• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2) Boston Celtics vs 7) Brooklyn Nets

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are stuck on the mental health portion only.

Ben didn't just sit out because he was in crisis.

He demanded a trade 1 year into a max contract as well.

The 76ers offered him mental health services and repeatedly said they wanted him to come back.

He refused.

That's where Philly has him.

If it were simply about getting well, he didn't have to get traded to accomplish that.

He got his own therapist that was approved by the nbpa.

And when you have a toxic work environment, getting away from it does in fact help to accomplish that

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also already have mental health in the cba

Which is what Simmons is alleging now

So what rule are they Changing? If Simmons is faking he’s already not gonna get paid in this version of the cba
Again: It's the trade demand.

When he initially held out, it was, ALLEGEDLY, because of being soured on the Organization.

The Mental Health stuff came after the 76ers called his bluff.

You can't have guys doing the shit that Kyrie did in Cleveland * threatening to have surgery if not traded, like George did in OKC, asking for a trade the year.after signing a max, like The Beard in Houston, coming in fat and half assing it after demanding a trade.

Its not about the Mental.Health.

Its getting paid and then immediately trying to flee for a better situation.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And when you have a toxic work environment, getting away from it does in fact help to accomplish that
That's how you see it.

I see it as he wanted a trade and used mental health to justify getting paid for not doing his job.

Our beliefs will not allow us to find middle ground on this.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Ben Simmons: my gut tells me that while he may not be entirely faking mental health issues...he is embellishing them. As far as his money, if he truly has mental health issues...him still wanting his money isn't proof that he is faking.

He has an agent whose job is to make sure he gets paid. So even if Simmons was sitting in a straight jacket in a padded room somewhere drooling on himself...he would still be getting paid because his agent would see to it.

On this being addressed in the next CBA: it seems like something needs to/will be done. My guess would be that both sides probably want that to some extent. I would expect that the players have to realize on some level that what Ben, Kyrie and Harden have done is not a good look for them, especially with fans having just barely accepted "load management".

What's going to be interesting is seeing what they can come up with that prevents some of this nonsense, but still protects players who have real issues.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn’t have a toxic work environment. His employer also changed and that had no impact on his condition. The issue is with Ben Simmons and not his work environment, unless of course you’re arguing that participating in the NBA is a toxic work environment.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t have a toxic work environment. His employer also changed and that had no impact on his condition. The issue is with Ben Simmons and not his work environment, unless of course you’re arguing that participating in the NBA is a toxic work environment.

The fact that he still couldn’t play only hurts the sixers case

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Ben Simmons: my gut tells me that while he may not be entirely faking mental health issues...he is embellishing them. As far as his money, if he truly has mental health issues...him still wanting his money isn't proof that he is faking.

He has an agent whose job is to make sure he gets paid. So even if Simmons was sitting in a straight jacket in a padded room somewhere drooling on himself...he would still be getting paid because his agent would see to it.

On this being addressed in the next CBA: it seems like something needs to/will be done. My guess would be that both sides probably want that to some extent. I would expect that the players have to realize on some level that what Ben, Kyrie and Harden have done is not a good look for them, especially with fans having just barely accepted "load management".

What's going to be interesting is seeing what they can come up with that prevents some of this nonsense, but still protects players who have real issues.

Having a clear formal process would be a good start

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he still couldn’t play only hurts the sixers case
I’m not a lawyer so I don’t know the particulars and what’s at play. I was responding to the comment that Simmons was in a toxic work environment and nothing could have been further from the truth.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not a lawyer so I don’t know the particulars and what’s at play. I was responding to the comment that Simmons was in a toxic work environment and nothing could have been further from the truth.

Oh it was absolutely toxic

The question seems to be about disclosures

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn’t they also withhold money before camp even started?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. They wanted records that he was going.

And they’re going to try to use a technicality to get out of paying him

Because by this point we know he was going, that isn’t in dispute

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they’re going to try to use a technicality to get out of paying him

Because by this point we know he was going, that isn’t in dispute
Actually that was absolutely in dispute in his refusal to turn over records. Not sure where things are now on his paper work.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually that was absolutely in dispute in his refusal to turn over records. Not sure where things are now on his paper work.

He has at least turned over some info. The doctors were allowed to discuss notes

That info was shared in 2021