• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1st Round: 1) Sixers vs 8) Wizards

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Process was weird. The object of their desire was Morey but they couldn’t pry him free from Houston but they were able to get Sam Hinke from their analytics department. Hinke goes on to trade everybody of value. They draft Nerlens Noel and MCW (later trade him after ROTY). They were looking to draft Wiggins or Parker but lottery had them at 3 and they are saved from themselves as they take Embiid. Embiid doesn’t play for two years. After that they draft Jah Okafor and the NBA becomes fickle over the Sixers Process and Adam Silver strong arms ownership to put old man Colangelo in place. Hinkie knows he’s been backdoored and resigns leaving the Sixers with monster assets and cap space. Colangelo hires his son as GM and he goes out and fucks it all up. He didn’t screw up his first pick. That’s Simmons. But the next year he makes the failed trade up for Fultz. Fultz plays a handful of games (enough to knock out Embiid before playoffs). Simmons wins ROTY and then Burner Gate breaks out with little Colangelo maintaining a burner account where he talks shit. He “resigns” in disgrace. So Brett Brown is defacto GM the summer LBJ PG13 and Kawhi (through trade) was available. Sixers whiff on all of that. Eventually they hire Elton Brand. He trades for Jimmy Butler and later Tobias Harris. They lose to Kawhi. Embiid cries on National tv. Jimmy Butler says fuck this noise and bolts for Miami. They overpay Harris as to not lose him and Butler. They bring in horrible fit Horford. It doesn’t work. Swept in the bubble. Brown is fired. The whole Process was a comedy of errors before Doc and Morey. The Sixers are lucky they are where they are.

Lucky and unlucky.

The league had no legit reason to step in.

Hinkie had the team on the right track and I believe things would have gone better with him at the helm.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Process was weird. The object of their desire was Morey but they couldn’t pry him free from Houston but they were able to get Sam Hinke from their analytics department. Hinke goes on to trade everybody of value. They draft Nerlens Noel and MCW (later trade him after ROTY). They were looking to draft Wiggins or Parker but lottery had them at 3 and they are saved from themselves as they take Embiid. Embiid doesn’t play for two years. After that they draft Jah Okafor and the NBA becomes fickle over the Sixers Process and Adam Silver strong arms ownership to put old man Colangelo in place. Hinkie knows he’s been backdoored and resigns leaving the Sixers with monster assets and cap space. Colangelo hires his son as GM and he goes out and fucks it all up. He didn’t screw up his first pick. That’s Simmons. But the next year he makes the failed trade up for Fultz. Fultz plays a handful of games (enough to knock out Embiid before playoffs). Simmons wins ROTY and then Burner Gate breaks out with little Colangelo maintaining a burner account where he talks shit. He “resigns” in disgrace. So Brett Brown is defacto GM the summer LBJ PG13 and Kawhi (through trade) was available. Sixers whiff on all of that. Eventually they hire Elton Brand. He trades for Jimmy Butler and later Tobias Harris. They lose to Kawhi. Embiid cries on National tv. Jimmy Butler says fuck this noise and bolts for Miami. They overpay Harris as to not lose him and Butler. They bring in horrible fit Horford. It doesn’t work. Swept in the bubble. Brown is fired. The whole Process was a comedy of errors before Doc and Morey. The Sixers are lucky they are where they are.

Wow. That's even weirder than I thought. lol

Agree with tlance. The league should have left them alone. Hinkie had them headed in the right direction.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky and unlucky.

The league had no legit reason to step in.

Hinkie had the team on the right track and I believe things would have gone better with him at the helm.
I agree to an extent. Hinkie showed that he was incredible at stock piling assets. However, I think you can question his ability to identify talent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to an extent. Hinkie showed that he was incredible at stock piling assets. However, I think you can question his ability to identify talent.

I don’t know.

He swung for the fences with every pick. I think that was the right play.

He also was way ahead of the game in recognizing MCW wasn’t as good as his stats made him look. So he dealt him long before he had to pay him.

That is brilliant.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know.

He swung for the fences with every pick. I think that was the right play.

He also was way ahead of the game in recognizing MCW wasn’t as good as his stats made him look. So he dealt him long before he had to pay him.

That is brilliant.

I think where Hinkie had problems was at the personal relationship level. Everything I read was that the agents hated him because of his scorched Earth approach to player personnel moves.

From a player evaluation perspective, he made some good moves and some not so good moves as is the case with all GMs. Covington was one of more great moves. But Hinkie's 2nd round picks were fairly lackluster although, in fairness, hard to develop those kinds of players on a shit team.