper pick: D.A. Points

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I will be rooting for Kuchar myself! Dustin Johnson should be someone to watch as well.

D.A. Points...no idea how this kid got so good. I've played alot of golf with DA back in college, we always got paired with Illinois. He was always one of the better B1G players but he was nothing special. Now he's pretty fucking good...wtf DA?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's something about D.A. Points that I don't like. I can't put my finger on it.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Woods is complaining that he has had a bad back since the PGA and that was why he played so shitty. I'll take Kuchar.

I read that too, but he was able to shot 67. Not too bad. I like Matt and remember watching him before he turned pro. Really nice guy. I just don't think he will be able to pull it off. I think it will be Tiger for the win.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that too, but he was able to shot 67. Not too bad. I like Matt and remember watching him before he turned pro. Really nice guy. I just don't think he will be able to pull it off. I think it will be Tiger for the win.

It was a pre-emptive excuse in case he continued his shitty play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Matt was kind of a quiet guy @ GT...I always thought Duval, Molder would be the big guns on tour from GT, but Cink turned out okay, and Kuchar has been the best of all of them imo.

I liked his swing better back then when he played the Masters as an amateur...so flat now for a tall guy (like me), but it's working.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt was kind of a quiet guy @ GT...I always thought Duval, Molder would be the big guns on tour from GT, but Cink turned out okay, and Kuchar has been the best of all of them imo.

I liked his swing better back then when he played the Masters as an amateur...so flat now for a tall guy (like me), but it's working.

Duval was the best in the game for a year or two. Its a shame what happened to him. Remember all the grief he took for wearing shades on the course? Everyone wears them now it seems.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duval was the best in the game for a year or two. Its a shame what happened to him. Remember all the grief he took for wearing shades on the course? Everyone wears them now it seems.

He was...what do you think happened to him?

There's the fitness craze theory, changed his body type so drastically and lost his swing, and the heartbreak theory (that's the one I believe).

DD always had a little rebel in him...kind of spoke his mind...I really think when that girl he was engaged to spurned him right before they were to get married, he kind of went into a shell. Had a ton of money (just had signed a big deal with Nike), #1 in the world, taking out Tiger, and she yanked the rug from under him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was...what do you think happened to him?

There's the fitness craze theory, changed his body type so drastically and lost his swing, and the heartbreak theory (that's the one I believe).

DD always had a little rebel in him...kind of spoke his mind...I really think when that girl he was engaged to spurned him right before they were to get married, he kind of went into a shell. Had a ton of money (just had signed a big deal with Nike), #1 in the world, taking out Tiger, and she yanked the rug from under him.

I'm not sure. He had a lot of injuries but I thought he was always kind of a fragile guy mentally. Its a mystery. When I see interviews with him now he always seems like he is trying to convince himself that he is happy away from golf. Not sure I believe that, but maybe its true. I loved his game though and his assassin-like temperment on the course.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. He had a lot of injuries but I thought he was always kind of a fragile guy mentally. Its a mystery. When I see interviews with him now he always seems like he is trying to convince himself that he is happy away from golf. Not sure I believe that, but maybe its true. I loved his game though and his assassin-like temperment on the course.

It's my understanding David had back problems and had a surgery or two and he never recovered fully. On top of all this, the guy has put on a lot of weight which hasn't helped him.

As for women and golf, Sergio fell apart when his lady left him and from what I hear, the same is happening to Rory. I am not 100% convinced about Rory because I am a firm believer that his play dropped greatly from switching clubs, Titleist to Nike. Tiger struggled when he made the switch as well.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't get me wrong, I really am a big fan of Matt and would love for the guy to win. He hangs in there till the end, but doesn't seem to have enough to excel himself past everyone on the final day.

As for me picking Tiger, well I am taking that off the table. Today showed me he doesn't have it in him. I am sure he will blame it on an injury and will take more time off now to recover unless someone pays him an appearance fee.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a pre-emptive excuse in case he continued his shitty play.

Give it a rest. Cmon - Tiger obviously had real back problems & pain. Your hatred blinds you to actual facts. You may hate Tiger for whatever reason, but I would hope that you at least respected his toughness during the last 4-5 holes today. He was one ball turn away from a playoff. A lot of people would have simply walked off the course if they went through what he did on the back nine. Back pain is not easy to deal with especially at their level.

Congrats to Scott.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I really am a big fan of Matt and would love for the guy to win. He hangs in there till the end, but doesn't seem to have enough to excel himself past everyone on the final day.

As for me picking Tiger, well I am taking that off the table. Today showed me he doesn't have it in him. I am sure he will blame it on an injury and will take more time off now to recover unless someone pays him an appearance fee.

Yep - Kuchar was a train wreck today along with a lot of other golfers on the back nine. Woodland should have won that tourney going away but couldn't make even the most basic putts on the back nine. Probably just goes to show why some of these guys will never take it to the next level.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a rest. Cmon - Tiger obviously had real back problems & pain. Your hatred blinds you to actual facts. You may hate Tiger for whatever reason, but I would hope that you at least respected his toughness during the last 4-5 holes today. He was one ball turn away from a playoff. A lot of people would have simply walked off the course if they went through what he did on the back nine. Back pain is not easy to deal with especially at their level.

Congrats to Scott.

He's a frickin drama queen. The replay showed he was just fine until he saw his ball go in the water then he drops to his knees. get the hell out of here Woods. Good lord I detest this a hole.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodland had 4 excellent opportunities for birdie on the back nine and missed them all. He blew it big time. And can someone please explain what his thinking was pulling out a driver with a pond only 310 yards away? He could hit 3-wood and 6 iron to that hole and two-putt for birdie. I don't get it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my understanding David had back problems and had a surgery or two and he never recovered fully. On top of all this, the guy has put on a lot of weight which hasn't helped him.

As for women and golf, Sergio fell apart when his lady left him and from what I hear, the same is happening to Rory. I am not 100% convinced about Rory because I am a firm believer that his play dropped greatly from switching clubs, Titleist to Nike. Tiger struggled when he made the switch as well.

I didn't know that tennis player left McElroy? I thought they were saying that he was spending too much time with her instead of practicing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - Kuchar was a train wreck today along with a lot of other golfers on the back nine. Woodland should have won that tourney going away but couldn't make even the most basic putts on the back nine. Probably just goes to show why some of these guys will never take it to the next level.

I was very disappointed to see Chappel pack it in after that awful double bogey as well. but Kuchar going from -12 to -4 in a span of 7 holes was inexplicable. That was a very odd 20-30 minutes of golf there at the end. I thought I was watching an amateur tourney.