• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 NFL Prospects (Offesne)

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all expected him to. He would have been the first overall if he would have come out last season. If my team had a 2-8 start, I'd bomb the rest to get him.

The question is, what will Carolina do if it's their pick next year?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few thoughts:

- I enjoy listening to Tony Pauline's podcasts, but he's far from a professional scout, IMO. He does deliver onpoint news updates about prospects, though.

- No Robert Griffin in the top QBs is questionable, especially if he's going to list guys like Kyle Padron and Cody Endres.

- I think Cyrus Gray is rated just right by scouts. He's not going to blow anyone away with his measurables but his inside the Tackles instincts and footwork are second to none.

- Interesting that he doesn't have D.J. Fluker in OL or Ryan Broyles in WRs.

On a related note, I think SportsHoopla needs an NFL Draft section.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all expected him to. He would have been the first overall if he would have come out last season. If my team had a 2-8 start, I'd bomb the rest to get him.

It'll be interesting to see how scouts will start to nitpick his game, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a select few have Barkley or Jones over Luck just to be cute.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A few thoughts:

- I enjoy listening to Tony Pauline's podcasts, but he's far from a professional scout, IMO. He does deliver onpoint news updates about prospects, though.

- No Robert Griffin in the top QBs is questionable, especially if he's going to list guys like Kyle Padron and Cody Endres.

- I think Cyrus Gray is rated just right by scouts. He's not going to blow anyone away with his measurables but his inside the Tackles instincts and footwork are second to none.

- Interesting that he doesn't have D.J. Fluker in OL or Ryan Broyles in WRs.

On a related note, I think SportsHoopla needs an NFL Draft section.

Co-Signed! Excellent Idea!

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how scouts will start to nitpick his game, though. I wouldn't be surprised to see a select few have Barkley or Jones over Luck just to be cute.

You're right. We'll see it. I still think that there will be enough praise to keep him on top by a large margin. I have to say, seeing those 3 mentioned about possibly being drafted next year gets me excited for the draft. It looks to be much deeper next year than what we just had.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. We'll see it. I still think that there will be enough praise to keep him on top by a large margin. I have to say, seeing those 3 mentioned about possibly being drafted next year gets me excited for the draft. It looks to be much deeper next year than what we just had.

A lot can change in a year. Remember, this time last year people were talking about the '11 class as the best QB class since '04 - and then Luck decided to stay in school, Locker's stock dropped, and Mallett allegedly snorted a line.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carolina will not be the worst team next year IMO, they will be closer to picking in the 8-12 range.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyone that does that needs to gave their "Scout" title taken away. I like Barkley a lot, but he is not the QB Luck is and should NOT be ranked ahead of him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that does that needs to gave their "Scout" title taken away. I like Barkley a lot, but he is not the QB Luck is and should NOT be ranked ahead of him.

Gerald McCoy should'nt have been ranked ahead of Ndamukong Suh circa '09, but there were some scouts/analysts who had him higher, including Mike Mayock. Some guys try to be cute every year just to be "the guy that called it".