• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2010-11 roster set?

gtown27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not saying these are going to be the lines, just projections position by position.

Vanek-Roy-Stafford (one more year of this and I'll puke)

Ennis-Connolly-Pominville (Regier said Ennis will move to left)

Hecht-Gaustad-Grier/Kaleta (nice third line)

McCormick?-Niedermayer-Grier/Kaleta (fourth line brings up the most questions. Will McCormick be an everyday guy? Can the speed of a McCormick-Nieds-Grier line even keep up? Will Nieds play fourth line? Gerbe?

If Ennis' short stint last season was any indication how good he'll be, the Sabres may have a repeat Calder winner, but other than that, the Sabres add ZERO offensively. Sad, huh? Talk is cheap, Darcy.

Defense:
Myers-Butler (the reason I put Butler here is because I think the team really has faith in him to turn out to be a nice player.)
Morrisonn-Rivet (seeing Rivet played injured the last two seasons, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here. Morrisonn takes Lydman's place essentially).
Leopold-Montador/Sekera/Weber (Leopold isn't a third-pair d-man on the Sabres, but it could go back to where Weber falls.

Again, the Sabres have eight defensemen. MA Grangnani is one of the many highly touted prospects in Portland. He's an RFA. There are about five others coming through the ranks soon. At least one or two are liable to pan out as good solid players.