• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 Draft

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PICKS
1. Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
2. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
3. Chris Culliver, CB, South Carolina
4. Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
5. Daniel Kilgore, OL, Appalachian State
6. Ronald Johnson, WR, USC
7. Colin Jones, S, TCU
8. Bruce Miller, DL/FB, Central Florida
9. Michael Person, OL, Montana State
10. Curtis Holcomb, CB, Florida A&M

Highly criticized... Turns out, it wasn't too shabby!

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how excited I was about drafting Ronald Johnson...boy was I wrong haha.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love me some Kendall Hunter. What I wouldn't give to have him available for this next one! Near the top of the list for favorite 4th-7th round picks made by the Niners since '98.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love me some Kendall Hunter. What I wouldn't give to have him available for this next one! Near the top of the list for favorite 4th-7th round picks made by the Niners since '98.

Agreed...

Not sure what is going to happen next season when all 3 are healthy...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. But the bright side is we got LMJ some action. If LMJ is good and Hunter comes back, what does that mean for Dixon? I know he has some ST duties, but if he's the fourth RB, he won't get much action. As it is, he doesn't get much being the third guy.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. But the bright side is we got LMJ some action. If LMJ is good and Hunter comes back, what does that mean for Dixon? I know he has some ST duties, but if he's the fourth RB, he won't get much action. As it is, he doesn't get much being the third guy.

Dixon has really impressed me this year. I was not a fan of his coming into the year, but given the chance to run he's done some good things and his ST play has been very good imo.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hunter is gonna light it up next year

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Hunter over James by a decent margin in my opinion. I like Hunter just as much in space and he'll run you over on a much more consistent basis. James has been slightly better in the power department than I thought he'd be but he's still not much of a threat to run anybody over somewhat consistently like Hunter can with that skillset in my opinion. I like Hunter just as much, maybe more, in space than James as well and I think he's more dangerous as a receiver, too.

Of course all of that is assuming Hunter gets back to where he was before he got hurt, which is a question mark right now. That may never happen.

Dixon can go elsewhere as far as I'm concerned unless they feel like his special teams value is enough to keep him around. I still don't trust him as a runner - power, vision, make you miss ability, etc..

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dixon has really impressed me this year. I was not a fan of his coming into the year, but given the chance to run he's done some good things and his ST play has been very good imo.

I don't know much other than casual observation, but I thought he was doing better this year, but that was from a low reference point. The first down he got in the Atlanta game was huge. Since every play can effect the rest of the game, we'll never know, but we might not win that game if he falls short. Not saying someone else couldn't have done the same.

For example, I think Kaep could have beaten Green Bay in the first regular season game and the Lions game, if we had the right gameplan and he went in as the starter. But, since Alex did play, he helped us get that second seed, because he very well could have lost either or both games. It doesn't say anything re: Kaep v. Smith, but he should get credit for doing what he did.

So similarly, even if Gore could have gotten those four yards, the fact is, Dixon got the ball and he did well, so he deserves the credit for that.

Didn't mean to reference Smith again, (I just can't help it, Mem49ers' medication just isn't working) it just didn't sound right the way I explained the Dixon first down and its importance. I didn't want to get it confused with saying anything specifically about Dixon re: any other player. I had posed that question sort of in the previous post by me.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter over James by a decent margin in my opinion. I like Hunter just as much in space and he'll run you over on a much more consistent basis. James has been slightly better in the power department than I thought he'd be but he's still not much of a threat to run anybody over somewhat consistently like Hunter can with that skillset in my opinion. I like Hunter just as much, maybe more, in space than James as well and I think he's more dangerous as a receiver, too.

Of course all of that is assuming Hunter gets back to where he was before he got hurt, which is a question mark right now. That may never happen.

Dixon can go elsewhere as far as I'm concerned unless they feel like his special teams value is enough to keep him around. I still don't trust him as a runner - power, vision, make you miss ability, etc..

Thanks, good to know your perspective, I trust your football evaluation skills. It's good to have Gore, Hunter, and LMJ. Here's hoping to good health to Hunter! :tea:

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean to reference Smith again, (I just can't help it, Mem49ers' medication just isn't working) it just didn't sound right the way I explained the Dixon first down and its importance. I didn't want to get it confused with saying anything specifically about Dixon re: any other player. I had posed that question sort of in the previous post by me.

Next we go to electroshock therapy.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on Dixon. With as many draft picks as the 49ers have this upcoming draft, I'd like to see them take Stepfan Taylor or Le'veon Bell in the 3rd or 4th round. Taylor or Bell would have Dixon's roster spot unless they did end up keeping him for his ST value. In that case, they would essentially have Jacob's spot on the initial roster.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PICKS
1. Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri
2. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
3. Chris Culliver, CB, South Carolina
4. Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
5. Daniel Kilgore, OL, Appalachian State
8. Bruce Miller, DL/FB, Central Florida

Highly criticized... Turns out, it wasn't too shabby!

All these players (except for Kilgore) are still on the roster and make significant weekly contributions (when healthy). Just Smith and Kap alone make this a great draft.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All these players (except for Kilgore) are still on the roster and make significant weekly contributions (when healthy). Just Smith and Kap alone make this a great draft.

wha?

edit: my bad, you're emphasizing "and make significant weekly contributions", not "are still on the roster".

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

And even Kilgore has been seeing more reps the second half of the season...

I've noticed them working him into certain packages...

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which is the better draft

1. Aldon Smith
2. Colin Kaepernick
3. Chris Culliver
4. Kendall Hunter
5. Daniel Kilgore
7. Bruce Miller

or

1. Patrick Willis
1. Joe Staley
3. Ray McDonald
4. Deshawn Goldson
5. Terrell Brown

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So which is the better draft

1. Aldon Smith
2. Colin Kaepernick
3. Chris Culliver
4. Kendall Hunter
5. Daniel Kilgore
7. Bruce Miller

or

1. Patrick Willis
1. Joe Staley
3. Ray McDonald
4. Deshawn Goldson
5. Terrell Brown

to date, it is 2007 because they're more proven. if 2011 stay on their current path/projections, they'll surpass 2007. mainly from Kap but also from numbers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to date, it is 2007 because they're more proven. if 2011 stay on their current path/projections, they'll surpass 2007. mainly from Kap but also from numbers.

What was the year Imac accused you of calling subpar? Not saying that's a fair representation of what you said, because I don't remember, but it seemed it was around 2007. I wouldn't see either 2011 or 2007 as sub-par, but that's in hindsight of time since the alleged representation was made.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next we go to electroshock therapy.

Ha! I knew you'd be none the wiser. I like electroshock therapy. I've built up an immunity, it's now like a drug.