• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st round: 4) LA Clippers vs 5) Dallas Mavs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why majority of the PGA golfers live in Florida and Texas?

lol @PGA golfers. Maybe they don't make NBA or MLB money.

Name the last NBA player (or even MLB player) that didn't want to go to LA because of taxes?

And Tiger Woods lives in LA.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Name the last NBA player (or even MLB player) that didn't want to go to LA because of taxes?

No he doesn’t his residence is in Jupiter Florida
You are out of your dot thinking PGA players don’t make NBA/MLB money

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also has a home in LA. He just got on a car accident in LA.

You're out your "dot" if you think any NBA or MLB players aren't coming to LA because of taxes.

I notice you didn't name any that haven't come because of taxes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are out of your dot thinking PGA players don’t make NBA/MLB money

That is as apples to oranges as it gets.

Golfers can live wherever they want, so they pick a warm climate where they can play year round and the tax thing is a bonus.

I can guarantee that if Michigan and Vermont were the 2 states without state income tax that PGA golfers would not live there.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly you don't remember when Kawhi Leonard decided to take the Super Max contract and stay in Texas and not leave there so he could play in the People's Republic of California, libtard.

Or when Lebron decided to play in Houston, to save himself 4% of his 38 million dollar a year contract.

I always find it hilarious when people talk about how professional athletes who make millions a year are worried about a few percentage change in their tax bill.

"Sure I was going to live in LA and make 35 million a year. But once I realized I was only going to make 34.5 million a year, I decided that I would rather play in Oklahoma City"

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is as apples to oranges as it gets.

Golfers can live wherever they want, so they pick a warm climate where they can play year round and the tax thing is a bonus.

I can guarantee that if Michigan and Vermont were the 2 states without state income tax that PGA golfers would not live there.

And most of the big time golfers are from the south because they were able to play golf year round as kids.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Tiger & Phil have made well over 100 million and both have selected Jupiter Florida as their residence to avoid California Taxes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you don't remember when Kawhi Leonard decided to take the Super Max contract and stay in Texas and not leave there so he could play in the People's Republic of California, libtard.

Or when Lebron decided to play in Houston, to save himself 4% of his 38 million dollar a year contract.

I always find it hilarious when people talk about how professional athletes who make millions a year are worried about a few percentage change in their tax bill.

"Sure I was going to live in LA and make 35 million a year. But once I realized I was only going to make 34.5 million a year, I decided that I would rather play in Oklahoma City"

It's funny. Pretty much every year when an LA team is looking to land some big time player someone tries to say they won't come to LA because of the taxes.

Yet, most of them do come and the ones don't...never say it's because of taxes.

A lot of these guys are married and have kids, so I'd imagine the main deciding factor for them is the same as it turns out was the main factor for Lebron...apparently, Lebron actually was leaning towards going to the Knicks...but his wife said she wanted to go to LA and that pretty much ended the discussion. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Tiger & Phil have made well over 100 million and both have selected Jupiter Florida as their residence to avoid California Taxes.

I'm sure you have quotes to back that up.

Also, that's 2 PGA golfers who have made NBA or MLB money. Most do not.

I'm still waiting for your list of all of the NBA and MLB players who said they didn't want to go to LA because of taxes.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why majority of the PGA golfers live in Florida and Texas?
It's a little about taxes but a lot more about year round golf weather

That's why they don't live in Wyoming, Tennessee, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Alaska or any other states with no state income tax.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you have quotes to back that up.

Also, that's 2 PGA golfers who have made NBA or MLB money. Most do not.

I'm still waiting for your list of all of the NBA and MLB players who said they didn't want to go to LA because of taxes.
That wasn’t my point. You’ll have to ask the other poster about that. My point is/was golfers take up residence in non state income states.

as far as income between the athletes here is what I found with a quick search.

“An average pro golfer will earn more than $2 million a year as a competitor and will have the opportunities to earn at least as much away from the course. The top-name golfers on tour can earn more than $100 million per year.”

Avg MLB player makes 4.7
Avg NBA player makes 8.9

The avg MLB/NBA players make more than the avg PGA golfer. But the top of the PGA with endorsements is as high or higher.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. Pretty much every year when an LA team is looking to land some big time player someone tries to say they won't come to LA because of the taxes.

Yet, most of them do come and the ones don't...never say it's because of taxes.

A lot of these guys are married and have kids, so I'd imagine the main deciding factor for them is the same as it turns out was the main factor for Lebron...apparently, Lebron actually was leaning towards going to the Knicks...but his wife said she wanted to go to LA and that pretty much ended the discussion. lol

These guys are getting paid MILLIONS of dollars a year. Even the MLE level guys aren't going to give a shit about state income taxes. Even those wealthy golfers lonestar is talking about, have ridiculously expensive homes is places like the Upper West Side or Malibu.

Some folks confuse the fact that super wealthy people like Trump claim residence in places like Florida as evidence of rich people choosing low tax states over high tax states. But the reality is that those super wealthy people have many homes and then choose their domicile to be the best tax option even though they spend their time all over the place. Which is a completely rational act for them.

OTOH, if you are a 26 year super star athlete, you aren't looking to live in a lovely ranch outside of El Paso. You want a place in South Beach, SoHo, and whatever the cool neighborhood of LA is(not an LA guy)

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an article that quotes Mark Cuban and the Texas Rangers GM that it is discussed with potential signees. It’s a side benefit they use when negotiating.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn’t my point. You’ll have to ask the other poster about that. My point is/was golfers take up residence in non state income states.

as far as income between the athletes here is what I found with a quick search.

“An average pro golfer will earn more than $2 million a year as a competitor and will have the opportunities to earn at least as much away from the course. The top-name golfers on tour can earn more than $100 million per year.”

Avg MLB player makes 4.7
Avg NBA player makes 8.9

The avg MLB/NBA players make more than the avg PGA golfer. But the top of the PGA with endorsements is as high or higher.

I call bullshit on your $100 million per year claim. I watch and play a lot of golf. The ONLY golfer that might have hit 100 mill a year was Tiger.

There are about 150 golfers on the PGA tour. 100 of them are making less than 1 million a year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just fucking around, ha. Sorry I turned this into a tax thread.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an article that quotes Mark Cuban and the Texas Rangers GM that it is discussed with potential signees. It’s a side benefit they use when negotiating.

Who are the big name athletes that went to the Mavericks or Rangers?

A-Rod did it 20 years ago. For the biggest contract in baseball history at the time. Then he went to New York and got bigger contracts.