• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 Mins to go trailing by 3 points...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had to pick one of these options as a Seahawk fan, which would it be:

Seattle having the ball with 2 mins to go and all 3 timeouts starting at their own 20 down 3, or
Denver having the ball with 2 mins to go and all 3 timeouts starting at their own 20 down 3.

Which unit do you feel confident that they can pull out a win late? Do you put your season on Wilson and the offense to drive and get the TD to win? Or do you rely on your defense to shut down or get a turnover from Manning to save it?

Which scenario would give Seattle the best chance of winning?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well both would make me scared as hell, but I think I'd take the defense over the offense on the field despite how many times that has bit them in prior years. This year they have come up when they needed to and I think the risk of error by a desperate offense is more than a defense like we have.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt my heart would be beating a lot faster in either case, and I sure hope it doesn't come down to something like this, but if it does, I'm confident in both defense and offense. I think I'd rather see Russell Wilson make a winning drive in the Super Bowl if I'd had to pick. That would cement his reputation as a clutch performer.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take RW and the offense. Even though our defense is lights out I would be too nervous about Manning and Co. with 2 minutes left to win the game.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why you would EVER take the option where you are behind. Clearly IMO youd want the lead and go from there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why you would EVER take the option where you are behind. Clearly IMO youd want the lead and go from there.

Bingo. I think the odds are more in your favor of holding a lead than overcoming one. And on a team that is known far more for its defense it should be even more so.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had to pick one of these options as a Seahawk fan, which would it be:

Seattle having the ball with 2 mins to go and all 3 timeouts starting at their own 20 down 3, or
Denver having the ball with 2 mins to go and all 3 timeouts starting at their own 20 down 3.

Which unit do you feel confident that they can pull out a win late? Do you put your season on Wilson and the offense to drive and get the TD to win? Or do you rely on your defense to shut down or get a turnover from Manning to save it?

Which scenario would give Seattle the best chance of winning?

I take the lead and trust the defense to at least stop a TD and possibly stop a FG as well.

If it was only a 1 or 2 point margin, then I would actually prefer to have the ball. Getting the ball into FG range for either team is not as hard as getting it into the endzone.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question. Neither of them would I feel like the game is lost. These guys have won a lot of games under both scenarios. I guess I would have to choose being up by 3.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good point. Although that didn't work out so well when the Seahawks played your Falcons.:whistle:

I'd rather just see us win handily, but going on how I'd like to see the Seahawks win, a Russell Wilson drive to win the game would be awesome.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Although that didn't work out so well when the Seahawks played your Falcons.:whistle:
I'd rather just see us win handily, but going on how I'd like to see the Seahawks win, a Russell Wilson drive to win the game would be awesome.

Fair enough but there is not a single circumstance IMO where I wouldnt want the lead EVER. There is too much shit that can go wrong in a NFL game to risk being behind if you have the theoretical option. Hell Id rather have the 3 point lead and let Manning have the ball on MY teams 20 than be behind by 3 and get it on the other teams 20 ESPECIALLY if I have 3 timeouts. Thats just me though.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this thought........Since Denver is the #1 offense, wouldn't it be the worst case scenario facing that offense at that point in a game? Best defense for sure but it would still be the worst possible scenario for them right?

To contradict myself, I would rather have the lead and defend if I were a Seattle fan too but it wouldn't be too bad if it were the other way around and Seattle just needed to get into FG range.

Just figured I would add food for thought. Pretty good question OP!

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Behind by 3

Peyton manning is Tom brady-este in the 2 minute drive. I question about stopping him

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Hawks were only up 1 in Atlanta though.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im shocked that ANY Seahawks fans are choosing to be behind and take the ball. Your offense is good IMO but your D is where your bread is buttered. If you have so little faith in being able to stop Denver from going 50+ yards to tie the game in 2 minutes then Id assume most of you who are taking the option of having the ball late also think you wont be winning the Super Bowl this weekend?? Legit question, not trying to stir shit up. Im just flabbergasted. IF my team had this option Id still take the lead and my teams D sucks LOL. If I was a Seahawks fan there is a 0% chance Id want to be behind.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im shocked that ANY Seahawks fans are choosing to be behind and take the ball. Your offense is good IMO but your D is where your bread is buttered. If you have so little faith in being able to stop Denver from going 50+ yards to tie the game in 2 minutes then Id assume most of you who are taking the option of having the ball late also think you wont be winning the Super Bowl this weekend?? Legit question, not trying to stir shit up. Im just flabbergasted. IF my team had this option Id still take the lead and my teams D sucks LOL. If I was a Seahawks fan there is a 0% chance Id want to be behind.

Your right, but we're just messing around with would ifs. However nobody wants to see Manning with a chance to win the game in the last 2 minutes, by that I mean no Seahawk fan. Hopefully the Seahawks have the game in hand before the last two minutes.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a lot of faith in Wilson.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me the lead and the defense with 2 mins left. I have complete faith our D can make a big play to end Denver's title hopes.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the dream ending would be to take the defense and have Sherman return a pick 6 to seal it and win by 10.