• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2 games left..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before the final decision is made on couturier.. monday against the leafs, and wednesday against the habs

i think he's looked good enough to hack it, plus he's moved in with briere apparently..

however, i think most will agree that having him, or schenn on the 4th line, is bad for one of their developments.. both seem to look close to NHL ready, but if i'm picking a guy for the whole season i'm picking schenn, he's older, and he has experience playing a full slate of games against professionals.. the 'Q' plays 68 game seasons, so not a huge decline, but its 14 games and its bigger, stronger, opponents

i worry about couturier holding up for a whole season, and all the line jumbling if we have both schenn and couturier are on the team, just to get them ice time.. the team has call ups that can be serviceable (or better) should an injury come, and i dont think keeping couturier up just because 'someone will get injured' is the best philosophy

if i sound like i'm on the fence, its because i am.. i dont know which one i prefer haha.. i also think homer is looking in to trading hartnell.. someone said yesterday (apologies for forgetting who, rep if he comes in here and reminds me) that lavi was pressured in to putting hartnell on the top line.. so if thats true, and its because they're trying to showcase him for a trade.. the decision would be clear, couturier stays.. if hartnell doesn't get traded however.. i think its much more of a decision..

so.. what do we think? couturier staying or going?

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
before the final decision is made on couturier.. monday against the leafs, and wednesday against the habs

i think he's looked good enough to hack it, plus he's moved in with briere apparently..

however, i think most will agree that having him, or schenn on the 4th line, is bad for one of their developments.. both seem to look close to NHL ready, but if i'm picking a guy for the whole season i'm picking schenn, he's older, and he has experience playing a full slate of games against professionals.. the 'Q' plays 68 game seasons, so not a huge decline, but its 14 games and its bigger, stronger, opponents

i worry about couturier holding up for a whole season, and all the line jumbling if we have both schenn and couturier are on the team, just to get them ice time.. the team has call ups that can be serviceable (or better) should an injury come, and i dont think keeping couturier up just because 'someone will get injured' is the best philosophy

if i sound like i'm on the fence, its because i am.. i dont know which one i prefer haha.. i also think homer is looking in to trading hartnell.. someone said yesterday (apologies for forgetting who, rep if he comes in here and reminds me) that lavi was pressured in to putting hartnell on the top line.. so if thats true, and its because they're trying to showcase him for a trade.. the decision would be clear, couturier stays.. if hartnell doesn't get traded however.. i think its much more of a decision..

so.. what do we think? couturier staying or going?

I think management is relying on him too much to send him back. They feel he can contribute now and don't care about wasting a year on his contract.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll stay because he plays the shutdown role well on the 4th line and does a great job on the PK. He can also chip in the odd goal so IMO he's important enough to make a difference come playoffs as you need to be solid from top to bottom.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest...I don't know what to think.

Unless a trade can be worked out, I think he may get sent down in favor of Nodl and steady minutes down on the farm. Then again, as Triple F and others have pointed out...he's become a valuable asset on the PK and all of his teammates/management seems to love the kids heart, attitude and effort, so...trade or go.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he i ready to play at this level. He will only get better. Keep him up

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he stays...especially if Laviolette has anything to say about it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KEEEEEEEEP him up for gods sake and get him some more playing time he has definately looked better than Schenn as an all around player. Put that piece of shit Hartnell on the 4th line and move the kids up!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also a big improvement over Nodl due to his bigger body....he does such a good job shielding the puck and his reach is huuuuuuge! I'd keep him because he does make a difference and is an upgrade over other players.

As for Schenn we need to be patient the kid just came up and he's a step behind. He'll get it going....hopefully tonight versus the laughs to show his bro up.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
keep couturier without a doubt. he's doing a great job for this team and has such amazing composure. remember, this kid was at one point considered a possible number 1 overall pick.. no reason to send him down to juniors. the development he'd get in juniors playing 20 min a night is probably the same if not worse as playing 8-12 minutes a night in the nhl.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KEEP
COOTER
AND
TRADE
HARTNELL

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
is there possibility of sending schenn back down? i have not been very impressed thus far.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Pronger injury does not cause them to send him down. Shenn can go back and forth so he would be my cap relief move, not Couturier.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there possibility of sending schenn back down? i have not been very impressed thus far.

I don't think they will send him down. Personally, I think every one has been way too hard on him. I think he'll be fine.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think they will send him down. Personally, I think every one has been way too hard on him. I think he'll be fine.

i know its probably a speed thing right now. BUT he had 2 opportunities last night to bury goals in front of the net and has not. his hands haven't been soft enough to accept passes or play in transition.

you are right, the kid is young and i should not be hard on him, but he was built up pretty big for us so the expectation is very high. i will give him 5 more games before i pass judgement again.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think both players have played well enough to be on the team.. but we're 8 games in for coots and 3 in for schenn.. my point was the flyers have a lot of players that have played well enough to be top 9 and i'm worried about their playing time..

but it looks like he's going to stay.. i think either way i would not have been surprised..

if the flyers need to make cap moves, schenn will go back down.. carrying 2 extra forwards is murdering the cap right now

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know its probably a speed thing right now. BUT he had 2 opportunities last night to bury goals in front of the net and has not. his hands haven't been soft enough to accept passes or play in transition.

you are right, the kid is young and i should not be hard on him, but he was built up pretty big for us so the expectation is very high. i will give him 5 more games before i pass judgement again.

he's been very strong defensively and on the wall.. which is what he was so highly touted on.. offensively he hasn't quite been there, but he's been living up to expectations defensively and on the wall.. keep in mind couturier is 6 regular season and what, 3 preseason games ahead of him with the flyers.. i think last night was only the 5th time schenn has played a game with 'lavi's system'

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have not been very impressed thus far.

Me neither. I think he may be pressing too much trying to prove he belongs with the big squad and is chasing his own tail right now.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he's been very strong defensively and on the wall.. which is what he was so highly touted on.. offensively he hasn't quite been there, but he's been living up to expectations defensively and on the wall.. keep in mind couturier is 6 regular season and what, 3 preseason games ahead of him with the flyers.. i think last night was only the 5th time schenn has played a game with 'lavi's system'

i would like to point out he is -4 in 3 games.....just sayin :sorry: