• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Phoenix Suns vs 7) LA Lakers

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rockets game last year but this one is mor worrisome with Lebron and AD just coming back from injuries. AD especially hasn’t been himself with less time out too. I dont necessarily think this team is better than last and definitely not even close the way they are playing. The offense and defense has a long way to go

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Rockets game last year but this one is mor worrisome with Lebron and AD just coming back from injuries. AD especially hasn’t been himself with less time out too. I dont necessarily think this team is better than last and definitely not even close the way they are playing. The offense and defense has a long way to go

Also more weapons on Phoenix. Rockets were one dimensional.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAKERS fans should be pissed

Why?

They played soft, couldn't shoot for shit, had way to many turnovers and allowed far too many offensive boards, while the Suns had great games from both Ayton and Booker.

And they still only lost by single digits.

Not saying i'm thrilled but this thing happened twice last year in the playoffs and they still won the title.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying i'm thrilled but this thing happened twice last year in the playoffs and they still won the title.

Last year was different. This season is back to normal. Playing true road games matters.

Right now it isn't a big deal because all Phoenix did was hold serve so far but can't hang your hat on last season for everything because last playoffs was different and also the Lakers team last year was probably better and also healthier

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was different. This season is back to normal. Playing true road games matters.

Right now it isn't a big deal because all Phoenix did was hold serve so far but can't hang your hat on last season for everything because last playoffs was different and also the Lakers team last year was probably better and also healthier

It's also the Lakers' MO. Figure out the teams weaknesses in the first game and make adjustments.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what, I really think they need less Drummond in this matchup.

He is just in the way. His stat line was fine today, but the offense is out of synch when he is on the floor.

I would like to see Gasol play a bit alongside AD. His skills open up the offense and allow LeBron and AD to get to the spots where they are comfortable.

Drummond will be needed against Utah and Philly. Until then, he really needs to take a back seat.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you what, I really think they need less Drummond in this matchup.

He is just in the way. His stat line was fine today, but the offense is out of synch when he is on the floor.

I would like to see Gasol play a bit alongside AD. His skills open up the offense and allow LeBron and AD to get to the spots where they are comfortable.

Drummond will be needed against Utah and Philly. Until then, he really needs to take a back seat.

His pick & roll defense is really bad

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

They played soft, couldn't shoot for shit, had way to many turnovers and allowed far too many offensive boards, while the Suns had great games from both Ayton and Booker.

And they still only lost by single digits.

Because of what I posted about the self load management BS! Did I not say all that time off for their phantom injuries would cost them?

Of course not, y’all will get all personal on me sayin I’m nuts... well I ain’t. Told you it would take time for them to play well as a team. And it is showin...

i hope they get it together quick ..

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of what I posted about the self load management BS! Did I not say all that time off for their phantom injuries would cost them?

Of course not, y’all will get all personal on me sayin I’m nuts... well I ain’t. Told you it would take time for them to play well as a team. And it is showin...

You telling me a team that hasn't really played together at all this season with two of their superstars out for a lengthy time might struggle a bit at the start of the playoffs?

Shit Pasta, have you considered working for ESPN? You're a genius.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You telling me a team that hasn't really played together at all this season with two of their superstars out for a lengthy time might struggle a bit at the start of the playoffs?

Shit Pasta, have you considered working for ESPN? You're a genius.
I turned them down , for the top spot at sportshoopla

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Davis looked like an 18 year old rookie playing his first ever pro game.

Lebron played well enough. He was not an all world superstar, but he had a very good game. He even ended up (+2) overall.

AD was trash. Even with some garbage points, he was (-18) on the floor for a game decided by single digits.

That being said, Phoenix did everything right and still could not get a blowout win

This still looks like a Lakers series to lose

Phoenix cannot count on Anthony Davis being the worst player on the floor for most of the game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude. Stop with the phantom injury crap.

LeBron had a severe high ankle sprain.

He was the MVP front runner before he got hurt. He cares about that stuff. He isn’t just going to miss 20 games for the hell of it.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. Stop with the phantom injury crap.

LeBron had a severe high ankle sprain.

He was the MVP front runner before he got hurt. He cares about that stuff. He isn’t just going to miss 20 games for the hell of it.
Sorry , my opinion.

dude acts like there is a sniper in stands every game ...

boy who cried wolf...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry , my opinion.

dude acts like there is a sniper in stands every game ...

boy who cried wolf...

He flops. He sometimes embellishes contact to try to get whistles from the refs. Sometimes he even lets you know about minor injuries he is playing through by wearing very obviously wraps/splints to press conferences.

But he doesn’t miss games for no reason.

That opinion is very easily disproved by looking at his playing history.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He flops. He sometimes embellishes contact to try to get whistles from the refs. Sometimes he even lets you know about minor injuries he is playing through by wearing very obviously wraps/splints to press conferences.

But he doesn’t miss games for no reason.

That opinion is very easily disproved by looking at his playing history.
At 36, a severe high ankle sprain requires a lot of time to heal, no? How many games bron miss?