• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Quarter of the Season to a Close

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any changes on our predicted win total or Trubisky numbers?

Trubisky currently: 70% CMP 945 Yards 8 TD's 3 INT's 101.6 Rating

117 yards rushing with 1 TD as well

I think I said 25 TD's 12 INT's 90 QB rating and 4K yards with 10 wins for the Bears (upped it after the Mack trade)

Obviously, the numbers spiked big time from this past Sunday. I don't think performances like that will happen a lot (perhaps never again). However, I do think he starts being more efficient through the air.

I'll slightly up my Trubisky prediction to 27 TD's 10 INT's 95 QB rating 66% CMP. 400 yards rushing with 3 TD's.

Bears win 12 games and the NFC North. Obtaining the #2 seed in the NFC.

Yup... I'm all aboard.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make any individual player numbers predictions, the only one I made was the Bears going 10-6. I'm going to stick with that if only because we have a really tough second half schedule. But I wouldn't mind at all if I was wrong on the plus side and they won more than 10. :yes:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make any individual player numbers predictions, the only one I made was the Bears going 10-6. I'm going to stick with that if only because we have a really tough second half schedule. But I wouldn't mind at all if I was wrong on the plus side and they won more than 10. :yes:

Do you still consider our 2nd half schedule tough? I no longer think that narrative holds up. Every team besides the Rams is essentially falling below expectations. A few of those teams by quite a bit.

vs Lions 1-3
vs Vikings 1-2-1
at Lions 1-3
at NYG 1-3
vs LAR 4-0
vs GB 2-1-1
at San Fran 1-3
at Vikings 1-2-1

So... two of 8 games against teams with a winning record (both at home). 6 of 8 against teams with losing records.

12-17-3 is the overall record of those teams. I think there's two tough games and then Minnesota which is anyone's guess. However, they certainly don't look too great.

I don't know that I see 5 more losses on this schedule.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but we need to remember that regardless of records, divisional games are always tough. So I'm not taking the Lions for granted whatsoever. Take away that opening night blowout loss to the Jets, they've played fairly well otherwise. I'm assuming the Vikes will get their act together defensively at some point, and in the meantime, they have an impressive offense. And I was also impressed with SF, altho in a loss, didn't roll over at all, as many expected after Garoppolo was lost for the season. They gave the Chargers everything they had.

And let's remember that you jumped straight to the second half. We still have some tough games in the first half against the Dolphins, Pats, Jets, and Bills. All winnable games, but especially the Pats are hardly chopped liver, and have we ever beaten Tom Brady? Not sure, but my guess is we haven't.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but we need to remember that regardless of records, divisional games are always tough. So I'm not taking the Lions for granted whatsoever. Take away that opening night blowout loss to the Jets, they've played fairly well otherwise. I'm assuming the Vikes will get their act together defensively at some point, and in the meantime, they have an impressive offense. And I was also impressed with SF, altho in a loss, didn't roll over at all, as many expected after Garoppolo was lost for the season. They gave the Chargers everything they had.

And let's remember that you jumped straight to the second half. We still have some tough games in the first half against the Dolphins, Pats, Jets, and Bills. All winnable games, but especially the Pats are hardly chopped liver, and have we ever beaten Tom Brady? Not sure, but my guess is we haven't.

The AFC East? I think that's 3 of 4 games where we should definitely be favored.

Pats, Rams, GB and Minnesota on the road. Virtually all I can get myself to actually envision a loss and like I said... three of those are at home. I'm sure we'll have other tough games. It's the NFL. You can make most any game sound tough. However, I'm struggling with the Jets, Lions x2, Giants, Niners and Bills. Those should easily be wins. As should Minny at home, really.

Miami's better than Jets/Bills. However, it's tough to be all that impressed - given who they have beaten. Then, how they rolled over and died vs New England. Overall, if you were going to choose a division to play. AFC East is consistently one of the most appealing.

San Fran is cashed. Valiant effort... but that team is shit with Beathard and we all saw that last season. Giants keep demonstrating why they need to let go of the Eli era and attack the rebuild head on. Losing to Dallas at home is not a vote of confidence for Detroit. Quite the contrary, I would say.

Like I said, you can spin most any game in the NFL to be tough. However, just relatively speaking - when you compare our schedule to other possibilities. It's one that most teams would take.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I'm just being cautious, trying not to get ahead of ourselves with the results of this one game, altho that was one magnificent game. Hard to reign in the optimism, that's for sure.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing for sure right now is that some Packer fans are losing their shit about the Bears.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing for sure right now is that some Packer fans are losing their shit about the Bears.
Hell, they barely beat us, needing a dramatic come-from-behind effort by Rodgers. That was when Mack was still getting his game legs under him. He was gassed by halftime. Smith barely had any practice time and no preseason game experience before being thrown out there. And of course Trubisky, aside from the scripted opening drive, was quite mediocre the rest of the game. All this will be dramatically different the next time our teams meet. So it's understandable why some Pack fans are nervous or trying to hide their nervousness by convincing themselves that it will be the same Bears team facing the Pack later in the season.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, they barely beat us, needing a dramatic come-from-behind effort by Rodgers. That was when Mack was still getting his game legs under him. He was gassed by halftime. Smith barely had any practice time and no preseason game experience before being thrown out there. And of course Trubisky, aside from the scripted opening drive, was quite mediocre the rest of the game. All this will be dramatically different the next time our teams meet. So it's understandable why some Pack fans are nervous or trying to hide their nervousness by convincing themselves that it will be the same Bears team facing the Pack later in the season.
It is to the point of no return. But you are correct sir, they are nervous... And I'm loving every minute of it.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might say 11-5, but i wouldn't be surprised by 12-4. As long as the defense keeps playing this way and the offense picks it up somewhere just to the level of maybe halfway between games 1-3 and game 4, then we'll be very tough to beat for any team, including the Rams and Patriots.

People forget we should be 4-0. We completely shit the bed in the opener, with at least 3 opportunities to put that game away. We're #3 in point differential right now, which is the quickest way to tell how good a team is on the season. That's better than Kansas City even. Only the Rams and Ravens are better so far in that category.