• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Regular Season Awards

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP: Peyton Manning, Jamaal Charles, Russell Wilson somewhere, Philip Rivers (fourth-place means nothing), Foles should be considered for 4/5th.

Coach: Andy Reid, Pete Carroll, John Harbaugh (both brothers actually made well with who they had), John Fox, Bruce Arians, Rivera, Bill Bellicheat (there are a lot of people in the running for placement, not necessarily first.)

Rookie: Allen, Reid, I don't really follow this.

Defensive: Dan Quinn, Rob Ryan (just for further exposing Dallas Cowboys)

Rookie Coach of the Year: (A little biased) Mike McCoy

Comeback Player of the Year: Philip Rivers (Does he qualify? Or is an injury a prerequisite?)

Special Teams Coach: Dave Toub
Non-QB Offensive MVP: Jamal Charles, LeSean McCoy

Defensive MVP: I don't know, Graziano (ESPN) has Earl Thomas, Dontari Poe, Sherman

My vote for Comeback Player of the Year would be Philip Rivers.

CBSSports disagrees. Alex Smith is CBSSports.com's Comeback Player of the Year

Even as a fan of his, my vote would not go to him.

Who would you guys vote for?

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed my mind. I think that Cam Newton might get the award for Comeback Player of the Year, if injury is not required in the voters' minds.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keenan Allen got robbed.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much a joke Bowman didn't get a single vote. WTF!

Last edited by a moderator:

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuechly wasn't even the best ILB this year. Screw this shit

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman had 145 tackles, five sacks, nine passes defensed, two interceptions, one touchdown and four forced fumbles.

Kuechly had 156 tackles, two sacks, seven passes defensed, four interceptions, no touchdowns and no forced fumbles.

:wtf2: :omg: :lame:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is ridiculous!! Another all time great who got robbed:

Marvin Harrison - WR - Colts

Ex-Colts WR Marvin Harrison failed to earn a first-ballot Hall of Fame selection on Saturday.

The selection committee essentially chose veteran HOF candidate Andre Reed instead. We don't necessarily have a problem with Reed getting in, but Harrison was more deserving. Whereas Reed made seven Pro Bowl teams but earned zero All-Pro berths across 16 NFL seasons, Harrison went to Honolulu eight times and was a three-time All Pro as a 13-year player. In their primes, there's no question Harrison was a more dominant wideout. Reed was a compiler. Harrison should at very worst be a second-ballot HOFer.

Feb 1 - 8:57 PM

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman had 145 tackles, five sacks, nine passes defensed, two interceptions, one touchdown and four forced fumbles.

Kuechly had 156 tackles, two sacks, seven passes defensed, four interceptions, no touchdowns and no forced fumbles.

They were pretty even honestly. I would say that Bowman's TD might give him a slight edge in my book.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were pretty even honestly. I would say that Bowman's TD might give him a slight edge in my book.

9 more tackles and two more INTs >= 3 more sacks, 2 more passes defended, and four more forced fumbles? And the tie breaker is one TD? (That was one great TD, though.)

I feel Bowman beat him before that TD.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Vaccaro get four votes and Reid gets zero?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How does Vaccaro get four votes and Reid gets zero?

Last year, my safety ranking was something like this:

1.) Vaccaro
2.) Mathieu (and this was way before draft analyst were projecting him as a safety)
3.) Reid
4.) Cyprien
5.) Rambo

Despite what you guys think of Reid in comparison to Vaccaro and Mathieu, if the draft were held again tomorrow, I would still take them ahead of Reid. A lot of you are overly bias without taking consideration on how well those other guys played. They played phenomenal as well for their respective teams, but most of you would not know this because you don't watch a full Saints or Cardinals game. Some of Reid's best game of the season came in when he had a very quiet outing (for instance the first Rams' game) on those afternoons. His name wasn't called much but he played extremely well in which he was always in position to take away the deep ball. The same could be said of Kenny and Tyrann…just because you guys didn't see ESPN highlights on them on a given week, that doesn't mean that they did not play a very good game. Mathieu IMO had more notable / individual highlight plays than Reid in 2013. In fairness to Reid, we didn't ask him to play in the box a lot or line up as a nickel as much as Mathieu and Vaccaro (by the way, that was the main reason why I liked those two safeties more than Reid when they were entering the draft last year), therefore Reid was not in position to use his physical prowess to showcase his ability to also make highlight plays. Kenny and Tyran were asked to do a lot for their respective teams, do not discredit that. They had just as good of a year that Eric Reid had and that's with having a bit more responsibilities than Reid when you compare their roles within their respective teams.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous!! Another all time great who got robbed:

Marvin Harrison - WR - Colts

Ex-Colts WR Marvin Harrison failed to earn a first-ballot Hall of Fame selection on Saturday.

The selection committee essentially chose veteran HOF candidate Andre Reed instead. We don't necessarily have a problem with Reed getting in, but Harrison was more deserving. Whereas Reed made seven Pro Bowl teams but earned zero All-Pro berths across 16 NFL seasons, Harrison went to Honolulu eight times and was a three-time All Pro as a 13-year player. In their primes, there's no question Harrison was a more dominant wideout. Reed was a compiler. Harrison should at very worst be a second-ballot HOFer.

Feb 1 - 8:57 PM

ya thats crazy.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he lost to Luke by a vote or two, I probably wouldn't be outraged. However, he didn't get a single vote......not one.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Luke is an assist king. He racks up a ton of assist to inflate his numbers. Bowman murdered him in solo tackles. Far more impressive.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he lost to Luke by a vote or two, I probably wouldn't be outraged. However, he didn't get a single vote......not one.

I agree. Him not getting a single vote is pretty ridiculous.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Never paying attention to this farce of an awards ceremony again.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Last year, my safety ranking was something like this:

1.) Vaccaro
2.) Mathieu (and this was way before draft analyst were projecting him as a safety)
3.) Reid
4.) Cyprien
5.) Rambo

I'm pretty sure you had Cyprien higher than Reid. And you had DJ Swearinger at least equal to Reid.