• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 MNF Schedule.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I was looking at it earlier and I'm surprised by it.
A list of marquee teams only appear once, such as the:

Cowboys.
Eagles. (I'm utterly stunned they don't have at least 3).
Jets.
Steelers.
Ravens.
Colts.
And the Super Bowl champs only have 1.

Both the Steelers/Ravens MNF games are on the road, which is a downer for their/our fans.

Then I noticed they gave the Raiders a MNF game. :L
And so does the 49ers, probably due to signing Jim Harbaugh.
And of course the Redskins. :L
Along with the Rams, who actually have 2.
And the Jags have 2 games as well. WTF?
The Lions host one. But I don't really have a problem with that because they may actually be fun to watch this year.

Don't get me wrong. It's nice not seeing the same old teams get 3 or so MNF games, like the Cowboys, Giants, Pats, Redskins, Vikings, etc. But damn, this schedule could be an epic fail, or seeing how a fair share of MNF games have always sucked in the past, this schedule could be a winner.

'Monday Night Football' schedule 2011 - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I imagine the Packers lost a MNF game because as Champs, they open the season Thursday Night. I imagine that when you factor in the other "Prime Time" games on Sunday Night plus Thursdays on NFL Network, and Thanksgiving Day. I'd also imagine you'd notice that all of the hyped teams have multiple "Prime Time" games. I'll just go ahead and look it up

Dallas has 6 stand alone games, MNF, 3 on SNF, Thanksgiving, and a Saturday game
Philadelphia has 5 such games, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday night.
Jets have 5 such games, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday night.
Steelers have 5 too, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday night
Baltimore has 5 games, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday night
Colts have 5 games, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday game
Packers have 5 games, MNF, 2 on SNF, Thanksgiving game, plus the opener on Thursday night.

I'm sure you've realized the pattern here. Pretty much all of the marquee teams get the MNF game, 3 on Sunday Night and a Thursday game. They all have between 5-6 games where there is nobody else to watch but them and their opponent. Mostly on Sunday Nights.

It seems pretty obvious that NBC's Sunday Night Football has overtaken Monday Night Football with the best match-ups, as the SNF schedule is pretty much nothing but the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I imagine the Packers lost a MNF game because as Champs, they open the season Thursday Night. I imagine that when you factor in the other "Prime Time" games on Sunday Night plus Thursdays on NFL Network, and Thanksgiving Day. I'd also imagine you'd notice that all of the hyped teams have multiple "Prime Time" games. I'll just go ahead and look it up

Dallas has 6 stand alone games, MNF, 3 on SNF, Thanksgiving, and a Saturday game
Philadelphia has 5 such games, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday night.
Jets have 5 such games, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday night.
Steelers have 5 too, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday night
Baltimore has 5 games, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday night
Colts have 5 games, MNF, 3 on SNF, and an NFL Thursday game
Packers have 5 games, MNF, 2 on SNF, Thanksgiving game, plus the opener on Thursday night.

I'm sure you've realized the pattern here. Pretty much all of the marquee teams get the MNF game, 3 on Sunday Night and a Thursday game. They all have between 5-6 games where there is nobody else to watch but them and their opponent. Mostly on Sunday Nights.

It seems pretty obvious that NBC's Sunday Night Football has overtaken Monday Night Football with the best match-ups, as the SNF schedule is pretty much nothing but the best.

I agree with you 100% on the SNF.Hell of a better schedule.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like SNF has taken over MNF. Good. I hate Mike Tirico, Jaws, and Chucky.
When a game tunrs into a blow out all they do is make smart-ass comments about the losing team. Fucking assclowns.
Al Michaels>>>>>>>>>them all on ESPN.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like SNF has taken over MNF. Good. I hate Mike Tirico, Jaws, and Chucky.
When a game tunrs into a blow out all they do is make smart-ass comments about the losing team. Fucking assclowns.
Al Michaels>>>>>>>>>them all on ESPN.

I wonder if it's because of how crappy the MNF broadcasting team is compared to the SNF team. Or, if it's just because ESPN is on pay cable, and NBC is on free cable. It's hard to ignore that ESPN has had a long list of crappy broadcasting teams, so that probably didn't do them any favors when it came to which channel had the higher ratings. I'd assume ratings influence who gets the best games between ESPN and NBC.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say some has to do with NBC being free. I know this day in age it's hard to believe some people don't have cable or satellite, but there is some that still don't.
I think you're right about the commentators too. Mike Tirico is just not a football broadcaster , in my opinion. His voice just isn't right or something.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws is a pretty good X's and O's guy. And Gruden knows his shit, IMO. But there's just something about them I don't care for.
Probably the reason I already mentioned. Smart-asses. It reminds me too much of Dennis Miller and Tony Kornheiser.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike Tirico has a lisp, or dentures, or something. With the other guys, I think it's what you already mentioned. To me, they don't just talk crap about a team that is getting blown out. They just turn into homers for the team they like more, and homers tend to attach themselves to the winning side.

There is no doubt that Jaws and Gruden know their football, it's just that when they start to obviously root for one team I just feel like changing the channel. If I wanted to hear a one-sided view of the game, I'd listen to the team's broadcast guys.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the commentators. You can't hear them over the sound of the Ravens/Steelers hitting, so no big.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MNF is a joke.

2 of the 5 best games last year were between the Bucs and Falcons. This should have been a Monday Night game for week 3.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws is a pretty good X's and O's guy. And Gruden knows his shit, IMO. But there's just something about them I don't care for.
Probably the reason I already mentioned. Smart-asses. It reminds me too much of Dennis Miller and Tony Kornheiser.

Maybe it's the same reason I can't stand them. They never shut up. I just mute the entire broadcast & save my ears.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy thinks every player that makes ONE Good Play is a Pro Bowler for Life... Unless of course that player plays for him, then he will Pout about why he cant do that every time. FUCK Gruden!!!