• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 player keeper - SF + full PPR

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Preston Williams in the 15th is gonna pay major dividends imo. Dude could easily ball out this year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, after the Dak injury it took too long for me to figure out QB2 and I missed the playoffs on a tie breaker last year...brutal

refresh on rules - have to keep 2 players, no draft pick penalty for players kept, can't keep same position
10tm, full ppr, 1pt for Rush/Rec/Pass 1st downs, Superflex
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, SF, K, DST

Mahomes still locked and loaded in my QB spot, but now I have a real tough choice here.....

Zeke or Taylor

conventional wisdom - go with the young buck, RB isn't for old timers, and Zeke has piled up some touches in the NFL

I think I have pick 4 in the draft, so there's a very little chance Zeke or Taylor makes it back to me, as whichever I don't keep will be the top RB available, unless something insane happens with the CMC owner.

leaning Taylor, what's the Hoop fantasy collective think on this one?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side note - my 1st pick will more than likely be a QB again - as @Stomp called out last year, the scoring tilts way too heavily towards QBs in this format, got to have 2 top end ones for a legit playoff run or be so stacked at every other position it doesn't matter.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, after the Dak injury it took too long for me to figure out QB2 and I missed the playoffs on a tie breaker last year...brutal

refresh on rules - have to keep 2 players, no draft pick penalty for players kept, can't keep same position
10tm, full ppr, 1pt for Rush/Rec/Pass 1st downs, Superflex
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, SF, K, DST

Mahomes still locked and loaded in my QB spot, but now I have a real tough choice here.....

Zeke or Taylor

conventional wisdom - go with the young buck, RB isn't for old timers, and Zeke has piled up some touches in the NFL

I think I have pick 4 in the draft, so there's a very little chance Zeke or Taylor makes it back to me, as whichever I don't keep will be the top RB available, unless something insane happens with the CMC owner.

leaning Taylor, what's the Hoop fantasy collective think on this one?

i think your choice is basically a coin toss... one you cant go wrong... I mean you can... but that will all be hindsight...

the way i see it, Taylor is more likely to get more targets and catches, but the cowboy offense is superior than the colts, so Zeke has the higher upside when it comes to TDs...

But that is also a double edged sword, because the cowboys have more and better weapons, they may score much more, but they will also be using the supporting cast more...

The one thing i have learned about zeke is that he is great when he cares. but he needs to be motivated by team success... so he also has a significantly lower floor than Taylor IMO...

So, Zeke has the higher ceiling and the lower floor...

taylor is the safe choice... and one you wont regret...

But if you want to maximize your teams ceiling, which may be the best way to win the league, I would go Zeke...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side note - my 1st pick will more than likely be a QB again - as @Stomp called out last year, the scoring tilts way too heavily towards QBs in this format, got to have 2 top end ones for a legit playoff run or be so stacked at every other position it doesn't matter.

How many teams is this again?? the fact you already have Mahomes, gives you the luxury of drafting BPA... i dont know if automatically picking your favourite QB available is a good idea...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams is this again?? the fact you already have Mahomes, gives you the luxury of drafting BPA... i dont know if automatically picking your favourite QB available is a good idea...

10 teams, and pretty much everyone will be keeping 1 of their QBs, I think 1 team kept a RB/WR combo last year, most were QB/RB combos.

so that grouping of good QBs with rushing floor - HUGE advantage vs the pocket passers in this format - will be gone between my 1st round pick and 2nd round pick.

but I never completely lock into a position in any of my drafts, seasonal leagues or dynasties, I almost always have at least 2 different positions I'm focused on each round, pending what's out there

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 teams, and pretty much everyone will be keeping 1 of their QBs, I think 1 team kept a RB/WR combo last year, most were QB/RB combos.

so that grouping of good QBs with rushing floor - HUGE advantage vs the pocket passers in this format - will be gone between my 1st round pick and 2nd round pick.

but I never completely lock into a position in any of my drafts, seasonal leagues or dynasties, I almost always have at least 2 different positions I'm focused on each round, pending what's out there

with only 10 teams, i dont think i would go QB in the first at all... remember, you will likely have a pretty good QB 3 too... to play matchups with...

and you have to assume any of the top 5 projected QBs wont be available to you anyway...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with only 10 teams, i dont think i would go QB in the first at all... remember, you will likely have a pretty good QB 3 too... to play matchups with...

and you have to assume any of the top 5 projected QBs wont be available to you anyway...

will keep that in mind, but if I can get Dak again at 1.4, its happening!