• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

20 Player NBA Draft Semi-Final 1 : WLK vs UK

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my last word on the game... Without posting game plans and coverages voters are left with their own imagination to see the game as they see it... I won't argue that Bowens is a terrible free throw shooter, I will however argue that he gets hack-a-Bowened the whole 4th... You realize after 6 fouls if a team has no subs every foul is a tech so unless everybody is fouling him somebody is going to get techs... Which means Jordan can shoot the tech and Bowen shoots his 2 shots... Anyway, things like Dumars guarding Curry and Baron guarding Hornicek... Bowen, Jordan and Porter (6'3") will take turns guarding Magic doesn't get recognized... I wish there were ways to incorporate more info into these... That or I need to stop thinking strategy and grab BPA and play it that way... :noidea:

I never said anyone would foul out... but correct me if i am wrong, not all fouls get a foul shot... But in the 4th quarter both teams are generally past the personal foul limit... in ONE game format that we are doing that is what i would assume would be the case... They won't NEED to foul until late in the 4th where they will just double everyone to force the ball into Bowen's hands... and then contact will create a foul... when you also have not great offensive threats besides Michael, it makes this much easier to create... There would be no need for the SAME player to keep on fouling... so i don't see that technical situation being in play...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and WLK, please don't change your drafting style... I love reading your sales pitches... I do think you wear rose colored glasses lots of the times, but your write-ups are one of my favourite parts of doing these mocks...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said anyone would foul out... but correct me if i am wrong, not all fouls get a foul shot... But in the 4th quarter both teams are generally past the personal foul limit... in ONE game format that we are doing that is what i would assume would be the case... They won't NEED to foul until late in the 4th where they will just double everyone to force the ball into Bowen's hands... and then contact will create a foul... when you also have not great offensive threats besides Michael, it makes this much easier to create... There would be no need for the SAME player to keep on fouling... so i don't see that technical situation being in play...

It appeared you were saying that Bowen would get fouled like the do with Shaq, Deandre Jordan etc... In order to make that happen a team must be in the bonus... In order for that to happen a team must have 5 team fouls then they can foul anyone of their choosing everytime the ball is inbounded... So the problem would be getting my team in the bonus, how would they achieve that...? Easy way is to foul Bowen 5 straight times... If you're aren't talking about the extreme, then I don't see how you're going to disrupt Jordan... You're double players until you get the ball to Bowen is addressed by me placing 3 (Bowen, Porter, Laimbeer) 3point shooters around Jordan... I'm not sure how you could get the Hack-a strategy going here with the rule of no subs we have in place...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appeared you were saying that Bowen would get fouled like the do with Shaq, Deandre Jordan etc... In order to make that happen a team must be in the bonus... In order for that to happen a team must have 5 team fouls then they can foul anyone of their choosing everytime the ball is inbounded... So the problem would be getting my team in the bonus, how would they achieve that...? Easy way is to foul Bowen 5 straight times... If you're aren't talking about the extreme, then I don't see how you're going to disrupt Jordan... You're double players until you get the ball to Bowen is addressed by me placing 3 (Bowen, Porter, Laimbeer) 3point shooters around Jordan... I'm not sure how you could get the Hack-a strategy going here with the rule of no subs we have in place...

see this is the thing, i would assume all the teams will reach bonus by the 4th quarter... It is near impossible to get fouled out which would make me think that the aggressive players would be even more aggressive and create even more fouls... so i see both teams being in bonus at some point in the 4th quarter...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I wouldn't hack an anybody. I hate that BS. I think bad foul shooting catches up with you in the end either way

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see this is the thing, i would assume all the teams will reach bonus by the 4th quarter... It is near impossible to get fouled out which would make me think that the aggressive players would be even more aggressive and create even more fouls... so i see both teams being in bonus at some point in the 4th quarter...

It starts back over every quarter though... So they would have to foul people to make that happen... So that's where I was saying either he has to wait until enough fouls occur organically or attack a player... Jordan career averaged 8.2 a game so that's 2 per quarter but a career high of 11.9 that's 3 per quarter... Let's go 3, that means someone has to foul 2 other times before you can start fouling Bowen intentionally... Then King gets 6 fouls before the techs start and so on... UK says he wouldn't anyway so I feel it would end up a draw... He has a group of great scoring but I have a great defensive team and Jordan... But you're drawing out more words when I'm supposed to stop... :nono:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts back over every quarter though... So they would have to foul people to make that happen... So that's where I was saying either he has to wait until enough fouls occur organically or attack a player... Jordan career averaged 8.2 a game so that's 2 per quarter but a career high of 11.9 that's 3 per quarter... Let's go 3, that means someone has to foul 2 other times before you can start fouling Bowen intentionally... Then King gets 6 fouls before the techs start and so on... UK says he wouldn't anyway so I feel it would end up a draw... He has a group of great scoring but I have a great defensive team and Jordan... But you're drawing out more words when I'm supposed to stop... :nono:

not the team fouls... if it is ONE game, its one game...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I wouldn't hack an anybody. I hate that BS. I think bad foul shooting catches up with you in the end either way

I wonder how Andre Drummond feels about that...